All religions are anti-science

All religions are anti-science, so why do leftists only single out Christianity?

• Total voters
So how do subsets of Christianity become not Christian?

That's a different subject. Generally a heresy was declared by another, more powerful denomination, and the weaker was forced to recant, flee, or endure persecution, including capital punishment.

Christian denominations make up Christianity. So what? How are they not Christianity?

Because they have chosen to identify themselves as a denomination, because they disagreed on a point of theology with the other denominations. That's why there has never really been a unified Christian church, but the Christian religion itself is codified in the Bible, although that is contentious as well, owing to differing translations, interpretations, and inclusions/deletions.

Do you really not know all of this?

So you admit that the Bible contains many anti-scientific passages that cannot be taken seriously?
no. The language of the Bible is poetry it is metaphorical it is storytelling.

That isn't in opposition of science it's just not science not everything is.

no that's theology. Religion is an organization that adhere to a set of doctrine. So I disagree with your opinion.

A denomination of Christianity is still Christianity.

Religion is not an organization. It's a set of shared beliefs.

Here's what all Christians profess to believe:

Christianity is an Abrahamic monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. Its adherents, known as Christians, believe that Jesus is the Christ, whose coming as the Messiah was prophesied in the Hebrew Bible, called the Old Testament in Christianity, and chronicled in the New Testament.

While Christians worldwide share basic convictions, there are also differences of interpretations and opinions of the Bible and sacred traditions on which Christianity is based.

Concise doctrinal statements or confessions of religious beliefs are known as creeds. They began as baptismal formulae and were later expanded during the Christological controversies of the 4th and 5th centuries to become statements of faith.

The Apostles' Creed is the most widely accepted statement of the articles of Christian faith. It is used by a number of Christian denominations for both liturgical and catechetical purposes, most visibly by liturgical churches of Western Christian tradition, including the Latin Church of the Catholic Church, Lutheranism, Anglicanism, and Western Rite Orthodoxy. It is also used by Presbyterians, Methodists, and Congregationalists. This particular creed was developed between the 2nd and 9th centuries. Its central doctrines are those of the Trinity and God the Creator. Each of the doctrines found in this creed can be traced to statements current in the apostolic period. The creed was apparently used as a summary of Christian doctrine for baptismal candidates in the churches of Rome.[28] Its points include:

• Belief in God the Father, Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit
  • The death, descent into hell, resurrection and ascension of Christ
  • The holiness of the Church and the communion of saints
  • Christ's second coming, the Day of Judgement and salvation of the faithful

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity#Beliefs

Because they have chosen to identify themselves as a denomination, because they disagreed on a point of theology with the other denominations.
so which denomination of Christianity is Christianity what did they disagree with who created the theology that was original to Christianity?
That's why there has never really been a unified Christian church, but the Christian religion itself is codified in the Bible, although that is contentious as well, owing to differing translations, interpretations, and inclusions/deletions.
which Bible there are hundreds of different versions which one was the original one and show evidence please.
Do you really not know all of this?
what religious zealots that think there's only one kind of Christianity and everyone else is just wrong no that's actually extremely common I just don't think you have any more authority than any other religious zealot

I wasn't saying they dark Christianity all by themselves I said they are all Christianity.

That's incorrect etymology. They are all Christians, but they are not all Christianity.

Fords, Chevrolets, and Dodges are all cars. They aren't every car.

Well you're talking to me.
If they believe Jesus Matthew 13: 10-17

Matthew 13:10-17
New International Version

10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’[a]

16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.

Are you seriously telling me the whole Bible is a parable?

Matthew 13:10-17
New International Version

10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’[a]

16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.

Are you seriously telling me the whole Bible is a parable?

Yep. The irony here is delicious.

Back