240 lb Woman Worries About Going Hungry

Wow. I don’t know anything about rural America, I really never thought about how isolated it can be, and how far a grocery store that stocks fresh fruits and vegetables can be.

If it’s that hard to find spinach, can you imagine what it must be like to find a pair of nine west boots? I guess trying to buy Bobbi Brown’s gel eyeliner would be like asking “which bus to Mars?”

I love New York.

It's not that hard to find spinach in rural America. I live there. It just isn't that hard.

Well, if you read this woman’s story it appears that it is that hard where she lives, and in her circumstances.
Btw, what’s the gel eyeliner sitch were you are?

You have to go to town to get spinach. The little country stores do not stock fresh vegetables except taters and maters.

It is always in the big grocery stores, if they can keep the E-Coli off of it.

Well, if you read this woman’s story it appears that it is that hard where she lives, and in her circumstances.
Btw, what’s the gel eyeliner sitch were you are?
You'd have to ask somebody who wears makeup.

You have to go to town to get spinach. The little country stores do not stock fresh vegetables except taters and maters.

It is always in the big grocery stores, if they can keep the E-Coli off of it.
Or you can grow some. Two choices.

It is true you have to go to town. But if you can't get there there are people who will give you a ride or go for you.

Mostly this woman complained about the price of greens and vegetables and won't buy them because they are too expensive then says that she eats a lot because she is stressed. If she bought things that were good for her, even though they are "more expensive" and ate in moderation she would save money.

Or you can grow some. Two choices.

It is true you have to go to town. But if you can't get there there are people who will give you a ride or go for you.

Mostly this woman complained about the price of greens and vegetables and won't buy them because they are too expensive then says that she eats a lot because she is stressed. If she bought things that were good for her, even though they are "more expensive" and ate in moderation she would save money.

It is really a shame that junk food costs so much less than healthy food though. When I go food shopping, sometimes I can’t believe what I spend.

People today are too spoiled and lazy to actually cook/prepare food.

20 years ago the country stores carried lots more fresh produce and such.
The stores sell what the people buy.

Wow. I don’t know anything about rural America, I really never thought about how isolated it can be, and how far a grocery store that stocks fresh fruits and vegetables can be.

If it’s that hard to find spinach, can you imagine what it must be like to find a pair of nine west boots? I guess trying to buy Bobbi Brown’s gel eyeliner would be like asking “which bus to Mars?”

I love New York.

Speaking of which, I went to pick up a brush set yesterday from there, highway robbery! I thought the mac counter was pretty high, then when I mosied over to the BB counter, I was floored.

I raiseed quite a bit of my food this year and will raise more next year.
Think I will keep buying my chicken and milk though. Hate cleaning chickens and milking cows.

I raiseed quite a bit of my food this year and will raise more next year.
Think I will keep buying my chicken and milk though. Hate cleaning chickens and milking cows.
We milk the goats and sell it to the city folk who think that goat milk is somehow better... Then we buy real milk from the neighbors.

Actually the grocery store should start up a bus program to the neighboring areas. That would be pretty profitable.

Actually the grocery store should start up a bus program to the neighboring areas. That would be pretty profitable.
Not such a bad idea. Once a week get a van and at a certain time pick them up...

I think it would work, if you owned the grocery.

Speaking of which, I went to pick up a brush set yesterday from there, highway robbery! I thought the mac counter was pretty high, then when I mosied over to the BB counter, I was floored.

I know. It’s been such a shock for me since I left Estee, where I was getting Bobbi Brown and Mac for close to nothing. I really feel sorry for me. It’s worse for me, because you’re used to paying those prices. Lol. Her brushes are great though!

BB is way more than Mac, but I stopped by the Mac counter to make an appointment to have my makeup done for a party on the 22nd, and you have to buy four products there, not two like at BB. But I want to pick up some Mac stuff anyway, they have such funky makeup, it’s fun for the holidays.

Back