240 lb Woman Worries About Going Hungry

My aunt had her property farmed to make food for the local beef and diary farmers. Of course, property taxes are what made her decide to up and leave. But, her property was just sold and split into 5 different properties. It is true that local family farms are a dying breed.

You just can't compete with the subsidizied mechanized agribusinesses. There are a few farms over in Big Level, none around the college where I live. But I'm sure the median income in Big Level is extremely low. For farmers, well, I can imagine some of those people making 5000 a year, but that's just an estimation.

You just can't compete with the subsidizied mechanized agribusinesses. There are a few farms over in Big Level, none around the college where I live. But I'm sure the median income in Big Level is extremely low. For farmers, well, I can imagine some of those people making 5000 a year, but that's just an estimation.

You're probably right. My Aunt was just holding on to it because it was a great place for the family to meet up for holidays and the kids in the family loved going there to 'explore'. It wasn't flat land, it was a little valley with a nice stream going through. She didn't make jack shit on the hay bales. My cousin made more money chopping more firewood than my aunt needed for her wood burning heater. Selling it for $50 a truck load seemed like a lot of money.

A friend has a 500 acre cattle farm. He makes about 30-40K per year off of it....
But the land is worth a over a million if sold...
And development around him is raising his property taxes.

Great post Desh, and that is a good point (among many). No matter how much you weight, if you have no food, you get hungry.

But it's not a big deal, ever watch Survivor? Plenty of fat people going hungry and end up having no choice but to lose weight and afterwards they feel great!

But it's not a big deal, ever watch Survivor? Plenty of fat people going hungry and end up having no choice but to lose weight and afterwards they feel great!

It really bothers me that an idiot like you votes.
Maybe we should base all of our public policies on what happened on “Survivor”, which, no I have never seen because I am not an idiot Dano.

Now, there may very well be some people who can afford to waste an hour filling their minds with such crap, but you Dano, are not one of them. You should have spent that time reading.

Back