Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

Yea it’s one of those bizarre, irrational, circular logic, mind games academics play that know one else outside of academia really gives a shit about. The reasoning being that if your applying for grad school at the undergraduate school you graduated from something must be wrong with you if you couldn’t get accepted by another school.

Ya know I’m proud of the work I did as a grad student but it was 180 degree difference from my undergraduate experience and I came out of it with a low opinion of academics. Doing post grad research didn’t exactly improve that opinion. It’s like being a big brain on a squirrel cage.

It is considered a step up if you got to a school considered higher academically than the one you graduated from with an undergraduate degree. Makes you wonder where the kids graduating from an Ivy League school go for graduate work

Not if you transfer to a school that requires you show up for class or have a legitimate major

Again, you don’t transfer to a graduate program. You graduate with a real major, obtain an acceptable score on the GRE exam and get accepted into a graduate program. I don’t care what your major is that’s not easy. Less the half of qualified applicants are accepted and you’d better score better than 300 on the GRE. You’re not going do that if you majored in poultry appreciation.

It is considered a step up if you got to a school considered higher academically than the one you graduated from with an undergraduate degree. Makes you wonder where the kids graduating from an Ivy League school go for graduate work

Because a graduate education from any accredited program is far more rigerous then any comparable Ivy League undergraduate program.

Ah, you tell me

"Most Popular Academic Majors for 2016 Power 5 Conference Football Players"
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...16-power-5-conference-football-players#slide0

Interesting how the only SEC school who refused to supply information was Alabama, "privacy laws" Funny question here is why all the other Conferences football players majors are normative field of study, where as in the SEC it is "Sport management and General/interdisciplinary/university studies"

And then when embarrassed into it, guess what shows up as the most popular majors at Alabama: "Business, Exercise and Sport Science," love to know what the hell is "exercise and sport science"
https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article32588019.html
https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-fo...nd-produces-football-players-majors/58480543/

Since the topic of this thread is Jalen Hurts transferring to another school, let me help you with actual answers. He graduated in 3 years with a degree in communication and information sciences. He was also recognized in his freshman and sophomore years for his academic achievements. Now he is going on to grad school.

LMAO!!! Too funny.

What happened to "When winning 10 years ago has anything to do with winning now, let me know"?

Georgia Southern has only played Clemson once, and Clemson beat them 38-7.
Marshall beat Clemson in 1999 (so much for the 10 years ago thing, huh?

I can't find any record of N. Dakota State beating Clemson.

As for "what Alabama couldn't do", that is an outright lie. Alabama beat Clemson in 2017, 2015, 2008, 1975, 1969, 1968, and 1967. So in the last 51 years Alabama is 7-2 against Clemson.

Why hasn't Alabama won 15 games in a season?

What's funny is that you thought the mention of Georgia Southern, Marshall, and N. Dakota State was in reference to having played Clemson. Care to try again?

Apparently you think winning 40 - 50 years ago against a team that went 6-4, 4-5-1, 4 - 6, and 2 - 9 means something today. In 2 of the last three championship games played between the two, game in which many of the same players this year also played, Clemson is 2 - 1 against Alabama. Seems Saban's suckers can't win the big one but 33% of the time against Dabo and his players.

He finished his degree and opted to put his name out there. That is a far cry from getting his panties in a wad.

It payed off when he went in the SEC Championship and won the game. Other teams out there saw that and plenty of schools will be contacting him.

You fail to look at WHY. Just like Kelly Bryant, when replaced, he runs like a puss.

Why hasn't Alabama won 15 games in a season?

What's funny is that you thought the mention of Georgia Southern, Marshall, and N. Dakota State was in reference to having played Clemson. Care to try again?

Apparently you think winning 40 - 50 years ago against a team that went 6-4, 4-5-1, 4 - 6, and 2 - 9 means something today. In 2 of the last three championship games played between the two, game in which many of the same players this year also played, Clemson is 2 - 1 against Alabama. Seems Saban's suckers can't win the big one but 33% of the time against Dabo and his players.

So Georgia Southern, Marshall and N. Dakota State won 15 games in a season? When?

Cherry picking doesn't help your point. In 4 years Saban is 2-2 against Dabo & Clemson. Many of the same Clemson players were playing when we beat them in 2015 & 2017.

You fail to look at WHY. Just like Kelly Bryant, when replaced, he runs like a puss.

Runs like a puss? Kelly Bryant transferred as soon as he was not the starter. Hurts stayed and played. He graduated and is now transferring for grad school.

So Georgia Southern, Marshall and N. Dakota State won 15 games in a season? When?

Cherry picking doesn't help your point. In 4 years Saban is 2-2 against Dabo & Clemson. Many of the same Clemson players were playing when we beat them in 2015 & 2017.

Georgia Southern - 1989, Marshall - 1996, and ND St. - 2013 and this year. NDSt. has won 7 of the last 8 FCS championships. 2011, 2012, and 2017 produced 14-1 records and 2014 was 15-1.

Maybe Alabama could schedule them as a non-conference game instead of powerhouses like Arkansas St., LA - Lafayette, or The Citadel.

Runs like a puss? Kelly Bryant transferred as soon as he was not the starter. Hurts stayed and played. He graduated and is now transferring for grad school.

Both transferred for the same reason. They were replaced. Anything else is nothing more than an excuse use as cover. You die hard Alabama fans simply can't admit anything despite it being obvious.

Georgia Southern - 1989, Marshall - 1996, and ND St. - 2013 and this year. NDSt. has won 7 of the last 8 FCS championships. 2011, 2012, and 2017 produced 14-1 records and 2014 was 15-1.

Maybe Alabama could schedule them as a non-conference game instead of powerhouses like Arkansas St., LA - Lafayette, or The Citadel.

So is Clemson the only team to win 15 games since 1897 or has it been done a lot more often? Which is it?

Both transferred for the same reason. They were replaced. Anything else is nothing more than an excuse use as cover. You die hard Alabama fans simply can't admit anything despite it being obvious.

Neither of us actually know the fundamental reason he transferred.

Hurts stayed for the entire 2018 and Bryant quit mid-season.

Neither of us actually know the fundamental reason he transferred.

Hurts stayed for the entire 2018 and Bryant quit mid-season.

Sure we do. I've stated it and you've run from it.

A quitter is a quitter regardless of when. Had Hurts not been replaced he wouldn't have quit.

Alabama hasn't done it. Why not? '

I'm still waiting for you to decide which is the actual fact. Is Clemson the first team to win 15 games since 1897? Or has it been done several times more recently?

Which claim of yours is true and which is a lie?

Sure we do. I've stated it and you've run from it.

A quitter is a quitter regardless of when. Had Hurts not been replaced he wouldn't have quit.

I don't know what he would have done, and neither do you. But he would have likely stayed. He is a ball player. He wants to play.

Regardless of when? One player bailed immediately, and one stayed for an entire season to help the team. I can see a huge difference. Most people can. Which is why Hurts got all the accolades for staying. Now there are 2 top level freshman QBs coming in. The team doesn't need him as much and he wants to go to grad school.

I'm still waiting for you to decide which is the actual fact. Is Clemson the first team to win 15 games since 1897? Or has it been done several times more recently?

Which claim of yours is true and which is a lie?

Oh, you don't know the difference between those other three and Clemson? You aren't very smart are you.

I'm still waiting on you to show when the great Alabama has done it. Can you?

I don't know what he would have done, and neither do you. But he would have likely stayed. He is a ball player. He wants to play.

Regardless of when? One player bailed immediately, and one stayed for an entire season to help the team. I can see a huge difference. Most people can. Which is why Hurts got all the accolades for staying. Now there are 2 top level freshman QBs coming in. The team doesn't need him as much and he wants to go to grad school.

If he should have likely stayed had he not been replaced, the only reason he's leaving is because someone else took his spot.

Both quit for the same reason. The only difference is you support one of the team where a quitter resides.

Alabama doesn't have a grad school? The real reason is he knows he won't play at Alabama, therefore, he quit Alabama.

Oh, you don't know the difference between those other three and Clemson? You aren't very smart are you.

I'm still waiting on you to show when the great Alabama has done it. Can you?

Oh I know the difference. Which is why it is stupid to have used them as the example.

In FBS football, there have not been 15 games in a season until 2014 with a few rare exceptions in the late 1800s. Since the 1900s no team played 15 games in a single season until the introduction of the College Football Playoffs. And since then, only Clemson has gone undefeated for an entire season. And they have done it once. Ohio State had a loss when they won in 2014. Alabama had a loss when they won it in 2015 and 2017. And Clemson had a loss when they won it in 2016 (and lost the game in round 1 last year).

If he should have likely stayed had he not been replaced, the only reason he's leaving is because someone else took his spot.

Both quit for the same reason. The only difference is you support one of the team where a quitter resides.

Alabama doesn't have a grad school? The real reason is he knows he won't play at Alabama, therefore, he quit Alabama.

Yeah yeah yeah....you are pushing a thin point.

Funny thing that so many sports writers and experts applaud Hurts for staying for the 2018 season. The few that thought he shouldn't have were the ones saying leave at the beginning of the season.

You are looking for whatever excuse you can to bash Alabama. Sad, really. Not a fan of any school or team. Just a hater. Pitiful.

Back