America No.1? In what? A look in the mirror

Top reminds me of this canadian guy i met at Casa Loma near Toronto. He asked where we were from, and we said Ohio. He began talking about how great the United States was, and he was wearing this stupid ass bee outfit. I mean, if I had to run around in yellow pantyhose and a bee costume, I would want the hell out of whatever country im in too.

"The United States is 49th in the world in literacy (the New York Times, Dec. 12, 2004).

. The United States ranked 28th out of 40 countries in mathematical literacy (NYT, Dec. 12, 2004).

. Twenty percent of Americans think the sun orbits the earth. Seventeen percent believe the earth revolves around the sun once a day (The Week, Jan. 7, 2005).

. "The International Adult Literacy Survey...found that Americans with less than nine years of education 'score worse than virtually all of the other countries'"

. Our workers are so ignorant and lack so many basic skills that American businesses spend $30 billion a year on remedial training (NYT, Dec. 12, 2004). No wonder they relocate elsewhere! "

Public Education at its finest.

The one about "those with less than 9 years education" cracks me up. Nothing like looking at junior high dropouts....

And our students who dropped before 9th grade do signifigantly worse than people in other countries who dropped out before the 9th.

Everything is a-OK, just get rid of the 1-8 education levels to lower taxes. That'll boost the economy and we'll be out of this recession right away.

And our students who dropped before 9th grade do signifigantly worse than people in other countries who dropped out before the 9th.

Everything is a-OK, just get rid of the 1-8 education levels to lower taxes. That'll boost the economy and we'll be out of this recession right away.

Sorry Water... this thread has been officially hijacked. No going back to the original topic. your fault.

Top reminds me of this canadian guy i met at Casa Loma near Toronto. He asked where we were from, and we said Ohio. He began talking about how great the United States was, and he was wearing this stupid ass bee outfit. I mean, if I had to run around in yellow pantyhose and a bee costume, I would want the hell out of whatever country im in too.
Bee outfit? You talk to strangers wearing bee outfits?

I really like Brittish Columbia. The people as a whole seem happier than here in Florida and I see no evidence of poverty. Some of the Native people do not live as well as the white people, but they still live better than our poor.

Because you can not intelligently talk the market if like Watergerber and USGED you have no money in it.
There's your little text book liberal anti corp teachings and then there's the real world.
If you tell me you have $300,000 invested I listen to you a lot harder than if you say you have $25,000.

By the time I am your age, I will own several Topspins. I am much more intelligent than you, Topper, and you know this as well as I do.

I have little capitol, and you probably had no capitol at my age. But comparing yourself to a 19 year old and calling it an impressive acheivment is annoying. You've had a headstart but everyone knows I'm going to come out ahead.

BTW, playing the stock market tells you nothing about how the economics. Wrap your head around that. I'm pretty sure you don't understand the concept, because you don't understand anything other than stick some money in a stock and you'll have more at the end of the day.

Compared to the average American, though, that is impressive.

And you teach your kid that it is okay to speak to strangers wearing bee outfits?!!11!!Shiftandoneandshiftandone...

Of course, I don't want to shelter her too much so she is a social retard! Let her get out there and meet the crazy people, its harmless as long as we are there with her to keep the crazy bee guy from touching her.

Of course, I don't want to shelter her too much so she is a social retard! Let her get out there and meet the crazy people, its harmless as long as we are there with her to keep the crazy bee guy from touching her.
Every year we take our kids to a strange guy in a red suit with, usually, a fake beard so they can beg him for toys.

Back