60% of Americans oppose the war!

See Jarod, I think you are confused because you believe the CNN poll to be accurate, you are assuming it is, and I don't assume this. I think there is a stark difference between what the CNN poll indicates, and what Congressmen are actually hearing from their constituents. Now, since I don't really believe the anti-war people are too shy to call and write their representatives about this important issue, I have to conclude, the CNN poll is inaccurate, or all of Congress is under a mind control spell by Bush and Cheney, nothing else makes sense.

I say again:

a republican congress is not going to listen to polls if by responding to them, they basically admit that they have been wrong about Iraq this close to the midterms. Instead, they will do their best to continue to mischaracterize the democrats as traitors and cowards and hope that things don't completely turn to shit in Iraq prior to November.

The administration is doing their part by increasing troop strength, especially in and around Baghdad to attempt to keep a lid on the simmering insurgency/civil war until after election day.

See Jarod, I think you are confused because you believe the CNN poll to be accurate, you are assuming it is, and I don't assume this. I think there is a stark difference between what the CNN poll indicates, and what Congressmen are actually hearing from their constituents. Now, since I don't really believe the anti-war people are too shy to call and write their representatives about this important issue, I have to conclude, the CNN poll is inaccurate, or all of Congress is under a mind control spell by Bush and Cheney, nothing else makes sense.

This isn't even worth debating.

Dixie thinks all the polls are wrong, and the majority of american people don't think bush's war was a mistake.

rolls eyes

This isn't even worth debating.

Dixie thinks all the polls are wrong, and the majority of american people don't think bush's war was a mistake.

rolls eyes

You can roll your eyes all you like, it doesn't answer the question I posed. I know you think you can just throw out a CNN poll and claim it proves 60% oppose the war, and we are all supposed to just gulp it down and accept it as a fact, but this presumes we are all koolaid-drinking pinheads incapable of independent thought, like yourself.

Whether you think the war was a mistake or not, has nothing to do with whether you oppose our presence in Iraq at this time. If you believe that tactical mistakes were made in Iraq, it doesn't mean you oppose the war. And because a known liberal news entity such as CNN does a "poll" of 1,000 people, it doesn't mean this is how the entire country feels and thinks about ANYTHING!

Senators and Representatives are very in tune with their constituents. Sure, a few of them can and will sometimes misjudge the data they obtain independently, and their constituents will hold them accountable, but this normally happens on an purely isolated basis, the entire Congress doesn't make the exact same error in judgement across the board. Given that I know this to be a fact of life in politics, I can't just ignore it.

Your side has presented a poll that claims "60% of Americans Oppose the War!" Yet, every single solitary vote that has taken place to date, regarding withdrawal, funding, support or renouncement, etc... goes largely in favor of the war, not in opposition. So, you have the actual elected representation's votes, which are completely contradicting the CNN poll results, and there has to be a valid explanation for this. When you are a koolaid-drinking propagandist, such as yourself, you can ignore this kind of thing and roll your eyes... thinking and intelligent people, can't.

Back