240 lb Woman Worries About Going Hungry

I know. It’s been such a shock for me since I left Estee, where I was getting Bobbi Brown and Mac for close to nothing. I really feel sorry for me. It’s worse for me, because you’re used to paying those prices. Lol. Her brushes are great though!

BB is way more than Mac, but I stopped by the Mac counter to make an appointment to have my makeup done for a party on the 22nd, and you have to buy four products there, not two like at BB. But I want to pick up some Mac stuff anyway, they have such funky makeup, it’s fun for the holidays.

I LOVE MAC!!!!! How much were you paying before?

It is really a shame that junk food costs so much less than healthy food though. When I go food shopping, sometimes I can’t believe what I spend.

Yeah, but if she really wanted to make an effort to stock up on healthy food she could. Meals of Rice, beans, pasta and frozen/canned vegetables is probably affordable. I'd be interested to see what she's picking up at the grocery store.

I LOVE MAC!!!!! How much were you paying before?

Well, with The Company Store, it works this way. If it is not “out” on the floor, you had to go to the back and order it out of stock, and that meant a straight 50% off. But much of what you’d want was on the floor, and that meant, that it was already marked down at least 30%, and then you’d get your 40% employee discount on top of that. I am getting sad writing this. I spent a lot of time in The Company Store. And it wasn’t even my time because that place was so messed up I never saw my boss and they had no idea if I was in my tiny little no window basement office or not. So when I was bored and nothing was going on here, I’d walk over to the next building and shop.

But, I’m doing good work now that helps people. That is what’s supposed to make up for it.

Anyway…

Yeah, but if she really wanted to make an effort to stock up on healthy food she could. Meals of Rice, beans, pasta and frozen/canned vegetables is probably affordable. I'd be interested to see what she's picking up at the grocery store.

That’s true. Frozen veggies are actually not too bad, I have read that because they are flash-frozen they keep a lot of their nutrients in them. They are supposed to be much better than canned vegetables.
Who knows what pleasures a rural obese woman with no car has…junk food might be it.

That’s true. Frozen veggies are actually not too bad, I have read that because they are flash-frozen they keep a lot of their nutrients in them. They are supposed to be much better than canned vegetables.
Who knows what pleasures a rural obese woman with no car has…junk food might be it.
It depends, in some cases the canned vegetables retain more nutrients.

Well, with The Company Store, it works this way. If it is not “out” on the floor, you had to go to the back and order it out of stock, and that meant a straight 50% off. But much of what you’d want was on the floor, and that meant, that it was already marked down at least 30%, and then you’d get your 40% employee discount on top of that. I am getting sad writing this. I spent a lot of time in The Company Store. And it wasn’t even my time because that place was so messed up I never saw my boss and they had no idea if I was in my tiny little no window basement office or not. So when I was bored and nothing was going on here, I’d walk over to the next building and shop.

But, I’m doing good work now that helps people. That is what’s supposed to make up for it.

Anyway…

Screw that. You were getting nearly 60% off. Helping people other than yourself is over rated.

When you add meats in is where it gets really expensive. But from the sounds of it she could use a vegetarian diet for an extended period of time. Although I think you can get canned tuna relatively inexpensively.

Tuna is not cheap considering the volume a 240 lb woman would consume.
It is expensive to get your daily quota of mercury.
We can hope the price of sugar soars to make junk food less appealing price wise.

Will do. I was just sitting here yesterday how nice it would be to go out and pick some fresh salad stuff....

I can probably sell enough stuff out of it to pay for it in a few years.
Need to check on sizes, styles, etc...

Actually if I had enough space, I wouldn't mind doing something like that either. I love fresh tomatoes from the garden.

Ehh, don't see much of a need to be outraged. She can work with the people in her neighborhood to pressure the local convenient store to start stocking canned fruits, veggies, and skim milk. People need to wake up and stop feeling 'at mercy' with the environment they live in. People aren't powerless and can actually do something if they want to.

Yep DD, what I said.

the stores are in business to sell stuff and if it does not offer what you want to buy...

Although the loss rate and labor costs are higher for fresh produce. That can be a big factor in why the smaller stores do not sell it.

My guess would be ho ho's and twinkies. Staples of every fat persons diet.

When talking about costs... she may want to consider the fact that if she ate healthy and in moderation as Damo suggested, she would also likely lose weight and save on healthcare costs. Especially if she exercised a bit as well.

Back