240 lb Woman Worries About Going Hungry

Most seriously overweight people have other attitude problems and tend to be a bit lazy.
I did say most, not all.

No, I would rather they EXERCISE as their pleasure. Exercise releases endorphins.... which make you FEEL better, it also helps you to lose weight... which makes your FEEL better.

Yes, I scorn people who are overweight. Because for the vast majority of overweight people, they are overweight because they choose not to eat healthy or exercise appropriately.

You are right that people choose their lifestyle.. however for those who are uninformed, they don't understand how unhealthy things are for you. They don't realize how bad Pop is for you, and think sugar is worse for you than HFCS. Most people aren't interested in knowing what is healthy, and our government supports unhealthy choices moreso than the healthy ones at this point.

yep libertarianism covers a lot of ground. One of the reasons it does not sell very well.

I dont think it sells well because the people I've met that are most passionate are usually crazy. You find an ultra-liberal, they seem bleeding heart. You find an ultra-neoconservative, they seem too caught up in religion. You find an ultra-libertarian, their usually extremely paranoid and afraid of anything having to do with government, or pot smoking college kids... lol. Not many good examples yet for libertarians to point to, it'll take a long time before it catches on if it can survive.

I dont think it sells well because the people I've met that are most passionate are usually crazy. You find an ultra-liberal, they seem bleeding heart. You find an ultra-neoconservative, they seem too caught up in religion. You find an ultra-libertarian, their usually extremely paranoid and afraid of anything having to do with government, or pot smoking college kids... lol. Not many good examples yet for libertarians to point to, it'll take a long time before it catches on if it can survive.

...all of that, plus completely humorless, am I right?

No, I would rather they EXERCISE as their pleasure. Exercise releases endorphins.... which make you FEEL better, it also helps you to lose weight... which makes your FEEL better.

Yes, I scorn people who are overweight. Because for the vast majority of overweight people, they are overweight because they choose not to eat healthy or exercise appropriately.

Chose not to eat healthy?

Do you realise what the cheapest food you can buy consists of?

Poor people have physical labor jobs. You expect them to come home and exersize as their means of entertainment?

This also completetly ignores health problems which can make most forms of exersize difficult for many people.

Tiana, obviously once they lost their black slaves, they were too lazy to farm for themselves.

There's plenty of farms around me, and produce and fresh food is easy to get. There's like three different farmer's markets here every week. I can totally stock up on veggies, fruits and produce. Of course, to be honest, we have our little brown slaves doing the work for us - our migrant workers. :mad:

(sarcasm alert)

These problems are real folks. Do you really think a woman who wieghts 240 does not feel hunger pains when she cant afford food?

To many very poor people food is nearly their only pleasure. Would you rather this person drink as their pleasure? I really dont understand the Hate that exsists in our society for people who are over wieght. We seem to have compassion for drug addicts, ex addicts and the like but then given someone who is overwieght we scorn them.
CHEAP,OVERPROCESSED FOOD is the main culprit of this problem in our country. Its time we realised just how much money this is costing our country in a variety of ways and stop these corporate pushers from pumping out this crap and spending more in advertising than it takes to make this *&&% from adding to a serious problem we face.

Well, I for one hate all people equally. As for this woman, I'm not going to automatically feel sorry her because she claims all she has access to is junk food. That's ridiculous. If you're a diabetic, you know darn well that you need to incorporate less fatty foods and more fruits and vegetables. If she's getting insulin she's getting that advise from somewhere. Even it its a trip to the store once a month, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say she's not making a concerted effort to eat healthy.

I do not think it has ever been in place and worked anywhere in the world.
at least in the last couple of hundred years.

Chose not to eat healthy?

Do you realise what the cheapest food you can buy consists of?

Poor people have physical labor jobs. You expect them to come home and exersize as their means of entertainment?

This also completetly ignores health problems which can make most forms of exersize difficult for many people.

Definitely. A bag of frozen vegetables is not unreasonable. Even a bag of frozen strawberries/blueberries at Whole Foods costs under $1.50.

You have the problem of associating Dano with all Libertarians.. lol.

I've made ya laugh a couple times, and when in the mood it's quite easy for me :)

I'll be honest. He's single handedly managed to turn me off from them completely and forever.

Back