A Horrible Story

You should watch the documentary Resparo.
RESTREPO is a feature-length documentary that chronicles the deployment of a platoon of U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan's Korengal Valley. The movie focuses on a remote 15-man outpost, "Restrepo," named after a platoon medic who was killed in action. It was considered one of the most dangerous postings in the U.S. military.
http://restrepothemovie.com/story/

So you are comparing "a remote 15-man outpost...the most dangerous postings in the U.S. military" with Operation Just Cause, where 23 soldiers were killed out of a force of 2000?

And you claim that I lack a frame of reference. :palm:

http://restrepothemovie.com/story/

So you are comparing "a remote 15-man outpost...the most dangerous postings in the U.S. military" with Operation Just Cause, where 23 soldiers were killed out of a force of 2000?

And you claim that I lack a frame of reference. :palm:
you said earlier that all these soldiers have been treated softly by their parents and should suck it up. THOSE ARE the soldiers that are coming home and comitting auicide.

In other words, you heard some popping sounds far away. That must have been stressful to you. :)

Even if he had been 20 miles away from the gunfire, he would have been much closer then you ever were.

When you hide at home and enjoy the freedoms guaranteed by others, you have no room to make bogus assumptions about whether they were ever under fire or not. You weren't, and part of the reason you weren't is that others stepped up to keep you safe.

you said earlier that all these soldiers have been treated softly by their parents and should suck it up. THOSE ARE the soldiers that are coming home and comitting auicide.
What I said that set you off this time was:
I think a lot of this is due to the way parents coddle their kids these days.

Based on your statement above you apparently agree with me.

No, just those who use their service in the Navy to prove how brave they are. :)

You think I have used it to prove how brave I am? Sorry SM, I have never needed to prove anything like that. You are the one trying to prove something. And unsuccessfully, I might add.

LOL. That's why he's living in Detroit. :)
Lots of people call Detroit home. People who are successful and unsuccesful. Jerry Bruckheimer lives in Detroit, Ted Nugent lives in Detroit. I think Tom Seleck still lives there part time. So They are all in good company living with Billy.

Lots of people call Detroit home. People who are successful and unsuccesful. Jerry Bruckheimer lives in Detroit, Ted Nugent lives in Detroit. I think Tom Seleck still lives there part time. So They are all in good company living with Billy.
Billy's claim to fame is drinking the most beer at his corner rat-hole. He hasn't, and most likely will not ever, contribute much to society except for some clogged public toilets.

Billy's claim to fame is drinking the most beer at his corner rat-hole. He hasn't, and most likely will not ever, contribute much to society except for some clogged public toilets.
But he was a Marine, he served his country in time of war. Much more than you can ever say about what you did for your country. America will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.

And what is most fucked up, is I don't believe you HAVE to serve in the military. but you talk more shit about men and women that have placed themselves in harms way. When you do that, then I want to know, WTF did you do?

Back