An Irresponsible Media

The corporate media at work blunting logic again.

I guess they think Death sells better one at a time , white and rich.

I'm about 2 sob stories away from hating the guy.

While I doubt I will hate the guy (hate is more a lib thing I suppose), I am sick of the coverage and it is only just beginning to get going. We are going to have to deal with it now for the next few weeks. Then again when the Dark Knight is released in July.

While I doubt I will hate the guy (hate is more a lib thing I suppose), I am sick of the coverage and it is only just beginning to get going. We are going to have to deal with it now for the next few weeks. Then again when the Dark Knight is released in July.

Ugh....I went to Cnn.com again.

I hate him. Its official.

The corporate media at work blunting logic again.

I guess they think Death sells better one at a time , white and rich.

Partially agree... it sells when it is a "celebrity". It could be a former star turned broke ass loser or it could be a wealthy celeb. Doesn't matter. Race is hardly an issue. Just look at the endless Tupac/Biggie media barrage we had to endure.

I can see Australia news media covering this a bit. There three biggest stars are a bigot (Gibson) a beautiful talented actress who married a complete nut (Kidman) and Ledger (dead). Well, I guess they can hang their hat on Kidman divorcing the loon.

Partially agree... it sells when it is a "celebrity". It could be a former star turned broke ass loser or it could be a wealthy celeb. Doesn't matter. Race is hardly an issue. Just look at the endless Tupac/Biggie media barrage we had to endure.

Hey hey hey......Those were murders and culturally significant.

Frankly, it's hard to blame the media for this. The media reflects the culture. We are a celebrity & fame-obsessed culture, and very shallow. They cater to that, because it is more profitable.

Frankly, it's hard to blame the media for this. The media reflects the culture. We are a celebrity & fame-obsessed culture, and very shallow. They cater to that, because it is more profitable.

I can see a "Hollywood Access" type show harping on this, but the mainstream media should be above it. Let people grab the Enquirer or NY Times if they want to read trashy journalism. The mainstream should stick to the real news. They wonder why they keep losing viewers/readers. It is because they are catering to the morons in society who are obsessed with shit like this.

As a fan and follower of celebrity gossip and trash TV, I can tell you I don't want to read about this when I log on to Cnn.com. I go their for news and TmZ for celebrity gossip.

PS did anyone else see the you tube of amy winehouse smoking crack? Priceless

My second year in law school I worked in our schools legal clinic. I represented a young woman from Kinshasha whose father had sent her to school in the US at the University of Kansas. He was a construction equipment company owner who had several contracts with the Zaire government. One day her aunt called her and told her that her parents house had been burned and that her family was missing. Shortly thereafter the tuition money stopped coming. When that happened her Student visa was revoked and she was ordered to voluntarily return home or face deportation. We fileda petition for political asylum based on the fact that her mother father and 5 siblings were killed or disappeared and that she would face the same fate if forced to return. The US government found that she was not part of a group that was in danger by living in Zaire. We appealed that decision and lost the appeal as well. In January of 1997 I drove her to the Kansas City Airport and placed her on an airplane that would take her to Chicago and then ultimately to Kinshasa. I told her to call her Aunt who was married to a man in Switzerland so that I could find out if she was ok and if the Swiss Government was going to allow her to live with her aunt. She made one phone call to her aunt and then was never heard from again. The really sad thing is that I can't remember her name anymore.

Back