A Theology Question

Words have standard definitions, I don't see how speaking with God was conflated with being inspired by God.

In the 21st century, one is a symptom of schizophrenia, the other is a reflection of religious devotion

Of course you don't! You have no connection with God or the Holy Spirit ,so you assume that's not possible because it doesn't compute in your flesh brain.

You are actually a very polite man when people aren’t attacking you and I have a sneaky suspicion that God has been working on you.

Instead of looking for answers here or other places you should just open the door to God.

Now you don’t have to open it all the way , just a crack and you don’t have to fall to your knees and pray

But when you’re lying in bed one night just say “God I don’t get it, can you help me understand”

If you are sincere the Holy Spirit will descend on you and start giving you the answers you are seeking.

If God can create the universe He can certainly show you the proof you need

This is free will

Or he could start asking Zeus for help...and if he is sincere enough, Zeus will descend on him and start giving him the answers he is seeking.

Anyone can do that. Ya gotta be sincere...and expect an answer.

It'll come...if you are "sincere enough."

The concept of salvation...is nothing more than rationalization.

They want to be "salvaged" from the wrath of their god. They claim they sin...which is to say they do and say things that offend their god. And since they claim EVERYONE sins...that means their god is offended by way too much.

Their god ought to take a hike; judge beings in a different galaxy; and let us make as much of our lives as we can.

What we really ought to do is to return to the gods of the Greeks, Romans, and Norse. They were better gods...and a hell of a lot less controlling.

Greek Gods were just names of forces.

Among other things yes indeed

His main job was to preach salvation but after that everything else was about morals, values and ethics

Jesus rarely spoke on specific issues, He left that to his disciples rather Jesus spoke on how we should live our lives

Jesus was YHWH incarnated in the flesh!
He came to take the blame for every sin ever committed,and also for the mistake of pride which is the root of Lucifer's attempt to take over God's place the reaction being the big bang and the creation of the physical universe!

It simply means we are all sinners and nobody can enter the kingdom of heaven with sin.

So God came to earth and took on our sin through His death so that we would be able to enter

Salvation is simply acknowledging what He did because anyone who doesn’t will still have the sin

Exactly! Perfect description of what is going on!

Jesus was YHWH incarnated in the flesh!
He came to take the blame for every sin ever committed,and also for the mistake of pride which is the root of Lucifer's attempt to take over God's place the reaction being the big bang and the creation of the physical universe!

We both know that most people will never get it

People who simply "believe" on these kinds of universal issues...are just blindly guessing.

People who are "Holy Spirit filled believers" on the other hand...are just blindly guessing also.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with blindly guessing that there is a god of some kind meting out punishment and rewards for whatever reasons...but to suppose the people who are not blindly guessing the same way as you are...are perforce mentally ill...is bullshit.

Get over that.

I'm not going to rehash your assumption yet again

I'm not going to rehash your assumption yet again

Okay. But I am not making any assumption.

Any assertion that there is a god (let alone a specific god)...is nothing but a blind guess...just as any assertion that there are no gods...is nothing but a blind guess.

So...perhaps you can identify the "assumption" to which you refer.

Poseidon--God of the ocean.
Ares--God of war.

Examples. Ships sailing can crash in a storm. War can destroy your nation.

Not sure of your point, BP.

Are you saying you think a god that will send some people into a place of excruciating torture for all of eternity...is better than a god that might cause a shipwreck...or a war?

Back