All religions are anti-science

All religions are anti-science, so why do leftists only single out Christianity?

• Total voters
I'm confused that Catholicism and todayism lutherans are religions what are they if they're not religion?

I'm sorry I'm trying to understand what the hell you're talking about.

I point out that religions operate hospitals and these hospitals practice medicine which is a science so the statement that religions are anti-science is false unless you're going to tell me that Catholicism is not a religion that Catholic hospitals aren't Catholic

Definition of religion:

1a : the state of a religious // a nun in her 20th year of religion
b(1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural
(2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion

Definition of religion:

1a : the state of a religious // a nun in her 20th year of religion
b(1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural
(2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion

Right Catholicism is all of those things and they still oper ate 5500 hospitals around the world that practice medicine and medicine is a science.

No it doesn't. Catholicism is a religion, Catholicism also operates 5,500 hospitals around the world that practice medicine and medicine is a science.

Catholicism doesn't run hospitals. Catholicism is a subset of Christianity called a denomination. It's an abstract. It doesn't run hospitals, and the beliefs that define Catholicism are anti-science.

Right Catholicism is all of those things and they still oper ate 5500 hospitals around the world that practice medicine and medicine is a science.

Catholic organizations run hospitals and schools. Christianity and its subsets (denominations) doesn't run schools or hospitals. Christianity and Catholicism are belief systems, not physical organizations.

Catholic organizations run hospitals and schools.
that doesn't make any sense. why would something that's anti-science create organizations like this?
Christianity and its subsets (denominations) doesn't run schools or hospitals. Christianity and Catholicism are belief systems, not physical organizations.
Just about every religion is an organization.

Catholicism is a religion.

Properly defined, Christianity is a religion. Catholicism, Presbyterianism, Episcopalianism, Methodism and the rest are denominations.

All of them are belief systems, and all of them are anti-science.

Organizations affiliated with those denominations run all sorts of enterprises. Some of those enterprises teach science or use science, which is incompatible with their belief system. It's what people call an inconsistency or a paradox.

that doesn't make any sense. why would something that's anti-science create organizations like this?

That's a good question. I cannot speak for the apparent contradiction.

Just about every religion is an organization.

Just about every religion has affiliated organization that adhere to one degree or another with the beliefs of the religion, but none of those organizations are in complete accord with their religions' tenets if they employ or use science.

Properly defined, Christianity is a religion. Catholicism, Presbyterianism, Episcopalianism, Methodism and the rest are denominations.

All of them are belief systems, and all of them are anti-science.
that's false they operate hospitals and schools that use and teach science.
Organizations affiliated with those denominations run all sorts of enterprises. Some of those enterprises teach science or use science, which is incompatible with their belief system. It's what people call an inconsistency or a paradox.
This doesn't make any sense why would a religion that's anti science have organizations like this.

Let me see if I can help you visualize the difference between a religion and a religious organization. Are you familiar with the Catholic denomination?

That's a good question. I cannot speak for the apparent contradiction.
I can it's not that hard your claim that all religions are anti-science is false.

They clearly support science.

Just about every religion has affiliated organization that adhere to one degree or another with the beliefs of the religion, but none of those organizations are in complete accord with their religions' tenets if they employ or use science.
Can you support this claim?

No definition in the world this is Catholic organizations aren't part of Catholicism. That's some extreme mental gymnastics.

An organization (which is a physical entity) is not the same as a religion (which is a set of beliefs). A religion is an abstract concept which adherents profess to believe.

Let me see if I can help you visualize the difference between a religion and a religious organization.
I don't think that's possible what you're saying seems paradoxical. A religion is often an organization case and point Catholicism
Are you familiar with the Catholic denomination?
I don't follow bread crumbs just make your point.

An organization (which is a physical entity) is not the same as a religion (which is a set of beliefs). A religion is an abstract concept which adherents profess to believe.
In the case of organized religion such as Catholicism methodists Presbyterians Judaism they are the same.

I can it's not that hard your claim that all religions are anti-science is false.

Many of the organizations affiliated with religions do utilize science-based methods in the physical world that are at odds with their religion's beliefs.

Can you support this claim?

I can. Christianity teaches that the dead shall rise, and its' beliefs include an account of dead humans being reanimated. (Matthew 27:53).

That is impossible, according to science. No evidence of such an event has ever been factually verified, nor has it been repeated in controlled circumstances.

Therefore, one of the core beliefs of Christianity is anti-scientific.

Yet many Christian denominations allow affiliated organizations to treat the sick and injured using scientific methods. They also teach medical students scientific methods. If such an organization taught that it was possible to heal the sick or raise the dead by prayer or laying on of hands rather than with scientific methods, they would be shut down by the authorities.

Back