A Theology Question

We both know that most people will never get it
Exactly true!
I have no problem with that!
I do have a problem with insulting name dropping ,people like Cypress who claims believers filled with the Holy Spirit are in his word "nuts"!
And asshole of all asshole Dr Dutch claims is
Mental illness.

Okay. But I am not making any assumption.

Any assertion that there is a god (let alone a specific god)...is nothing but a blind guess...just as any assertion that there are no gods...is nothing but a blind guess.

So...perhaps you can identify the "assumption" to which you refer.

Good luck with that! You're betting it all you're not assuming

Every point you've made about the origin of ethics on this and other threads did not orginate independently in your mind.

As I said, it feels like you are amazingly well versed in a number of topics, but lack that kind of interaction that comes from robust discussion and debate. It feels like you seldom challenge yourself to see the opposing side, especially after you've read an authority.

Those are valid points there, Cypress. I do not look here for novel ideas...and, in fact, seldom see them in the many columns opinion writers produce for the newspapers.

Good to see how old ideas are put to use by posters here, though.

Anyone who comes up with a truly original and independent idea in philosophy, physics, history gets awarded a PhD. That's what PhDs are for - an award for original contributions to human thought and knowledge.

The best people like you and me can hope for, after spending a lifetime taking classes, reading books, listening to subject matter experts is to synthesize and filter it though our own experience to decide which ideas speak most convincingly to our sensibilities

As I said, it feels like you are amazingly well versed in a number of topics, but lack that kind of interaction that comes from robust discussion and debate. It feels like you seldom challenge yourself to see the opposing side, especially after you've read an authority.
Cypress needs to be cornered and forced to think. Even then he'll sit on the fence.

Back