America the shoot-iful

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
backup_6536.jpg

When a 61-year-old woman from Sylvan Springs, Ala., noticed a car following her as she neared home, she called her husband on her cell phone. When she arrived at the house, she found herself confronted in the driveway by an armed robber. The robber's demand for her purse was answered by a shot from her husband, who sent the thief fleeing.

Do the board rules and copyright law require a link to the orginal article, Stupor Moderator?

Michael Spearman heard an unusual noise in his house one morning and went to investigate. Spearman discovered two men rummaging through his gun cabinet. The homeowner had armed himself with a .357 Mag. revolver and, when he confronted the intruders, shot at one would-be burglar, who fled. Spearman then held the other man at gunpoint until sheriff's deputies arrived. "I didn't know what to think when I saw two men in my house," Spearman recalled. "One kept advancing at me; I had to do something." Sheriff Herbie Johnson praised Spearman's quick thinking. "Every person has the right to defend themselves and their homes," Johnson said. "This man had the presence of mind to handle the situation. He captured one suspect and was able to give us a good description of the other." Johnson said Spearman's actions might help them solve several burglary investigations.

Stella Ruth Stewart, 86, was in a bedroom of her west Huntsville, Ala., home when she heard a strange noise in the kitchen. Stewart armed herself with a pistol and headed toward the noise. She saw one man standing in her kitchen and noticed that a second man was about to enter. Stewart yelled at the intruders and fired a shot in their direction. The two interlopers made a hasty exit. Police searched the area with a K-9 team, but the suspects were not found.

Marine Corps Sgt. James Lowery was on leave in his hometown of Gardendale, Ala., at the end of an eventful year. Lowery had started the year by marrying his sweetheart, April Leigh Fitzgerald, and soon after he spent two months in Afghanistan. Now he was home enjoying the holidays with family and had stopped at the drive-in window of the local McDonalds for a quick bite. That's when a man with a .38-cal. handgun ordered him out of his customized Chevy Suburban. Lowery complied and got out of his SUV, but the man then shot the Marine in the face. Lowery reached back into his vehicle, drew a .45-cal. pistol and shot his assailant several times. The robber, Thaddeus Antone, was pronounced dead at the scene. Lowery was listed in fair condition at a local hospital.

Are you the author of these charming vignettes you've posted, Stupor Moderator?

A newspaper carrier saved the day, and a man's life, when he shot a man holding a gun to the head of a Birmingham, Ala., convenience store clerk during a robbery. Sam Harper was outside a Chevron convenience store filling newspaper racks when he saw a man put on a wig and burst into the store, screaming at clerk Tom Burnett and pointing a shotgun at Burnett's head. Harper acted immediately by drawing his own gun, entering the store and firing three times at the gunman. The wounded robber dropped his shotgun but ran toward Harper, who shot him twice more. "I just reacted," Harper said. "It was total chaos, and it was pretty terrifying." Burnett credits Harper with saving his life. "I was looking down the barrel of a shotgun, and a shotgun don't miss," he said.

A homeowner in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta, Ga. was awakened by the sound of an intruder forcing his way in through a side door. After an initial investigation revealed the intruder to be downstairs, the homeowner retrieved a shotgun and went to the top of his stairs. As the criminal attempted to ascend the staircase, the homeowner warned him that he was armed and ordered him to leave. When the home invader refused to leave, the homeowner fired a warning shot into the floor. Still undeterred, the criminal moved toward the homeowner, who responded by opening fire on the intruder, striking him in the leg.

When police arrived the criminal was taken to a local hospital and listed as in stable condition. (The Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta, Ga. October 27, 2011)

What the hell is he doing, firing a warning shot into the floor?
It leaves him with one less shell and now he's got to fix the floor.

When two masked men -- one of them armed with a pistol -- entered a Birmingham, Ala., convenience store and demanded money, the 29-year-old clerk grabbed his own pistol. Police said that when the armed robber pointed his gun at the clerk, the clerk shot the masked gunman, killing him. The clerk then held the second suspect for police. The second man was charged with first-degree robbery.

Depending on how Alabama laws are written, the surviving robber could be charged with murder.

Another post in this thread dedicated with love to chronicling the accomplishments of America's armed citizenry.

tumblr_ld3h7rA7JX1qaab48o1_400.jpg

A murder investigation was launched Sunday after a cab driver was found with a gunshot wound inside rolled-over vehicle on a street in Lemon Grove, according to the San Diego Sheriffs department.

Deputies said they received a report of a taxi cab involved in a roll-over vehicle collision at 3445 Main Street at around 3:48 a.m., said Lt. Larry Nesbit in a media release.

A deputy near the scene spotted the vehicle and called for paramedics.

When paramedics arrived and began rendering medical aid to the male cab driver, they discovered a bullet wound to his upper body, Nesbit said.

Despite life-saving efforts, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.

Source: Cab Driver Dies After Being Found With Gunshot Wound | NBC San Diego

A North Mobile County, Ala., man exchanged gunfire with a suspected burglar when he and his wife surprised two men leaving their daughter's home, authorities said. Bill Stuckey, who owns a local meat packing business, received a call at work from his daughter's neighbor saying that there were two suspicious-looking men hanging around the house. Stuckey and his wife drove over to investigate and saw two men leaving their daughter's home as they pulled into the back driveway. One pointed a gun at Stuckey, who said it was like "looking the devil in the eye." The man fired over his head and Stuckey returned fire with his .357 Mag. revolver, causing the suspects to flee.

Kathy Hughes and Ellen Nix froze in their tracks after coming face-to-face with a 350-lb. male African lion that escaped from their neighbor's wild animal business in Hope Hull, Ala. The women's terror quickly turned to rage, however, when they noticed that the animal was chewing to death their favorite miniature horse. After yelling at the lion, Nix approached it and fired twice from her .32-cal. revolver. The beast dropped the then lifeless horse, but refused to yield. That's when the unusual incident turned bizarre. The women proceeded to chase the lion first on foot and then aboard a tractor until they pinned it and fired more than a dozen additional rounds to finally dispatch the big cat. Reports later indicated that the lion had escaped with a female and had mauled other horses. The animals' keepers whose business is called 'Crazy Critters' later destroyed the female.

Days after several men pistol whipped Curtis Williams in the back yard of his Bessemer, Ala., home and threatened his 82-year-old mother in a dispute about a stolen television set, one of the men came back for more. Williams, who walks with a cane, told police that as the man approached they exchanged words. "I warned him not to come forward," said Williams. But as he continued to advance, the man reached into a bag. That's when Williams fired a fatal shot from his .22 rifle. "I wasn't going to let them kill me and my mother." William's assailant had a criminal history that included convictions for robbery and assault.

Back