A glimpse of who will run a McCain presidency

He was on TV condemning it. Pretty much like Desh said.

Which is the game. They run it, he complains about it. They run it anyway. He gets credit for "denouncing" it. He reaps the benefit of the negative message and his denouncing it and their running it anyway becomes a news story in and of itself and the cable news shows run the ad for free ad nauseum. It's perfect.

If this was a 527 I could understand the argument that he can't do anything about it, but this is the state GOP. Surely the GOP presidential candidate and the RNC have some levels they can pull other than mealy-mouthed condemnations to get the ads not to run and surely they could do so behind closed doors.

Just like Bush was opposed to the Swift Boat Vets and what they did. Funny how later it came out that they were all close friends with Carl Rove!

And expect those who vote for McCain to act suprised in a couple of years if he wins.

It's suppose to be a cakewalk right? Black says McCain has no chance. We are in a war and the economy is not good.

All the conditions McCain would want in his ideal world.

Which is the game. They run it, he complains about it. They run it anyway. He gets credit for "denouncing" it. He reaps the benefit of the negative message and his denouncing it and their running it anyway becomes a news story in and of itself and the cable news shows run the ad for free ad nauseum. It's perfect.

If this was a 527 I could understand the argument that he can't do anything about it, but this is the state GOP. Surely the GOP presidential candidate and the RNC have some levels they can pull other than mealy-mouthed condemnations to get the ads not to run and surely they could do so behind closed doors.

They did this same shit to Ford, I believe that was the Tennessee state party running those “call me Harold” ads, designed to make white men break out into a sweat. “Harold Ford likes white women, run for your lives!” These pukes don’t even need 527’s to hide behind. It’s not as funny to do it that way. You get more smirks this way.

It's suppose to be a cakewalk right? Black says McCain has no chance. We are in a war and the economy is not good.

All the conditions McCain would want in his ideal world.

Cakewalk? You are likely completely unaware of this, but the term cakewalk is a racially loaded term, particularly when discussing a presidential election where a black guy in a likely nominee.

Cakewalk? You are likely completely unaware of this, but the term cakewalk is a racially loaded term, particularly when discussing a presidential election where a black guy in a likely nominee.

I really hate to show that I am as ignorant as Cawacko, especially since I recently went public with the observation that he doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground, but…I am not aware of what is behind that term either. Can you explain?

What?

A cakewalk is a contest held in rural areas where kids walk in a circle until music stops they stand on a paper plate, usually, on the ground with a number on it. The person running the "contest" pulls a number from a hat and whomever is standing on the plate with that number wins a cake.

Seriously, you have to be reaching to find racism in a term as innocuous as cakewalk. It is used to show how easy something is because kids usually get to continue in the "contest" until they win a cake.

Oh give me a break! They’ll all be shocked, just shocked, to find out he’s not “ a true fiscal conservative”. You know, like they were with Bush. Both times!
They won't. They already know he voted against the tax break and for the pill bill. It would be difficult to disguise this.

What?

A cakewalk is a contest held in rural areas where kids walk in a circle until music stops they stand on a paper plate, usually, on the ground with a number on it. The person running the "contest" pulls a number from a hat and whomever is standing on the plate with that number wins a cake.

Seriously, you have to be reaching to find racism in a term as innocuous as cakewalk. It is used to show how easy something is because kids usually get to continue in the "contest" until they win a cake.

Yeah, really reaching to find racism in a term that derives from slaveowners having their slaves put on faux formal dances where the master doles out cake as a prize fro being the most ridiculous of the group. Quite a stretch there.

As I said, most folks are unaware of it, but cakewalk is a racially loaded term, particularly in a contest where one of the contestants is a black guy.

They won't. They already know he voted against the tax break and for the pill bill. It would be difficult to disguise this.

Damo, both Cawacko and SF will be shocked. They will claim that anyone who thinks that conservatives aren’t pissed that McCain ended up to be big government, is stupid. SF will be so pissed that about a year before the nominees are announced, he will be saying he just may vote dem this time! Then, it will end up in both cases, that wouldn’t you know it, because the dems went and nominated a democrat, again, they’re forced to vote for the republican. But they’re pissed! They’re only to take this for another several decades. If things don’t change by then, they’re going third party!

Yeah, really reaching to find racism in a term that derives from slaveowners having their slaves put on faux formal dances where the master doles out cake as a prize fro being the most ridiculous of the group. Quite a stretch there.

As I said, most folks are unaware of it, but cakewalk is a racially loaded term, particularly in a contest where one of the contestants is a black guy.
Hmm...

It appears to have evolved over time into an innocuous contest where kids get cake for standing on the right paper plate. It also became a way to show how simple it is to win something.

A cakewalk is something that is impossible to lose as the kids get to keep going until they "win".

Yeah I didn’t know that. A lot of common sayings have really horrifying roots. I didn’t know that “rule of thumb” came from the biblical rule that a man should only beat his wife with a strap as wide as his thumb. Damo posted that once. I never used the term again.

This is about as indicative of McCain's leadership skills as Time magazine's cover is indicative that they hate America.

Interesting that so many of you were talking about false outrage so recently.

http://www.cotam.org/blog/archives/320

Charles R Black Jr runs McSames campaign. He comes from the same school as Rove. They even fought each other early on for position. This is just the kind of stuff Rs have been doing for years. Use someone else to do the dirty work and wring your hands in public while patting them on the back and telling your funders to give to these people to get arround the donation limmits.

http://www.cotam.org/blog/archives/320

Charles R Black Jr runs McSames campaign. He comes from the same school as Rove. They even fought each other early on for position. This is just the kind of stuff Rs have been doing for years. Use someone else to do the dirty work and wring your hands in public while patting them on the back and telling your funders to give to these people to get arround the donation limmits.

You don't think Democrats work the same way?

Back