ABOUT CAPITAL PUNISHMENT!

Yup...I agree.

Case in point. Back in 1997, before the pantywaists in the NY Appellate Court put the kibosh on the death penalty here, we had the first DP case here in Erie County. A scumbag shot and killed BPD Officer Charles "Skip" McDougald while in the commission of a robbery. The jury voted life without parole in that case.

Idea: The next time something like this happens and the criminal is taken alive. Equipment them with a weapon and all the ammo he can carry....fly his/her ass to a combat zone and drop them off in the middle of a an actual combat shit storm....let him play the game until its final conclusion. But...I suppose making an asshole like this actually have to fire at someone that is firing back (unlike the Broward County PD)...would be considered unusual punishment.

The "Death Penalty" should at all times be an option held by those who govern. It should be exercised anytime innocent blood is spilled in a premeditated fashion. There can be no truly civilized society without the death penalty. As no government should bear the sword "IN VAIN" and only threaten to engage the ultimate form of justice. When one is found guilty, not on circumstantial evidence, but on the eyewitness testimony of 3 or more people who witnessed the event charged, or when the defendant pledges guilty......the sentence should be carried out immediately. Only the cases where guilt is concluded based upon circumstantial findings should the accused be allowed the possibility of appeal.

I am of the opinion that the United States penal institutions could save more than enough money to support the sentences of any criminal being retained/imprisoned by the system. How? Its the same ole story thats been around since the beginning of civilization. Its Called indentured servitude......use all this indentured labor instead of simply housing, feeding, and providing healthcare for the length of any sentence. By any other name....SLAVERY is SLAVERY and slavery can and is justified in certain circumstances...i.e., like the penal system. None of those held by the system are there by free will, thus they are indentured to the state for "x" amount of time. Put that labor to work doing good instead of simply burning up tax payer money....the extra cost of security would be offset by the free labor when properly managed. One must consider the fact that the vast majority are there for engaging in crimes that are not MURDER (the spilling of innocent).....if those truly guilty of murder would be placed to death immediately instead of being allowed to take decades to burn through all the superfluous appeals.

and you give a monetary reason to incarcerate people.

you can ask people to work

YOU CAN NOT FORCE THEM

your idea is horrible

The Death Penalty needs to used in cases where there is no doubt.
Whether it be numerous eye witnesses, video, irrefutable evidence, etc.

Set up another Supreme Court that only handles Death Penalty cases and give the defense 6 months to bring forth their reasons.

Now to add this caveat:
If someone is put to death and it's later discovered that the witnesses outright lied, the Prosecutor ignored facts, evidence was planted, etc; then those involved receive a Death Penalty with no appeals.

With this post, I’m probably going to veer away from the political positions of some of the people with whom I have been shoulder to shoulder up until now. My feelings about capital punishment are closer to the American conservative position than to the positions of people more to the left.

I see nothing significantly wrong or unethical about capital punishment…and see it to be significantly more ethical than most of what is considered its alternative.

I certainly think capital punishment is less cruel and unusual than a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole. But let me expand on that thought, because my regard of this area of the issue goes beyond that...to considerations many people find uncomfortable or objectionable.

It my personal opinion that the maximum sentence for ANY crime…should be ten year or less. Anything that requires imprisonment for more than ten years…should be a capital offense.

I think we should perform executions in as humane a way as possible…no matter the circumstances that resulted in a death sentence. If the government has to set up labs to manufacture the drugs necessary for a humane execution by lethal injection…we should do it.

Any thoughts?

What are your thoughts on putting innocent people to death?

I already see your thoughts that a human life is worth about 10 years of housing costs.

What are your thoughts on putting innocent people to death?

I don't think innocent people should be put to death. But innocent people ARE put to death every day on planet Earth.

I already see your thoughts that a human life is worth about 10 years of housing costs.

And I see that you do not know what you are talking about.

No system is perfect. EVERY judge has biases...or at least I hope so, because every intelligent individual has biases.

No matter what...my personal preference would be that no one ever languish in prison for longer than 10 years...which itself seems like too long.

I expect that judges will do the best job they can...as will teachers, mechanics, police officers, military personnel, and all the rest of humanity.

At the cost of a human life? It had better be better than “the best job they can”. It had better be perfect.

I don't think innocent people should be put to death. But innocent people ARE put to death every day on planet Earth.

And I see that you do not know what you are talking about.

You said 10 years or death, didn’t you?

Whether innocent people are put to death elsewhere isn’t the question, is it? We’re talking about OUR judicial system, aren’t we?

Now, do you wish to answer the first question about executing innocent people or not?

You said 10 years or death, didn’t you?

I said my personal opinion was that anything that deserved more than 10 years was too much. I'd prefer a death sentence to that.

Whether innocent people are put to death elsewhere isn’t the question, is it? We’re talking about OUR judicial system, aren’t we?

You asked about innocent people being put to death. If that is not the question...why did you ask.

If you are asking about our judicial system...ask about that.

Now, do you wish to answer the first question about executing innocent people or not?

I already did. What problem do you have with my answer?

and you give a monetary reason to incarcerate people.

you can ask people to work

YOU CAN NOT FORCE THEM

your idea is horrible

Reality: The reason criminals are locked up has nothing to do with MONEY....they are locked up because they were caught in committing crimes against humanity. Owing someone money is a civil crime. Geeze....if you read what was presented and concluded that I said PEOPLE should be locked up because of money.....you are an idiot.

Really? You ask criminals to work? Laugh My Ass Off. :laugh: The state owns their ass....its slavery by any other name. If you can ask them if they want to work for room and board....why can't they be asked if they wish to be locked away? Its no wonder this nation is going down the toilet. What? I suppose you call Work "cruel and unusual punishment"? FYI: its not an idea....its reality, prison is nothing but slavery. Name one inmate that is indentured to the state for crimes against humanity....that volunteered.

A monetary reason to be locked up? The "REASON" they are locked up is because they made a free will decision to become a criminal. The money must be spend on them simply to maintain their lives....to offset that expense, WORK THEIR ASSES OFF. I did not choose for them to be incarcerated....THEY DID, its called piss poor life management. Just like all liberals you even demand the criminals of this nation PLAY THE VICTIM CARD. What's next on your list....your no. 1 plan....RACE BAITING?

Last edited:
I said my personal opinion was that anything that deserved more than 10 years was too much. I'd prefer a death sentence to that.

You asked about innocent people being put to death. If that is not the question...why did you ask.

If you are asking about our judicial system...ask about that.

I already did. What problem do you have with my answer?

Good. That is what YOU prefer for yourself. Was that the question in general?

Was the topic capital punishment in the US? Sure seemed like it when you referred to “the government” and “humane execution”. Are you moving the goalposts to the entire world or is that some sort of diversionary tactic? Regardless, let’s just stick with the US. The discussion of the death penalty of countries from Albania to Zimbabwe will get bogged down.

You said they already do in the rest of the world. Is that some sort of tacit approval to do so?

For the death penalty, what is your acceptable error rate. 10%?. 5%?. Less? More?

Whatever the level gets to for the time being.

Domer...so that we understand each other...I CONSIDER LONG PERIODS OF INCARCERATION TO BE ONE OF THE MOST VILE, SADISTIC, BARBARIC THINGS ANY HUMAN CAN DO TO ANY OTHER HUMAN.

If you take a sadistic, brutal murderer...and put him/her into prison for the rest of his/her life...in my opinion, you are doing an injustice to morality, to reason, to humanity. Putting a person to death, in my opinion, is much, much, much more humane and moral. And if that means some people die "erroneously"...that is unfortunate...VERY UNFORTUNATE...but acceptable.

Obviously you are of a different opinion.

I can live with that.

Okay?

Good. That is what YOU prefer for yourself. Was that the question in general?

Was the topic capital punishment in the US? Sure seemed like it when you referred to “the government” and “humane execution”. Are you moving the goalposts to the entire world or is that some sort of diversionary tactic? Regardless, let’s just stick with the US. The discussion of the death penalty of countries from Albania to Zimbabwe will get bogged down.

You said they already do in the rest of the world. Is that some sort of tacit approval to do so?

I said what?

Whatever the level gets to for the time being.

Domer...so that we understand each other...I CONSIDER LONG PERIODS OF INCARCERATION TO BE ONE OF THE MOST VILE, SADISTIC, BARBARIC THINGS ANY HUMAN CAN DO TO ANY OTHER HUMAN.

If you take a sadistic, brutal murderer...and put him/her into prison for the rest of his/her life...in my opinion, you are doing an injustice to morality, to reason, to humanity. Putting a person to death, in my opinion, is much, much, much more humane and moral. And if that means some people die "erroneously"...that is unfortunate...VERY UNFORTUNATE...but acceptable.

Obviously you are of a different opinion.

I can live with that.

Okay?

Why can’t you answer the direct question?

Nothing is perfect in this world. Including criminal convictions. So, for the death penalty proponents, there has to be an acceptable error level. What is yours? Are you willing to kill 1 innocent to get the other 99 guilty?

Good for you on what you consider. When YOU get sentenced to more than 10 years, ask them to kill you. But this isn’t about you, is it?

That’s where you and I will always disagree. It is NEVER acceptable to put an innocent person to death. A life sentence, one can correct errors. There are no do-overs with the death penalty.

Back