AMA Joins APA as Queer Lobbyists

DamnYankee

Loyal to the end
The American Medical Association on Tuesday voted to oppose the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy, and declared that gay marriage bans contribute to health disparities.

The nation's largest doctors' group stopped short of saying it would seek to overturn gay marriage bans, but its new stance angered conservative activists and provided a fresh boost to lobbying efforts by gay rights advocates.

"It's highly significant that the AMA, as one of this country's leading professional associations, has taken a position on both of these issues," said Rea Carey, executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, a Washington-based advocacy group.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/ama_military_gays/2009/11/11/284824.html?s=al&promo_code=90BC-1

Thanks for admitting that this is not an issue of science or medicine, but politics.

So their knowledge should not be used anywhere but science and medicine?

Maybe you should make a list of who can and who cannot work for equality for all.

One guy's insistence to flaunt it in the face of people shouting pejoratives at him (read the first paragraph of your link) notwithstanding. I changed your title because this is APP and the word is a pejorative.
You have to read more than the first paragraph of articles to be kept informed.

...the organization’s name was changed to the Queer Students and Allies because a majority of poll respondents approved.

Or be a board Nazi. :)

You have to read more than the first paragraph of articles to be kept informed.

Or be a board Nazi. :)

Does it change the meaning of your title? I thought you said once before that you used "queer" out of convenience.

"Queer" includes gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans-whatever...

"Queer" is like the word "nigger", in that it has been adopted by some groups in order to own it, but is still used in a demeaning way by many others.

I bet you didn't think this was going to become a discussion of the definition of a pejorative when you posted it...

:lol:

Back