An Irresponsible Media

Well, there are a few ways of looking at it. Yes, we're a shallow culture right now, and there are a lot of things about the culture that concern me (though I do not think I would qualify as a "culture warrior").

However, there is a lot to be said for wanting to "zone out." I probably watch more political shows & news than is good for me, but when my brain is full, and I've had it with Iraq, and Bush, and Hillary/Obama, and the myriad of problems in the world, I'm as guilty of turning on "Celebrity rehab" & "Fabulous life of the Hiltons" as anyone.

Well, if you were a culture warrior, would there be outfits involved?

Trash TV Cypress.....trash TV

Pfffftttt....take your trash TV and Monster Truck Rallys, and shove it. You an't got nothing on me.

Do you know how many mindless hours I waste playing video games like Resident Evil and the Sims?

Seriously? LMAO

I have to say I too am guilty of watching Buffy the Vampire slayer. My roomates watched it while we were in school along with Charmed, and I used to look down on them. Fast forward one year....sigh.......

Pfffftttt....take your trash TV and Monster Truck Rallys, and shove it. You an't got nothing on me.

Do you know how many mindless hours I waste playing video games like Resident Evil and the Sims?

I watched all three resident evil movies.

Seriously? LMAO

Yes seriously, and you can laugh all you want to, those were great shows. They were not the fluff you think that they are.

First of all Buffy, was a totally feminist show. Josh Whedon got the idea for the show when he got tired of watching movies where the little blonde girl walks into the dark alley and is murdered by the monster. So he envisioned a little blonde girl running into a monster in a dark alley, but she’s the one who comes out. In many ways, it was a very deep, metaphorical show.

And Angel is so freaking hot that I can’t even talk about it. I mean, the guy who plays him is really hot, but, the character is hotter, because he’s a vampire with a soul, and he can beat up anybody, and it’s just so hot.

Plus, I like the whole statement behind the Angel show which is, you are never going to beat evil in this world (and I think of warmongers and neocons and bush when I think of this), but heroes don’t accept the world the way it is anyway, they fight against it. It’s that fight that is important.

Would you like to hear more SF? lol

Yes seriously, and you can laugh all you want to, those were great shows. They were not the fluff you think that they are.

First of all Buffy, was a totally feminist show. Josh Whedon got the idea for the show when he got tired of watching movies where the little blonde girl walks into the dark alley and is murdered by the monster. So he envisioned a little blonde girl running into a monster in a dark alley, but she’s the one who comes out. In many ways, it was a very deep, metaphorical show.

And Angel is so freaking hot that I can’t even talk about it. I mean, the guy who plays him is really hot, but, the character is hotter, because he’s a vampire with a soul, and he can beat up anybody, and it’s just so hot.

Plus, I like the whole statement behind the Angel show which is, you are never going to beat evil in this world (and I think of warmongers and neocons and bush when I think of this), but heroes don’t accept the world the way it is anyway, they fight against it. It’s that fight that is important.

Would you like to hear more SF? lol

I was laughing that you bought the DVDs..... I watched the two when they were on the air.

I was laughing that you bought the DVDs..... I watched the two when they were on the air.

Oh.. lol. Yep I have all 5 seasons of Angel, and all 7 seasons of Buffy on DVD. I know, it’s very geeky.

I also have the 3 seasons of the original Star Trek on dvd. I am actually kind of a nerd.

I have to say I too am guilty of watching Buffy the Vampire slayer. My roomates watched it while we were in school along with Charmed, and I used to look down on them. Fast forward one year....sigh.......

I have always been a sucker for the "hero" type shows. Especially the ones with enhanced abilities. Always good to see a good ass kicking.

Oh.. lol. Yep I have all 5 seasons of Angel, and all 7 seasons of Buffy on DVD. I know, it’s very geeky.

I also have the 3 seasons of the original Star Trek on dvd. I am actually kind of a nerd.

I don't think I could buy the DVDs for TV shows. Kind of like keeping MJ in the house.... you have it around and you think... "maybe I'll have just a little bit".... next thing you know you just smoked a bag and have watched an entire season of Buffy... then wonder what happened to your weekend.... and why did I eat 4 bags of Doritos

I bought 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later, a couple weeks ago.

That first one was the best damn horror movie I've seen a while. If you have it, check out the special features on how they filmed it. It's pretty cool, from a technical perspective.

LOL. Been there, done that in like 2003/2004

Back