A Far-Right German Party's Win Has Some Fearing For The Future. Others Worry Of A Return To The Past

Hume

Verified User
AfD won its state election in Thuringia on Sunday under one of its hardest-right figures, Björn Höcke. In Saxony, the party finished only just behind the mainstream conservative Christian Democratic Union, which leads the national opposition.

Deep discontent with a national government notorious for infighting, inflation and a weak economy, anti-immigration sentiment and skepticism toward German military aid for Ukraine are among the factors that contributed to support for populist parties.

German leader urges parties to boycott far right after its election wins​

“All democratic parties are now called upon to form stable governments without right-wing extremists,” Scholz told Reuters, describing the outcome as “bitter."

AfD won its state election in Thuringia on Sunday under one of its hardest-right figures, Björn Höcke. In Saxony, the party finished only just behind the mainstream conservative Christian Democratic Union, which leads the national opposition.

Deep discontent with a national government notorious for infighting, inflation and a weak economy, anti-immigration sentiment and skepticism toward German military aid for Ukraine are among the factors that contributed to support for populist parties.

Germans in the east are pissed that Arabs and other refugees who don’t work live as well and have free healthcare as Germans who actually work.

“All democratic parties are now called upon to form stable governments without right-wing extremists,” Scholz told Reuters, describing the outcome as “bitter."

Yep, the Left doesn't like the outcome, so they are going to ignore the results and riot over them... How usual...

My wife is from Sachsen as is her family. We go there at least once a year and have several friends from there we play golf with.
I know more about their politics than your stupid link.
If you want more accurate information , just ask me.

Merkel fucked up that country irreversibly with her open borders. It’s unrecognizable from when I lived there in the 90’s.

My wife is from Sachsen as is her family. We go there at least once a year and have several friends from there we play golf with.
I know more about their politics than your stupid link.
If you want more accurate information , just ask me.
I posted a news item. I was not soliciting your personal life.

Scholz urges firewall against far right after election win​

The German chancellor, Olaf Scholz, has urged mainstream parties not to lend support to the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party, which won a big victory in the eastern state of Thuringia in Sunday's regional election.

The result gives the far right its first win in a state parliament election since World War Two.

Scholz urges firewall against far right after election win​

The German chancellor, Olaf Scholz, has urged mainstream parties not to lend support to the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party, which won a big victory in the eastern state of Thuringia in Sunday's regional election.

The result gives the far right its first win in a state parliament election since World War Two.

Schulz is almost irrelevant. They can’t stand him.

Back