Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

How so? The voters in the AP poll had seen them play more games by the end of the season. Why would their ranking after 8 or 9 games mean more than after 13 games?

But if that is the way you see it, Alabama played 4 teams in the top 5, and beat 3 of them.

They're ranking at the time Alabama played them is the only thing that matters.

Alabama couldn't win the only one that mattered. 2nd place is nothing more than the 1st loser.

They're ranking at the time Alabama played them is the only thing that matters.

Alabama couldn't win the only one that mattered. 2nd place is nothing more than the 1st loser.

Absolute nonsense. There are 130 teams in the FBS. 126 of them would have loved to make the playoffs. 128 of them would have loved to have been in the national championship game. Only 2 teams made it to the championship. Clemson won the game (handily).

I am not ashamed of the season Alabama had. 14-1 is a great season.

And saying that they're ranking at the time they played Alabama is what counts is ridiculous. When Alabama played Oklahoma, LSU and Georgia, they were all ranked #4. The final AP poll has them at #4, #6 and tied for #7, respectively.

Absolute nonsense. There are 130 teams in the FBS. 126 of them would have loved to make the playoffs. 128 of them would have loved to have been in the national championship game. Only 2 teams made it to the championship. Clemson won the game (handily).

I am not ashamed of the season Alabama had. 14-1 is a great season.

And saying that they're ranking at the time they played Alabama is what counts is ridiculous. When Alabama played Oklahoma, LSU and Georgia, they were all ranked #4. The final AP poll has them at #4, #6 and tied for #7, respectively.

You're opinion that rankings at the time don't matter is ridiculous.

Alabama got their asses kicked and now your big hero is transferring because he got his feelings hurt Don Ho took over. He couldn't beat Clemson in the 2017 National Championship game, he was replaced in the 2018 game, and performed miserably when he was put in Monday. Looks like he chokes in the big game.

14- 1 is a great season. 15-0 is even better. As long as it's not Alabama with that distinction, I really don't give a fuck who it is.

You're opinion that rankings at the time don't matter is ridiculous.

Alabama got their asses kicked and now your big hero is transferring because he got his feelings hurt Don Ho took over. He couldn't beat Clemson in the 2017 National Championship game, he was replaced in the 2018 game, and performed miserably when he was put in Monday. Looks like he chokes in the big game.

14- 1 is a great season. 15-0 is even better. As long as it's not Alabama with that distinction, I really don't give a fuck who it is.

The rankings are based on the games they have played. How can a ranking be more accurate having played 8 games than one having played 12 or 13?

The rankings are based on the games they have played. How can a ranking be more accurate having played 8 games than one having played 12 or 13?

If they haven't played that 12th or 13th game, you can't base a ranking on but the ones the they have.

The final rankings include all the games. It has Clemson at #1, Bama at #2. So the rankings I used cover the entire season.

At the point in time when one team plays another, it's only the games to that point not those that will be played in the future. Alabama defeated Texas A/M when they were ranked #22. In the final poll, A/M was ranked #16. Alabama can't say they beat the #16 team because they weren't #16 when they played.

At the point in time when one team plays another, it's only the games to that point not those that will be played in the future. Alabama defeated Texas A/M when they were ranked #22. In the final poll, A/M was ranked #16. Alabama can't say they beat the #16 team because they weren't #16 when they played.

What changed? Is it a different team? The rankings are based, at least partly, on comparisons to other teams.

When Alabama played Texas A&M, it was the 4th game of the season. After the 4th game, Texas A&M was 2-2, having played both Alabama and Clemson. They finished 9-4. When would the sports people who vote in the AP poll have a better idea of the quality of team Texas A&M actually is? Before the 4th game or after they played 13 games.

The final poll is the most accurate. That is what the team will be known for in the records. Alabama was ranked #1 in 14 out of 15 polls. But in the end, we will be recorded as being #2 for the 2018 season.

But, like I said, if you want to insist on using the rankings when we played, that makes Alabama look better. By my way of it, Alabama beat the #4 team, the #6 team and the #7 team. By your way, we beat 3 teams ranked #4. You are arguing to make Bama look better.

Also, did the 14 teams we beat lose to the #1 team? Or did they lose to the team that finished #2?

Sports rumors are that Jalen Hurts might end up at Maryland or Oklahoma. Not sure he is up to Oklahoma, but he would shine at Maryland. I think TCU will probably show some interest.

Sports rumors are that Jalen Hurts might end up at Maryland or Oklahoma. Not sure he is up to Oklahoma, but he would shine at Maryland. I think TCU will probably show some interest.

Wait till Locksley and Gattis find out Maryland doesn't allocate nor spend the money on football that Alabama does

At one of the bowl games Hurts was on the sidelines of Baylor U.

What changed? Is it a different team? The rankings are based, at least partly, on comparisons to other teams.

When Alabama played Texas A&M, it was the 4th game of the season. After the 4th game, Texas A&M was 2-2, having played both Alabama and Clemson. They finished 9-4. When would the sports people who vote in the AP poll have a better idea of the quality of team Texas A&M actually is? Before the 4th game or after they played 13 games.

The final poll is the most accurate. That is what the team will be known for in the records. Alabama was ranked #1 in 14 out of 15 polls. But in the end, we will be recorded as being #2 for the 2018 season.

But, like I said, if you want to insist on using the rankings when we played, that makes Alabama look better. By my way of it, Alabama beat the #4 team, the #6 team and the #7 team. By your way, we beat 3 teams ranked #4. You are arguing to make Bama look better.

Also, did the 14 teams we beat lose to the #1 team? Or did they lose to the team that finished #2?

Did Alabama beat #22 or #16 with A/M?

By what you said before, Alabama beat 3 of the 4 top 5 teams it played. What you're saying now is Alabama didn't play but 2 top 5 teams. Which one is it?

By what you said before, Alabama beat 3 of the 4 top 5 teams it played. What you're saying now is Alabama didn't play but 2 top 5 teams. Which one is it?

Ther is a reason I made the statement the way I did.

"We played 4 teams that finished ranked in the top 10. We beat 3 of them.".

Ther is a reason I made the statement the way I did.

"We played 4 teams that finished ranked in the top 10. We beat 3 of them.".

You lost when it counted and have done so twice to the same team in the last 3 years at that point. Once with crybaby Hurts and once with flash in the pan Tua.

Also, I said we played 4 teams in the top 10 and beat 3 of them.

And you are misquoting me. Again. What I said was "By my way of it, Alabama beat the #4 team, the #6 team and the #7 team. By your way, we beat 3 teams ranked #4. You are arguing to make Bama look better".

I said we played 4 teams in the top 10. Then I said "By your way, we beat 3 teams ranked #4". The "By your way...", as you know refers to whether you look at the end of season ranking or the game day ranking.

Also, I said we played 4 teams in the top 10 and beat 3 of them.

And you are misquoting me. Again. What I said was "By my way of it, Alabama beat the #4 team, the #6 team and the #7 team. By your way, we beat 3 teams ranked #4. You are arguing to make Bama look better".

I said we played 4 teams in the top 10. Then I said "By your way, we beat 3 teams ranked #4". The "By your way...", as you know refers to whether you look at the end of season ranking or the game day ranking.

Perhaps Clemson didn't get the memo that they should have rolled over for you. Instead, they rolled the Tide. In the 3 National Championship games played between the two teams, Alabama is 1 - 2.

You lost when it counted and have done so twice to the same team in the last 3 years at that point. Once with crybaby Hurts and once with flash in the pan Tua.

Yep, Bama lost 2 national championship games to Clemson. And Bama has won 5 national championships in 10 years. Clemson has won 2 championships, auburn won 1, FL State won 1, and Ohio State won 1. Bama won 5. I'll take it.

No one wins them all. But Bama's record is the best over the last 10 years.

Perhaps Clemson didn't get the memo that they should have rolled over for you. Instead, they rolled the Tide. In the 3 National Championship games played between the two teams, Alabama is 1 - 2.

Yes, we are 1-2 against Clemson in the final games of the playoffs.

But Clemson has made the playoffs 4 times. What happened the other time? Oh yeah, we beat them 24-6 in the first round of the 2017 playoffs.

So the playoff record against Clemson is 2-2. The 2 best teams over the last few years.

Yep, Bama lost 2 national championship games to Clemson. And Bama has won 5 national championships in 10 years. Clemson has won 2 championships, auburn won 1, FL State won 1, and Ohio State won 1. Bama won 5. I'll take it.

No one wins them all. But Bama's record is the best over the last 10 years.

When winning 10 years ago has anything to do with winning now, let me know. All that matters is what happened Monday. After next year's game, it won't matter.

Back