America the shoot-iful

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
Many years ago, while my kids were still high school age and younger, there were a series of burglaries in our neighborhood.
One night my wife and I were talking and she asked what would I do if someone broke in and took one of the kids hostage.

I told her that I would grab one of my handguns and confront the sob.

She said but if the guy had a knife, was holding one of the kids as a shield, and was threatening to hurt one of the girls, what would I do then.
I told her my response would be this: "Hurt my child and I'll shoot you. Kill my child and I"ll empty the entire clip into you; but the last two sounds you hear will be the siren from the Police car and my last shot hitting you in the head".

Anyone who breaks into my house at night, or when I'm home; I'm going to consider to have the worst intentions that anyone can think of and I'm going to end that problem.

Another post in this thread dedicated with love to chronicling the accomplishments of America's armed citizenry.

tumblr_ld3h7rA7JX1qaab48o1_400.jpg

One man died and another was injured in an overnight shooting at a bar on U.S. 60 near Huntington.
The incident occurred about 3:30 a.m. Sunday in the parking lot of Last Chance Bar and Grille, which is located across from Wal-Mart in the 3300 block of U.S. 60.

West Virginia State Police Senior Trooper S.N. Swope said he was in the dispatcher’s office at the State Police’s Huntington detachment when he heard several gunshots ring from the parking lot. The detachment is located across U.S. 60 and a few hundred feet from the bar.

“When I got in my car and headed over there, they were still shooting,” Swope said.

Upon arrival, police found a male on the ground in the parking lot and several people fleeing the bar in vehicles or on foot, Swope said.

The man on the ground had suffered a gunshot wound to the chest.

A Cabell County EMS crew took the man to St. Mary’s Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, Swope said.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/mobile/x2038894247/1-man-dead-another-injured-in-overnight-shooting

Many years ago, while my kids were still high school age and younger, there were a series of burglaries in our neighborhood.
One night my wife and I were talking and she asked what would I do if someone broke in and took one of the kids hostage.

I told her that I would grab one of my handguns and confront the sob.

She said but if the guy had a knife, was holding one of the kids as a shield, and was threatening to hurt one of the girls, what would I do then.
I told her my response would be this: "Hurt my child and I'll shoot you. Kill my child and I"ll empty the entire clip into you; but the last two sounds you hear will be the siren from the Police car and my last shot hitting you in the head".

Anyone who breaks into my house at night, or when I'm home; I'm going to consider to have the worst intentions that anyone can think of and I'm going to end that problem.

I agree with you. Anyone breaking into my house (whether I am home or my wife and children are there alone) will be shot.

Another post in this thread dedicated with love to chronicling the accomplishments of America's armed citizenry.

A woman in Walker County is shot, and investigators are looking for answers.

Sheriff Steve Wilson says a woman showed up at her sister's house Saturday night with a gunshot wound to the leg.

It was the victim's quick-thinking sister who saved her life.

Nicki Graham was sitting at home in Chickamauga when her son came running in.

"He came in and said 'Mama, your sister's been shot,'" Graham said.

Graham rushed outside to find her sister, 33-year-old Aundrea Couch with a gunshot wound to the leg.

Graham says Couch was in a car she didn't recognize.

Investigators don't know where the shooting happened, but Couch - shot in the leg - drove herself to her sister's house for help.

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/shot-1006092-woman-night.html

Investigators found a man on the street in the 900 block of East Samoa Street before 11 p.m. Sunday while responding to a report of gunshots in the area.

The man was taken to a hospital for emergency treatment, then rushed to a Fresno hospital, where he died, the department said.

The man's name is being withheld...

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/article/20111101/NEWS01/111010332

A man apparently despondent over a drunken-driving arrest fired a gun several times, threatened a neighbor, and set fire to his house before shooting himself in the head early Thursday, authorities said.

The body of Jeffry Hollowbush, 62, of Pike Township, Berks County, was recovered from the burning remains of the home, state police said. The coroner ruled his death a suicide.

Firefighters, ambulance personnel and police were called to the home shortly after midnight after getting a report of a man who had set his house ablaze and was randomly firing a shotgun on his property. A neighbor reported that Hollowbush had pointed his weapon at her and walked away.

Firefighters were kept away from the home as a precaution.

The first troopers to arrive found Hollowbush's 17-year-old daughter hiding in nearby woods unharmed. She told them she saw her father standing in a doorway with his pants on fire and that he put the shotgun to his head and went back into the burning house. Moments later she heard a gunshot, authorities said.

Hollowbush had been arrested for drunken driving after crashing his car into a pole shortly after 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. His wife picked him up at the hospital and he told her he was going to set his house on fire and kill himself, police said.

The Hollowbushes were in the process of getting a divorce, and he had recently lost his job, the Reading Eagle reported on its website.

http://www.timesleader.com/news/ap?articleID=7937316#ixzz1cgTmLu6S

Illinois Conservation Police hope someone can help them find out who shot an injured bald eagle found in Putnam County. The eagle was discovered Saturday, October 30, 2011 about a mile south of Hennepin, Illinois.

“A Conservation Officer located and captured the injured eagle and transported it to an area veterinary clinic for treatment. It was determined the eagle had a broken wing as a result of an apparent gunshot wound,” said a statement from the Department of Conservation.

http://www.wqad.com/news/wqad-eagle-found-with-gunshot-injury-20111102,0,2029436.story

This is a thread honoring the marksmanship of America's law enforcement professionals.

One person is dead after a police stakeout that lasted several hours outside a home on Peterson Parkway.

Crystal Lake Police Cmdr. Dan Dziewior said police arrived at 203 Peterson Parkway after someone called around 10:30 a.m. reporting a person inside the residence who had a firearm.

A number of officers in bullet-proof vests, some with shields, surrounded the house this morning where they remained cautious before approaching the home around noon.

Police finally gained access to the house at 12:37 p.m.

Dziewior said police are still investigating the situation, but that "an individual inside the residence is deceased."

http://www.nwherald.com/2011/11/04/man-found-dead-in-home-from-gunshot-wound/a4ebzko/

This is a thread honoring the marksmanship of America's law enforcement professionals.

off duty cop shoots and kills unarmed man

A man who was shot and killed by an off-duty Santa Ana police officer Monday was unarmed, a Sheriff's Department official said Thursday.

Jason Richard Bitz, 23, of Long Beach died Monday about 6:30 a.m. near Rynerson Park in Lakewood.

According to sheriff's officials, the off-duty officer said he heard noises outside his home on Longworth Avenue, went outside and found two people trying to break into a vehicle parked across the street.

According to the account of the officer, whose name was not disclosed, when the officer confronted the men, they ran and he pursued them in his personal car.

This is a thread honoring the marksmanship of America's law enforcement professionals. A man who was shot and killed by an off-duty Santa Ana police officer Monday was unarmed, a Sheriff's Department official said Thursday. Jason Richard Bitz, 23, of Long Beach died Monday about 6:30 a.m. near Rynerson Park in Lakewood. According to sheriff's officials, the off-duty officer said he heard noises outside his home on Longworth Avenue, went outside and found two people trying to break into a vehicle parked across the street. According to the account of the officer, whose name was not disclosed, when the officer confronted the men, they ran and he pursued them in his personal car.

Don't gunlovers usually exult whenever someone uses a gun to defend property from a criminal?

Authorities in Marion County responded to an officer-involved shooting in the small town of Mt. Angel.

The Marion County Sheriff's Office and witnesses at the scene said the incident stemmed from a routine traffic stop of an old pick-up truck that turned into a high-speed pursuit throughout town.

The shooting call came in at about 3:45 p.m. and directed authorities to a grassy area at the 100 block of South Sheridan Street. The scene--just around the corner from the police station--was closed from the intersection of Sheridan Street and Church Street.

Very few details were released on the incident but the injured suspect was taken via LifeFlight to OHSU for treatment.

The truck came to a stop after jumping a curb at the end of the dead-end block lined with family homes. Skid marks and a downed stop sign were indicators of the high-speed chase.

The officer involved was not injured, according to the Marion County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/loca...ce-shooting-in-Mt/7li5FZqOCkilDEdiNqQa9Q.cspx

the grassy knoll!

Back