Any reloaders or gun guys or gals here ?

There used to be a rimmed varmint cartridge called the .225 Winchester.
Rimmed rifle cartridges were long obsolete by then, 30-30 not withstanding, but that's how they made it in the mid sixties.

I had a .224 Weatherby at the time.
I discovered that using the exact factory load for the .225 Winchester--bullet, primer, and powder--
in the .224 Weatherby cartridge casing--
resulted in more accurate machine rest groupings than the .224 Weatherby factory ammunition.

Remington's .22-250 was the most favored cartridge of that type in that era, however, due to its power,
although the .223 / 5.56 mm was obviously the volume leader.

Nonetheless, my handload got a mention in Guns and Ammo magazine.

There used to be a rimmed varmint cartridge called the .225 Winchester.
Rimmed rifle cartridges were long obsolete by then, 30-30 not withstanding, but that's how they made it in the mid sixties.

I had a .224 Weatherby at the time.
I discovered that using the exact factory load for the .225 Winchester--bullet, primer, and powder--
in the .224 Weatherby cartridge casing--
resulted in more accurate machine rest groupings than the .224 Weatherby factory ammunition.

Remington's .22-250 was the most favored cartridge of that type in that era, however, due to its power,
although the .223 / 5.56 mm was obviously the volume leader.

Nonetheless, my handload got a mention in Guns and Ammo magazine.

never owed any of the weatherbys but I know they mag some really great calibers and I have looked at the 224. great long range gun and yep the 22 250 is a great long range small to med game caliber no doubt.

The .223 / 5.56 is great for certain hunting and is capable of taking deer but not my first choice for deer . I shoot a lot of ar 15s and yes you can hand load a better grade ammo then you can by and a lot cheaper.

Mostly I load for a ar in bulk but do make my own match grade ammo and shoot sub 1/2 in groups with it. its slow making it ' as I ,measure each case , measure each powder load and the oal of the bulet. I even sort the match grade bullets I use by weight and length .
I dont shoot much of it a year .

as for why I dont hunt or eat rabbits . growing u I was raised by my grandparents on a farm.
We raised the majority of our own food.
One thing we raised were rabbits , I took care of them and it ws also my job to kill and butcher them when grandad wanted one.

I would go out pick out a rabbit hold it by its feet and take a lead bar and wack it on the back of the head .
nail it up on a corner post of the barn and then skin it. which is really easy with rabbits.
Well one day I was skinning one and had the shink pulled down to about its neck hanging down from its back feet and apparently I didn't kill it and it woke up . The noise that rabbit made was awful . I still had to eat and kill them when he wanted. But I only hunted rabbits one time after that. and it was at least 10m years after I was in my early 20s the last time I rabbit hunted .

Reloaded som 308 rounds. Going to make sure my old lever action Savage is zeroed in tomorrow as I may have a doe hunt in Northern OK later this month. I should load some 9 mm but I’m counting on more availability and reasonable prices soon. Besides I have a lot already loaded...but I also shoot a lot. I believe that if you’re going to be good with a pistol you have to shoot a pistol.

so ammo manufactures have a billion dollars in back orders it may be some time before 9mmm ammo is for sale at affordable prices gain.

so ammo manufactures have a billion dollars in back orders it may be some time before 9mmm ammo is for sale at affordable prices gain.

Yes sir, I have seen that. I likely will have a serious, sit down, reloading session during Christmas break. I’ll pick a rainy day when I don’t want to rabbit or squirrel hunt.

The standard load for sub moa accuracy in my .223 ar

I use is a standard federal primer
I use lake city brass and trim it all to as close as I can and yes I sort it also by lot.

The bullets I use are Nossler 69 grain math grade bullets and the powder is Irm 4064.

I quit using the math grade bullets they just didn't add up. ;)

I quit using the math grade bullets they just didn't add up. ;)

well I only use match grade bullets for accuracy shooting , and they do make a difference of you do everything right .
but you have to do each one by hand . for general shooting or hunting no I dont use them

well I only use match grade bullets for accuracy shooting , and they do make a difference of you do everything right .
but you have to do each one by hand . for general shooting or hunting no I dont use them

I've heard Hunter Biden uses a bitchass ladies gun; a Walther PPK. Real men use a compact .45ACP. What do you carry, Bob?

I've heard Hunter Biden uses a bitchass ladies gun; a Walther PPK. Real men use a compact .45ACP. What do you carry, Bob?

fair question . These days I either carry a slightly modified Glock 26 , it has a heavier firing pin spring , after market night sights and grip wraps, I normally load it with guard dog ammo which is very effective.

Sometimes I also carry a Rugar 101 snub 5 shot in 357 mag. its the stainless version stock except for some after market grips.
I also occasionally carry a Kel Tec 380 in my wallet pocket as a emergency back up .

Before that I carried a para ordinance LDA sub compact in .45 acp before that I carried a Steyr MP .40 cal. before that SW in 41 mag or 357 mag ,But that was before semi autos became popular .

Also with the advances in ammo tec a 9 mm is good for self defense.
Before I retired I was able to get great deals on glocks and police only ammo .at the local policeman supply. a glock 26 or 19 or 17 cost me 400.00

The Steyr was carried a as a duty weapon. I switched over to glocks after the department I worked for made us all carry glock 19s . I find them reliable affordable and good shooters and after market and factory parts are cheap. Mags are cheap and very well made .

I have 3 glocks a 26 a 34 highly modified and a G 17 long slide.
I have other hand guns also.

How about you dutch, what do you carry

I wouldnt trust a crack head like hunter Biden with a squirt gun

By the way dutch drug user are not legally able to carry or buy guns ,unless they lie on the application and carry permit which is also against the law.
Seems humter could care less about the law hey.

fair question . These days I either carry a slightly modified Glock 26 , it has a heavier firing pin spring , after market night sights and grip wraps, I normally load it with guard dog ammo which is very effective.

Sometimes I also carry a Rugar 101 snub 5 shot in 357 mag. its the stainless version stock except for some after market grips.
I also occasionally carry a Kel Tec 380 in my wallet pocket as a emergency back up .

Before that I carried a para ordinance LDA sub compact in .45 acp before that I carried a Steyr MP .40 cal. before that SW in 41 mag or 357 mag ,But that was before semi autos became popular .

Also with the advances in ammo tec a 9 mm is good for self defense.
Before I retired I was able to get great deals on glocks and police only ammo .at the local policeman supply. a glock 26 or 19 or 17 cost me 400.00

The Steyr was carried a as a duty weapon. I switched over to glocks after the department I worked for made us all carry glock 19s . I find them reliable affordable and good shooters and after market and factory parts are cheap. Mags are cheap and very well made .

I have 3 glocks a 26 a 34 highly modified and a G 17 long slide.
I have other hand guns also.

How about you dutch, what do you carry

I wouldnt trust a crack head like hunter Biden with a squirt gun

I carry a S&W M&P Shield 45 with a wheelgun in every car. I tell my wife they're all loaded with 38s because she doesn't like the .357s, but I lied. All .357 JHP. She can handle it when it comes down to it. I've seen her. Likes and don't likes don't matter much in that situation.

I carry a S&W M&P Shield 45 with a wheelgun in every car. I tell my wife they're all loaded with 38s because she doesn't like the .357s, but I lied. All .357 JHP. She can handle it when it comes down to it. I've seen her. Likes and don't likes don't matter much in that situation.

I understand loading revolvers with .357 mag Its much better a choice then .38, not to sell .38s short they are a good caliber . It can be a hand full for smaller framed people. I had a desert eagle in .44 mag at one time , scoped for hunting. most people didnt like the recoil, and at one time I had a .475 single action Linebaugh. I got it for a song at the time but didn't shoot it but a few times. I could shoot it one handed with out a lot of problem, many friends shot it one time only it was a beast.

I had plans of using it on a elk hunt for a camp a gun and on horseback in case of brown bear but the trip never happened so I ended up selling it.

I understand loading revolvers with .357 mag Its much better a choice then .38, not to sell .38s short they are a good caliber . It can be a hand full for smaller framed people. I had a desert eagle in .44 mag at one time , scoped for hunting. most people didnt like the recoil, and at one time I had a .475 single action Linebaugh. I got it for a song at the time but didn't shoot it but a few times. I could shoot it one handed with out a lot of problem, many friends shot it one time only it was a beast.

I had plans of using it on a elk hunt for a camp a gun and on horseback in case of brown bear but the trip never happened so I ended up selling it.

I've mostly been a long gun guy and never shot a pistol to proficiency until in the military. Sharpshooter the first year shooting the .45 and Expert every year after that. When I crossdecked to the Navy, the Navy standard issue sidearm for pilots was a S&W .38 four-inch. We were allowed our own sidearms and I carried a Browning Hi-Power with the standard 13-short plus two 25 shot extended magazines. All loaded up, I had a box of 9mm divided across all three magazines. All would fit in my LPA front left pocket. This was late 80s and it looked like this:

main-qimg-2ff69b287690854df0bf3196b5742440

I think you have a very limited knowledge of guns caliber and killing power and ethical harvesting of game.

You might want to ask him which is more powerful (in a modern handgun) The .44 MAG. or the .45 Long Colt...

The .45LC bullet is a true .45 and the .44 MAG is only .429 in diameter.

well thats true but it has nothing to do with the power of the round . a STANDARD .44 MAG IS A LOT MORE POWERFUL THEN A .45 LONG COLT.
The .44 mag delivers a lot more foot pounds of energy then the.45 long colt.

It delivers over 2x the muzzle energy of a .45 long colt, the original .45 lc was a black power round designed for firearms with a much weaker design and different metals.
The .45 long colt when loaded up and uses in a modern fire designed for high pressure loads can can exceed 1000 ft lbs of energy and thats the trick question modern fire arm

well thats true but it has nothing to do with the power of the round . a STANDARD .44 MAG IS A LOT MORE POWERFUL THEN A .45 LONG COLT.

It delivers over 2x the muzzle energy of a .45 long colt, the original .45 lc was a black power round designed for firearms with a much weaker design and different metals.
The .45 long colt when loaded up and uses in a modern fire designed for high pressure loads can can exceed 1000 ft lbs of energy and thats the trick question modern fire arm

Actually, the .45 Long Colt can be loaded to equal or exceed the power of the .44 magnum.

Funny that you guys have been talking about the 45 long colt. My son is a Senior in high school this year and just got one given to him by the girls basketball coach for keeping the stats for both girls and boys basketball teams for four years. A really nice Henry carbine with walnut stock and fore end. Of course we can’t find shells for it right now but I have some brass, large pistol primers and a box of 100 bullets in 250 gr. and plenty of powder. We’ll build him some next week while we are out of school. What a super gift though. The coach is a former student of mine as well.

Back