Aleinu Prayer = Elitism: More Jew stuff

Adam contradicted himself. he first said all this was 'in god hands' but in truth, jews are asked via the noahide laws to setup theocracy, explicitly to force their things on others.

To adam's lie about jewish teachings not asking anything of others

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/The_Seven_Noahide_Laws.html

The Seven Noahide Laws

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Jews are commanded to observe hundreds of laws, non-Jews are expected to follow seven that are presumed to date from the time of Noah. Judaism regards any non-Jew who keeps these laws as a righteous person who is guaranteed a place in the world to come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Not to deny God.
2. Not to blaspheme God.

3. Not to murder.

4. Not to engage in incestuous, adulterous, bestial or homosexual relationships.

5. Not to steal.

6. Not to eat a limb torn from a living animal.

7. To set up courts to ensure obedience to the other six laws.

I notice that #7 doesn't mention courts outside of Jewish jurisdiction. And as it is, Israeli Courts don't even uphold all of these laws...

The prayer asks that idolatry MAY be wiped out from the earth, just as they pray that other nations may accept their deity. Seems they're leaving this in the hands of the Big G, which is what prayers usually are about.

And clearly, the Jews (as well as Christians and Muslims) are commanded not to worship idols.

Asking your deity that he might do something is pretty different from saying "We will wipe this from the earth."

While I have obviously heard of the Taliban destroying ancient Hindu works in Afghanistan for being idols, I don't think I've heard much of Jews going out to destroy idols since Abraham and Moses were up to things of that sort.

But then, I don't know many people anymore who worship literal idols. Monotheism pretty much won out, there.
Those were Buddhist statues, not Hindu. They were quite literally statues of the Buddha set to commemorate that place as a stop on his travels. It's hard to call the statues of the Buddha idols as Buddha was not a god.

I notice that #7 doesn't mention courts outside of Jewish jurisdiction. And as it is, Israeli Courts don't even uphold all of these laws...
The vast majority of Jews aren't followers of this odd group. However, the same could be said of the Wahhabists back in Winston Churchill's day. He even wrote about them.

But douchey. THE Noahide laws are for NON JEWS or noahides. So 7 does apply to all humans, just like the other six.

The vast majority of Jews aren't followers of this odd group. However, the same could be said of the Wahhabists back in Winston Churchill's day. He even wrote about them.

The naohide laws are from the talmud. That is a holy book of judaism more sacred than the torah. All rabbis are aware of it's contents, but perhaps don't generally talk about it a lot. ONE group that does openly discuss these issues is the Chabad Lubavitch organization, and they have outreach programs on nearly every major university campus in the U.S.

And additionally, in islam, it's more than just the wahhabists that believe in spreading islam by the sword. Mohammed himself believed in spreading islam by the sword.

Rational people should reject both of these primitive desert faiths. And christianity too, for sound measure.

Additionally, there are many organized Noahide groups all around the world, who have rabbis involved with them so they can be properly instructed in the ways of subservience.

Those were Buddhist statues, not Hindu. They were quite literally statues of the Buddha set to commemorate that place as a stop on his travels. It's hard to call the statues of the Buddha idols as Buddha was not a god.

Good catch, thanks. By the by, I certainly don't approve of what they did. Even without any religious significance to me, or even if a fundamentalist interpretation would have them as idols, it is a travesty to destroy that kind of history and art.

Good catch, thanks. By the by, I certainly don't approve of what they did. Even without any religious significance to me, or even if a fundamentalist interpretation would have them as idols, it is a travesty to destroy that kind of history and art.
I was more effected than I thought I would be.

Nevertheless, Judaism's Noahide Laws forbid idolatry.

And I seriously doubt anyone bent on persecuting idolatry would be dissuaded by the "but buddha is not a god" argument. It's rather nuanced.

FYI - Noah was a Jew. Hence, anyone who is a Noahide must be Jewish, seeing as how the first Jew to ultimately draw non-Jewish followers was Jesus.

Noah was not a jew. You're mistaken.

Noahides are specifically NON jews. Now you're just being a moron.

Noah preceded Jesus by waaay to long for that to be the case. Additional covenants had long since been established.

You're biblically ignorant. There were no jews until god's covenant with abraham and his descendants through jacob (israel). Noah was before that. Please get educated.

Back