A troubling thought for some.

Because it is.

It was before, but the oklahoma city bombing put amo bombs in the spotlight.
Building any explosive device without proper govt permissions is illegal.

'thats the way it is' is not a sufficient answer. Bombs were legal at one time, just as it was legal to buy a new machinegun in 1985. why is it illegal now?

'thats the way it is' is not a sufficient answer. Bombs were legal at one time, just as it was legal to buy a new machinegun in 1985. why is it illegal now?

You can still buy a machine gun legally I think. Where did I say you could not?
I have been referring to bombs.

I think so if you have a federal permit.
But am not sure as I have never bought a machine gun legally.

then learn the laws better. in 1986, upon signing the FOPA, it became illegal to buy a machine gun manufactured after may 19, 1986 unless you were a agent or department of some government entity. A complete and total violation of the 2nd Amendment. would you not agree?

then learn the laws better. in 1986, upon signing the FOPA, it became illegal to buy a machine gun manufactured after may 19, 1986 unless you were a agent or department of some government entity. A complete and total violation of the 2nd Amendment. would you not agree?

No you just buy ones manufactured before 5-19-1986.

I could go back to the flintlock argument.

I want my Bomb!

it does you so little credit to fall back on an old 'insecure' canard when we were progressing so well. I can only assume that this means you have no logical rebuttal?

Logical rebuttal for why purchasing a machine gun built after a certain date is illegal?

I really do not give a rats ass why they are illegal. And have no idea of all the legalese behind why they are illegal. I do not feel that citizens have a vilid need for them anyway.

They are fun to shoot, but many things illegal are fun to someone.

Why are bombs illegal?

Logical rebuttal for why purchasing a machine gun built after a certain date is illegal?

I really do not give a rats ass why they are illegal. And have no idea of all the legalese behind why they are illegal. I do not feel that citizens have a vilid need for them anyway.
then the idea of the whys and wherefores of the constitution are beyond you. If you don't care about the vision of America, what do you care about? Totalitarianism?

then the idea of the whys and wherefores of the constitution are beyond you. If you don't care about the vision of America, what do you care about? Totalitarianism?

The vision of America that the founding fathers had is a long lost ideal.
I suspect they would have done something very different or let the British keep America had they known where we would be now.

I care about lots of things, but DO things about things I can have an effect on.
I vote and contact my elected representatives to let them know how exactly one of their constituients feels on an issue.
I tend to concentrate my efforts on things closer to home that I can have a real impact on. If more people actually got involved in their communities this would be a much better country. Instead many tend to be led by the media pundits and such on issues that are not in the direction of their best interests.

don't worry about gays in San Francisco, instread concentrate on makiing you little corner of the world better.

Totalitarianism? That is most certainly a pundit driven subroutine programmed into your head.

The vision of America that the founding fathers had is a long lost ideal.
I suspect they would have done something very different or let the British keep America had they known where we would be now.
and where would that be?

I care about lots of things, but DO things about things I can have an effect on.
I vote and contact my elected representatives to let them know how exactly one of their constituients feels on an issue.
I tend to concentrate my efforts on things closer to home that I can have a real impact on. If more people actually got involved in their communities this would be a much better country. Instead many tend to be led by the media pundits and such on issues that are not in the direction of their best interests.
all very good, but are there not issues that start in California that could affect you in KY that you wouldn't be concerned about?

Totalitarianism? That is most certainly a pundit driven subroutine programmed into your head.
and it is most certainly appropriate to label alot of people with that name.

and where would that be?

---I do not know, but change is the only constant in the world.---

all very good, but are there not issues that start in California that could affect you in KY that you wouldn't be concerned about?

---No becuase I am not concerned about sexual likes among consenting adults.
I am libertarian about that.---

and it is most certainly appropriate to label alot of people with that name.

---Au contrare. It is asinine. Most are too self centered for that to even apply.
You are just being a well used tool----

---Au contrare. It is asinine. Most are too self centered for that to even apply.
You are just being a well used tool----

thus sayeth USCitizen, so it must be so. :rolleyes:

and why would you have gone straight to sexuality with mention of california?

maybe you'd like to get back to the machine gun question again? or is that still too difficult to deal with?

Back