ABOUT CAPITAL PUNISHMENT!

I believe it makes sense......give people as long as possible to change from making bad choices to making good choices........

Okay...and I thank you for sharing that, PP.

We disagree. Fine.

For now...and for the foreseeable future, I appears your take will be the majority opinion in America...and will prevail. It may never change...and we all will live with that.

All I am doing is presenting my opinion that this, once again IN MY OPINION, is barbarism on a scale that far exceeds capital punishment.

life sentences are not given to punish people......they are given to keep them away from potential victims........

Perhaps that is so...perhaps not. There are people who suggest it IS punishment...and who ask that it be as severe a punishment as possible. People have argued (right here in this thread) that time in prison be made as uncomfortable as possible...AS A PUNISHMENT.

Keeping them away from potential victims, it can be argued, is only a secondary thing. After all, they ARE NOT kept away from fellow prisoners...or from the people who work at the prison.

If "keeping them away from potential victims" actually were the aim...executing them would be much more effective.

if you want the REAL CONSERVATIVE position on this one its for no death penalty.

MONEY

it costs less to house someone for life than it is to oft them

because we have a wonderful constitution that allows reasonable appeals

those court costs make it more expensive per prisoner.

so if you want the perp to NOT COST THE PEOPLE MORE COSTS

lock them away for life

also encourage them to be organ donors

no perks for it

no forcing it

just keep offering it to them all the time

imagine how you might feel if you are a victim of the perp and you realize a mother of two has her life saved by an organ like that ?

There is a simple and effective way to lower court costs. Kill all the lawyers. Seriously. Who do you think gets all that money?

With this post, I’m probably going to veer away from the political positions of some of the people with whom I have been shoulder to shoulder up until now. My feelings about capital punishment are closer to the American conservative position than to the positions of people more to the left.

I see nothing significantly wrong or unethical about capital punishment…and see it to be significantly more ethical than most of what is considered its alternative.

I certainly think capital punishment is less cruel and unusual than a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole. But let me expand on that thought, because my regard of this area of the issue goes beyond that...to considerations many people find uncomfortable or objectionable.

It my personal opinion that the maximum sentence for ANY crime…should be ten year or less. Anything that requires imprisonment for more than ten years…should be a capital offense.

I think we should perform executions in as humane a way as possible…no matter the circumstances that resulted in a death sentence. If the government has to set up labs to manufacture the drugs necessary for a humane execution by lethal injection…we should do it.

Any thoughts?[/B]

I agree with the bolded parts.

At the cost of a human life? It had better be better than “the best job they can”. It had better be perfect.

Irony; a leftist who supports abortion at will and the murder of millions of innocent lives feigning concern over the cost of a human life....one who was convicted of murder none-the-less.

You leftists are too stupid to comprehend the obvious.

You regularly misquote people...further proof that you are a low-life.

Hey...nothing wrong with that...providing you have no self-respect. So you should have no problem with it at all.

really?......I knew it showed a lack of respect......but I envisioned a different target......

really?......I knew it showed a lack of respect......but I envisioned a different target......

Ahhh...still "arguing" with me after the big realization.

I figured that.

You have no self-respect, PP.

You also are lousy at zingers...so you should stay away from them. Stick to pretending to quote...while actually lying.

And so stick around. That's part of my plan for you.

With this post, I’m probably going to veer away from the political positions of some of the people with whom I have been shoulder to shoulder up until now. My feelings about capital punishment are closer to the American conservative position than to the positions of people more to the left.

I see nothing significantly wrong or unethical about capital punishment…and see it to be significantly more ethical than most of what is considered its alternative.

I certainly think capital punishment is less cruel and unusual than a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole. But let me expand on that thought, because my regard of this area of the issue goes beyond that...to considerations many people find uncomfortable or objectionable.

It my personal opinion that the maximum sentence for ANY crime…should be ten year or less. Anything that requires imprisonment for more than ten years…should be a capital offense.

I think we should perform executions in as humane a way as possible…no matter the circumstances that resulted in a death sentence. If the government has to set up labs to manufacture the drugs necessary for a humane execution by lethal injection…we should do it.

Any thoughts?

Why should the criminal be treated in a more humane way than the victim(s) for whose murders resulted in the death sentence?

Back