60% of Americans oppose the war!

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Sixty percent of Americans oppose the U.S. war in Iraq and a majority would support a partial withdrawal of troops by year's end, a CNN poll said on Wednesday."

DID YOU NOT SEE THE "AND"?

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Sixty percent of Americans oppose the U.S. war in Iraq and a majority would support a partial withdrawal of troops by year's end, a CNN poll said on Wednesday."

DID YOU NOT SEE THE "AND"?

I see where that's how the liberal pinhead reporter chose to spin the actual poll. As for the wording of the question asked, I think it was presumptive to think he was correct in his "objecive" journalistic analysis.

Of course, for koolaid drinkers such as yourself, it sounds good to you, so why question it? Right?

Answer me this, Genius... Why have there been numerous votes on the floor of Congress, in both the House and Senate, to withdraw our troops from Iraq and call it quits, and they have all failed miserably, by an overwhelming majority? Do you honestly believe Congress is ignoring what 60% of the general public thinks?

Last edited:
I see where that's how the liberal pinhead reporter chose to spin the actual poll. As for the wording of the question asked, I think it was presumptive to think he was correct in his "objecive" journalistic analysis.

Of course, for koolaid drinkers such as yourself, it sounds good to you, so why question it? Right?

Answer me this, Genius... Why have their been numerous votes on the floor of Congress, in both the House and Senate, to withdraw our troops from Iraq and call it quits, and they have all failed miserably, by an overwhelming majority? Do you honestly believe Congress is ignoring what 60% of the general public thinks?

Typical Republican... attack the messinger, claim a liberal bias, claim that you are smarter than that but the liberals arnt... and move on!

Answer me this, Genius... Why have their been numerous votes on the floor of Congress, in both the House and Senate, to withdraw our troops from Iraq and call it quits, and they have all failed miserably, by an overwhelming majority? Do you honestly believe Congress is ignoring what 60% of the general public thinks?

I dont belive Congress currently represents the will of the people... but that will change come November.

I dont belive Congress currently represents the will of the people... but that will change come November.

Really? You mean, they don't have their own independent polling system among their constituents, to see what kind of job they are doing, and how well they are adhering to the views of the voters who elected them? My goodness... how do you suppose they expect to be re-elected? Maybe you believe that Bush and Cheney brainwashed them? Maybe Karl Rove had dirt on them and blackmailed them into their continued support of Bush's war? Mayyyyyyybe.... aliens are working with Bush, and they have infiltrated the bodies of all these Congressmen! OMG! Could that be????
:eek:

Really? You mean, they don't have their own independent polling system among their constituents, to see what kind of job they are doing, and how well they are adhering to the views of the voters who elected them? My goodness... how do you suppose they expect to be re-elected? Maybe you believe that Bush and Cheney brainwashed them? Maybe Karl Rove had dirt on them and blackmailed them into their continued support of Bush's war? Mayyyyyyybe.... aliens are working with Bush, and they have infiltrated the bodies of all these Congressmen! OMG! Could that be????

I did not say they did not know what the will of the people is, I said they do not currently represent the will of the people. The will of the people has changed a lot since the last election... You have set up a false argument here! Lieberman's defeat should illistrate to you my above premis is correct... But you and your ilk will not pay any attention to the signs. When people are elected via tricks like trying to manipulate voter turn out in swing states with fear mongering or playing on bigotry (gay marriage) the result is a representative who does not truely reflect the will of the people!

I blame the religous right for the AIDS thing, because it was related to sex they were very slow to react to it. The idea that it was Gods punishment for deviant sex caused the slow reaction.

[sarcasm]I blame the religious right for just about every ill-fated decision in this country.[/sarcasm]

The same time you started your chant about this being a neverending quagmire like Vietnam, with no exit strategy. What was your point?

Vietnam quagmire ? surely you have me confused with someone else :)

So you are saying that the repubs are as dumb as the liberals ?

I did not say they did not know what the will of the people is, I said they do not currently represent the will of the people.

So, these people who went to the trouble of running for office and being elected, are simply ignoring the will of the people, in spite of realizing the political suicide to do so? What would prompt them to do such a thing? Don't they care about being re-elected?

Lieberman's defeat should illistrate to you my above premis is correct.

Lieberman's defeat means something completely different to me, it shows me how George Soros and MoveOn.org can spend enough money and influence enough voters to topple a northeast pro-war liberal. And until the ballots are counted in November, I wouldn't go around proclaiming Lieberman "defeated."

So Dixie you dont belive that once elected a leader can loose the beat of the voters?

We now collectivly see that going to war in Iraq was a mistake, one that many voters are no longer willing to forgive...

ROFLMAO, what song did you sing when Clowntoon was re-elected dixie ....

Perhaps I won't ignore Dixie, he is pretty entertaining as long as you don't take him seriously.

We now collectivly see that going to war in Iraq was a mistake, one that many voters are no longer willing to forgive...

I disagree. I think you believe this, and the koolaid you've been given with the Lieberman loss is making you think this, as well as the trumped up liberal CNN polls... but that and reality are two different things. I think there are a lot of people tired of war, wishing it were over with, and wanting it to end soon. I feel the same way, but it doesn't change my perspective on why we went to war or the vital importance it has in the War on Terror or national security. I even have questions as to the way we've done things in Iraq, serious questions, serious reservations about whether decisions were made that were wise and well thought out... it still doesn't change my perspective on why we had to take out Saddam, or the reasons for going to war in Iraq. It certainly doesn't change my perspective on whether we should surrender to alQaeda and leave now, or continue to train Iraqi security forces and complete the task.

But, I don't live in Liberal La-la Land, and I am not desperately trying to cling to my convictions about this war and make people believe something that isn't true.

[sarcasm]I blame the religious right for just about every ill-fated decision in this country.[/sarcasm]
I think he's got a point.

All protestations to the contrary notwithstanding, it's clear that the early slow response to the AIDS epidemic was due to a general perception that is was a disease confined to homosexuals. While the common prejudice against homosexuals isn't "caused" by religious convictions per se, the doctrine of many sects -- especially Christian and Muslim sects -- enshrine and reinforce that prejudice.

I think it's at least partly true that McPresident didn't want to deal with AIDS because doing so would anger the fundies.

I disagree. I think you believe this, and the koolaid you've been given with the Lieberman loss is making you think this, as well as the trumped up liberal CNN polls... but that and reality are two different things. I think there are a lot of people tired of war, wishing it were over with, and wanting it to end soon. I feel the same way, but it doesn't change my perspective on why we went to war or the vital importance it has in the War on Terror or national security. I even have questions as to the way we've done things in Iraq, serious questions, serious reservations about whether decisions were made that were wise and well thought out... it still doesn't change my perspective on why we had to take out Saddam, or the reasons for going to war in Iraq. It certainly doesn't change my perspective on whether we should surrender to alQaeda and leave now, or continue to train Iraqi security forces and complete the task.

But, I don't live in Liberal La-la Land, and I am not desperately trying to cling to my convictions about this war and make people believe something that isn't true.

It's not just the CNN polls though. It's all the polls, including WSJ, Rasmussen and even Fox News.

Are we fighting an insurgency or secretarian violence now? I cant keep your claims stright, cuz I was sure you claimed the war against the insurgency over?

I think he's got a point.

All protestations to the contrary notwithstanding, it's clear that the early slow response to the AIDS epidemic was due to a general perception that is was a disease confined to homosexuals. While the common prejudice against homosexuals isn't "caused" by religious convictions per se, the doctrine of many sects -- especially Christian and Muslim sects -- enshrine and reinforce that prejudice.

I think it's at least partly true that McPresident didn't want to deal with AIDS because doing so would anger the fundies.

Thank you for describing my point in more detail.

It's not just the CNN polls though. It's all the polls, including WSJ, Rasmussen and even Fox News.

A poll is not the collective will of the American people, and it is subject to interpretation and manipulation, based on how questions are worded, how many pinheads are off from work that day, how many airheads the pollster encounters, the mood of the pollster, and how reporters spin the results.

If we could just rely on the polls to tell us accurately what every American thinks, we would not need a Congress or a President. We could simply have a big computer in D.C. to tabulate the daily poll results from across America, and govern according to that. There is a valid reason we don't do that! Polls are NOT ALWAYS RIGHT! The ONLY poll that EVER matters, is the one held on Election Day at your local precinct. Aside from that poll, the only other possible polls that matter, are the ones taken on the floor of Congress when legislation is presented for vote. ...Like the numerous votes taken to withdraw from Iraq, which have all failed resoundingly.

A poll is not the collective will of the American people, and it is subject to interpretation and manipulation, based on how questions are worded, how many pinheads are off from work that day, how many airheads the pollster encounters, the mood of the pollster, and how reporters spin the results.

If we could just rely on the polls to tell us accurately what every American thinks, we would not need a Congress or a President. We could simply have a big computer in D.C. to tabulate the daily poll results from across America, and govern according to that. There is a valid reason we don't do that! Polls are NOT ALWAYS RIGHT! The ONLY poll that EVER matters, is the one held on Election Day at your local precinct. Aside from that poll, the only other possible polls that matter, are the ones taken on the floor of Congress when legislation is presented for vote. ...Like the numerous votes taken to withdraw from Iraq, which have all failed resoundingly.

Fox, Rasmussen and the WSJ are all liberal orginizations.. American haters!:cof1:

Back