Another art school closes.

Hume

Verified User
The fallout was immediate and painfully familiar to instructors in the struggling world of arts education, where dozens of respected schools have closed over the last decade. The University of the Arts closure would affect 1,149 students and nearly 700 employees total, but it was also the second major Philadelphia arts institution this year to end its programs. In January, the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts said it would stop granting degrees after its 2025 graduating class.

What value do art schools or an art degree offer?
R.58573bdf64e3fe92c63ec85c23f3af4c

Anthony Bourdain did not hire people with culinary degrees, he hired immigrant dishwashers and then trained them up to be good....and I know a lot of head chefs that feel the same way....a degree is worse than useless....it is disqualifying.

The fallout was immediate and painfully familiar to instructors in the struggling world of arts education, where dozens of respected schools have closed over the last decade. The University of the Arts closure would affect 1,149 students and nearly 700 employees total, but it was also the second major Philadelphia arts institution this year to end its programs. In January, the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts said it would stop granting degrees after its 2025 graduating class.

Who cares..... We need scientists, doctors, engineers........... etc........... not painters............ unless they are house painters.

We once had "@Well sure the degree is useless, but they did finish it....they stuck with it and put in the work....that is something".

That went away when higher education became completely fraudulent...became training for the journey to UTOPIA with almost no work required.

A degree means that they sat through the indoctrination, that is all.

When I was an engineering major at Michigan State I was told that I should be putting in three hours for every hour of class time, now "students" in the USA dont even do twenty minutes I think I saw.

Back