A brief history of Hell

If you believe you'll be saved, you're mistaken, Yak. You're on a path to Hell with your hatred, bigotry and abuse of your fellow man.

You know the best part is you ignorant twat? What you think about me has no bearing on whether or not I'll be saved but you're an ignorant twat so....

No I have a biblical view of hell and who will be saved. You either can't or won't accept that. Is there something wrong with you? If you insist on talking about what heretics believe rather than what the Bible tells us then we have nothing more to say to one another. It's tiring talking to third graders.

Tell you what? Why dont you try reading the passages I posted then maybe spend some time reflecting on them like an adult and see if they teach you anything then get back to me. Until then please stop repeating the same stupid shit.

I don't think the bible is the only authority on religious belief. That is strictly a Protestant belief.

I generally only trust Bible interpretation to people who are
fluent Greek and Hebrew.

The Hebrew priests and New Testament authors did not speak English. Any attempt to cut and paste an isolated quote in English from the bible is only an imperfect interpretation of what the original authors intended.

I don't think the bible is the only authority on religious belief. That is strictly a Protestant belief.

I generally only trust Bible interpretation to people who fluent Greek and Hebrew.

The Hebrew priests and New Testament authors did not speak English. Any attempt to cut and paste an isolated quote in English from the bible is only an imperfect interpretation of what the original authors intended.

But anything that contradicts the Bible is shit. People claiming to know who will and won't be going to heaven are to be avoided.

You know the best part is you ignorant twat? What you think about me has no bearing on whether or not I'll be saved but you're an ignorant twat so....
You forget that if a simple human can see the evil in you than most certainly God can see it, Yak.

You won't be saved because you don't want to be saved. Your hatred of others is a reflection of your hatred of yourself. This is why it's not God that sends people to Hell, but person themselves.

You save yourself by letting go and loving others. By walking into God's light. You can't do that with hatred and evil in your heart.

I think the concept of both Heaven and Hell are now, and have always been, a Conspiracy Theory!

And no one has proven me wrong yet!

NEXT!

Again, agreed discussing doesn't mean connotate belief. That's not what you are doing when you make statements like these:

Your comments indicate belief in a God as written by man.

If you took out the reference to the Christian god and plugged in Zeus into the same story, I would say that same thing to a person who believed in Zeus.

If you took out the reference to the Christian god and plugged in Zeus into the same story, I would say that same thing to a person who believed in Zeus.
So you admit you are whining about stories written and told by human beings?

If so, then why do you keep claiming God did things when the reality is that it's all hearsay and opinion?

So you admit you are whining about stories written and told by human beings?

If so, then why do you keep claiming God did things when the reality is that it's all hearsay and opinion?

I'm pointing out that God isn't the beacon of morality that Christians believe he is. He's a most proficient serial killer in history.

Why would you write off drowning the world, Passover, etc but not write off other stories or, for that matter, the entirety of the Bible in the same way you would write off The Iliad and Odyssey as fiction written by man?

I'm pointing out that God isn't the beacon of morality that Christians believe he is. He's a most proficient serial killer in history.

Why would you write off drowning the world, Passover, etc but not write off other stories or, for that matter, the entirety of the Bible in the same way you would write off The Iliad and Odyssey as fiction written by man?

God is morality. The problem is people like you think decisions shouldnt have consequences but unfortunately every decision has consequences. And anytime you're held to the consequences of your decisions you strike out like a petulant child.

God is morality.
Based on what, because you can't point to his behavior and claim that?
The problem is people like you think decisions shouldnt have consequences but unfortunately every decision has consequences. And anytime you're held to the consequences of your decisions you strike out like a petulant child.

I fully support laws and law enforcement to enforce those laws.

God is morality.
Based on what, because you can't point to his behavior and claim that?
The problem is people like you think decisions shouldnt have consequences but unfortunately every decision has consequences. And anytime you're held to the consequences of your decisions you strike out like a petulant child.

I fully support laws and law enforcement to enforce those laws.

Once again affirming both your belief and your hatred of the Christian God. LOL

There's the OT and the NT. It depends upon the "story" in question since the Bible is more than just stories. The Iliad and Odyssey contain both fact and legend. Separating the two is important since simply lumping them as all fiction or all fact would be an error. Same goes for any ancient text regardless of how much you love or hate it, 'Mode.

Once again affirming both your belief and your hatred of the Christian God. LOL

There's the OT and the NT. It depends upon the "story" in question since the Bible is more than just stories. The Iliad and Odyssey contain both fact and legend. Separating the two is important since simply lumping them as all fiction or all fact would be an error. Same goes for any ancient text regardless of how much you love or hate it, 'Mode.

I don't hate the Christian God any more than I hate the God of any other religion. That would be like hating Santa Clause.

Based on what criteria do you separate the facts from fiction in the Bible and why would God allow false information into the Bible?

I don't hate the Christian God any more than I hate the God of any other religion. That would be like hating Santa Clause.

Based on what criteria do you separate the facts from fiction in the Bible and why would God allow false information into the Bible?
Your posts indicate a lot of emotional commitment to hating God. Specifically, the Christian God since you keep using that phrase. Not the Muslim God, not the Jewish God, but the "Christian God". It's an odd hate too since the "Christian God" is the God of Jesus, the God of Peace and Love. Only someone persecuted by Christians would hate the "Christian God". In my experience, that's always been gays, transgenders and transexuals. Are you any of those, 'Mode?

Unless you're going to say that the homicidal stories in the Bible are simply made up, there's no reason to believe that the Christian God is not a homicidal maniac.

Weird that you are a strict biblical literalist. Only fire and brimstone fundamentalists tend to be strict biblical literalists.

Odd that an atheist would adopt the strict biblical literalism of small minority of world Christianity.

The Christian tradition I grew up in barely cares about the Old Testament, other than the fact that it supposedly has prophecies about Jesus, and it has iconic the Decalogue. The stories in the Torah, the Jewish ritual laws, the Jewish histories filling up the TaNakh either barely apply to christians, or are widely considered allegorical.

Weird that you are a strict biblical literalist. Only fire and brimstone fundamentalists tend to be strict biblical literalists.

Odd that an atheist would adopt the strict biblical literalism of small minority of world Christianity.

The Christian tradition I grew up in barely cares about the Old Testament, other than the fact that it supposedly has prophecies about Jesus, and it has iconic the Decalogue. The stories in the Torah, the Jewish ritual laws, the Jewish histories filling up the TaNakh either barely apply to christians, or are widely considered allegorical.

Agreed on the observations. 'Mode seems to have a special hatred for Christians and all their denominations. Notice he never mentions the gods of Islam, Judaism, Hinduism.

Agreed on the observations. 'Mode seems to have a special hatred for Christians and all their denominations. Notice he never mentions the gods of Islam, Judaism, Hinduism.
Buddhism had it's own fantastical myths and gruesome punishments in Hell.

My judgement is that most message board atheists are not actually impartial and detached irreligious individuals. They aren't actually atheists. They are crusading anti-christian zealots.

Back