303k jobs added in March

Your the one who brought up the tangent/bizarre claim that Democrats wanted to keep women barefoot and pregnant. Then you started talking about trans people. Anything but talking about the fact that we are creating jobs quicker than people to fill those jobs. The economy is doing too well.

you should check again

Unemployment at 3.8%,
People having to work multiple jobs to make ends meet is NOT an "expanding economy".
A growing number of single people being unable to afford a basic home on a typical wage is NOT an "expanding economy".

GDP growth at 3.3%...
Skyrocketing inflation is not an "expanding economy".

That is one odd depression.
It is a depressed economy, and a mightily depressed one at that.

Are you sure that you are not depressed about the lack of an economic depression?
I'm not depressed at all. I have faith in my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ, who died for my sins and is soon coming to call me to be with him.

Skyrocketing inflation is not an "expanding economy".

GDP growth of 3.3% is an expanding economy. Inflation is not how an expanding economy is defined.

And inflation is not skyrocketing. It has fallen from a high of 9.1% to about 3.2% right now. That is not as low as we would like it to be(2%), but very close. It is close enough that we are beginning to talk about loosening the restrictions on economic growth.

And remember, the restrictions on economic growth that drove down inflation still allowed us to have 3.3% growth. That is an expanding economy.

It is a depressed economy, and a mightily depressed one at that.

You think 3.3% growth is a depression?

And inflation is not skyrocketing. It has fallen from a high of 9.1% to about 3.2% right now. That is not as low as we would like it to be(2%), but very close.
Inflation IS skyrocketing. The numbers that you are quoting aren't what inflation is.

It is close enough that we are beginning to talk about loosening the restrictions on economic growth.
Now you're stuck in a paradox.

[1] The economy is expanding.
[2] Economic growth is being restricted.

Which is it?

And remember, the restrictions on economic growth that drove down inflation still allowed us to have 3.3% growth. That is an expanding economy.
Continued paradox. Continued redefinition of inflation as economic growth.

You think 3.3% growth is a depression?
There is no "3.3% growth". It doesn't exist. See your local grocer for details.

Inflation IS skyrocketing. The numbers that you are quoting aren't what inflation is.

Inflation went up, and then came down. It is now averaging around 3.2%. Inflation is hard to hide, so I am relatively sure that this is correct.

We want 2%, so we are in the right neighborhood, but we do need it a little lower.

Now you're stuck in a paradox.
[1] The economy is expanding.
[2] Economic growth is being restricted.

The economy is growing even though there are restrictions. It is such a strong economy that even anti-growth/anti-inflation measures cannot keep it down.

There is no "3.3% growth". It doesn't exist. See your local grocer for details.

There definitely is 3.3% growth. I would not usually go to a grocery store to see growth, because the amount of food people eat usually maxes out at a level. Economic growth is usually seen in other sectors.

That being said, I recently went to a brand new Wegman's that was super crowded, and had a wide selection of many luxury foods selling well.

Inflation went up, and then came down.
WRONG. Inflation never "came down". It is still going up.

It is now averaging around 3.2%.
Nope. Inflation is much higher than that.

Inflation is hard to hide, so I am relatively sure that this is correct.
Apparently YOU can't see it. :seenoevil::hearnoevil:

The US Treasury could tell you more about it though.

We want 2%, so we are in the right neighborhood, but we do need it a little lower.
Speak for yourself. I want more purchasing power for my dollars, not less.

The economy is growing even though there are restrictions. It is such a strong economy that even anti-growth/anti-inflation measures cannot keep it down.
Continued paradox.

There definitely is 3.3% growth. I would not usually go to a grocery store to see growth, because the amount of food people eat usually maxes out at a level. Economic growth is usually seen in other sectors.

That being said, I recently went to a brand new Wegman's that was super crowded, and had a wide selection of many luxury foods selling well.
Continued paradox.

Speak for yourself. I want more purchasing power for my dollars, not less.

Deflation rewards laziness. It allows people to make money for just keeping money, and not investing it. It makes loans impossible.

Deflation caused the Great Depression and was part of the causes of the Dark Ages. Deflation is bad.

To keep deflation at bay, we keep inflation low, but above zero. Two percent has been found to be the best target.

Groceries are expensive because the business has become an oligopoly. The chains kep merging and getting bought up until there are few left. 11 were bought up just last year. Powerful owners are interested in maximizing profits by charging all the traffic will bear.

Deflation rewards laziness. It allows people to make money for just keeping money, and not investing it. It makes loans impossible.

Deflation caused the Great Depression and was part of the causes of the Dark Ages. Deflation is bad.

To keep deflation at bay, we keep inflation low, but above zero. Two percent has been found to be the best target.
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Groceries are expensive because the business has become an oligopoly. The chains kep merging and getting bought up until there are few left. 11 were bought up just last year. Powerful owners are interested in maximizing profits by charging all the traffic will bear.
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Bullshit, with a capital BULLSHIT.

Kroger is the largest grocery chain in the US
Kroger net profit margin as of January 31, 2024 is 1.44%.
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/...entage,margin as of January 31, 2024 is 1.44%.

Albertsons / Safeway is the second largest
Albertsons net profit margin as of November 30, 2023 is 1.71%
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/ACI/albertsons/profit-margins

Walmart also sells groceries and their margin is similar on those products (at less than 2%) but has a slightly higher profit margin overall
Walmart net profit margin as of January 31, 2024 is 2.39%.
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/WMT/walmart/profit-margins#google_vignette

Those three represent about 40% of all groceries sold in the US. So, you are totally full of shit.

1712838676152-png.1544657

Back