A Theology Question

Sorry, I have no idea why you wrote that.

I said we'd be better off with the gods of old.

You responded with, "Poseidon--God of the ocean. Ares--God of war. Examples. Ships sailing can crash in a storm. War can destroy your nation."

It sounded to me as though you were saying the god these people talk about...is still a better bet than the ancient gods. I just wasn't sure...which is the reason for my question.

No big deal. We can drop it if you prefer.

Anyone who comes up with a truly original and independent idea in philosophy, physics, history gets awarded a PhD. That's what PhDs are for - an award for original contributions to human thought and knowledge.

The best people like you and me can hope for, after spending a lifetime taking classes, reading books, listening to subject matter experts is to synthesize and filter it though our own experience to decide which ideas speak most convincingly to our sensibilities

History shows most people that comes up with an original thought end up murdered for their thoughts that weren't mainstream.

I said we'd be better off with the gods of old.

You responded with, "Poseidon--God of the ocean. Ares--God of war. Examples. Ships sailing can crash in a storm. War can destroy your nation."

It sounded to me as though you were saying the god these people talk about...is still a better bet than the ancient gods. I just wasn't sure...which is the reason for my question.

No big deal. We can drop it if you prefer.

Ancient Greeks are ancient. You do not consider Homer ancient?

Sources outside of religious texts talk of a man called Jesus who caused quite a stir.

There is zero doubt He existed, it’s historical record, the only question they debate is whether He was God

Not sure where you came up with the notion, "There is zero doubt that he existed" or "it's historical record."

Neither is true that I can see.

We truly do not know that a single individual, Jesus, existed. The only "historical" mention of him is the New Testament. The Josephus suggestion has been questioned by scholars totally.

So...if you have some actual historical records about the existence of Jesus...what are they?

Because it is.

It is?

No...it is not.

Your assertion that there is a god...is nothing but a guess.

Your assertions about the values of that god...are nothing but guesses, based on other people's guesses.

Your assertions about what pleases and offends that god...and the punishments or rewards of that god...are also nothing but guesses, based on other people's guesses.

Your divine revelation from this holy spirit which you guess exists...sounds nuts.

It is?

No...it is not.

Your assertion that there is a god...is nothing but a guess.

Your assertions about the values of that god...are nothing but guesses, based on other people's guesses.

Your assertions about what pleases and offends that god...and the punishments or rewards of that god...are also nothing but guesses, based on other people's guesses.

Your divine revelation from this holy spirit which you guess exists...sounds nuts.

It is!

The Bible was written. If this bothers you, there is nothing else to say.

The Bible has prophecy that has not all come to pass yet!
Israel becoming a nation ,that came true.
The Holocaust came true
Jerusalem returning to the Jews that came true.
Next biggy will be the Temple being rebuilt right where the Dome of the Rock sitsimg_1_1681516771404.jpg

As Einstein used to say, "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Your mind definitely has its limits.

By the way, I do thank you for sharing your blind guesses.

To be a blind guess I would have been searching for God!
I wasn't! God came looking for me!

Back