Any reloaders or gun guys or gals here ?

Funny that you guys have been talking about the 45 long colt. My son is a Senior in high school this year and just got one given to him by the girls basketball coach for keeping the stats for both girls and boys basketball teams for four years. A really nice Henry carbine with walnut stock and fore end. Of course we can’t find shells for it right now but I have some brass, large pistol primers and a box of 100 bullets in 250 gr. and plenty of powder. We’ll build him some next week while we are out of school. What a super gift though. The coach is a former student of mine as well.

look at small gun shops , they might have some.

Speaking of small gun shops I went to a small one about 15 miles from the house the other day and to my surprise they had some things I wanted a spare mag for my glock 34 , while I have several I always can use more also a spare mag for my glock 43 and some law enforcement only hollow points . 60.00 bucks a box but I only carry top enf factory ammo in my carry guns limit was one box , they also had some sub sonic .22 ammo for suppressor use. while I already have a good bit of it , I picked up as much as they would sell me. I have a couple .22 s a rifle and pistol both suppressed and as I cant make .22 ammo I always buy it when I can I, up to about 2000 rounds stocked up

I was able to score again at a small local gun shop, they had the law enforcement hollow points still but are limiting sales of course 1 box per customer and they had the subsonic suppressor loads I like to use in my .22 rifle and pitol that I shoot suppressed they also got in the glock 43 finger mags I was told them I wanted no 00 buck yet.

I do order online from time to time but I try to support local shops when I can

I won an Anderson manufacturing AR15 .223 in a raffle the other day. I have no use for it. I went to the shop to pick it up and was able to get a Glock 41 Gen 4 45 ACP instead. I’m a happy camper.

good for you that you could trade it for something you wanted or needed.
I have all the ar 15s I need all are set up for my needs except one which just has A2 sights on it, might add a optic 1x4 . I have several glocks and am in the process of making one a polly 80 build.
If I was to add another gun to my collection it would probably be a single action revolver in .357 mag for cowboy action shooting

I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag I use for hog and deer hunting. Great, reliable and accurate weapon.

Yea a .44 mag pistol is fine for hogs and deer at reasonable range with iron sights say 50 yards . with a 4 power pistol scope 44 mag is good for 100 yards .
Those are reasonable ranges for a hand gun if you shoot it regularly
I had a Desert Eagle in 44 mag I ended up trading for a sw in 41 mag.with a 4 in barrel.
.44 mag is a great hunting round and back up gun in bear country.
Do you reload for it

My reloading has been slow as I have been kinda busy. I rarely spend much more then 30 min at a time doing it. Some tines I my hit it 2 or 3 times a day but might not do any for 3 or 4 days depending on my health. Mainly been processing .223 brass for my ar.
Its a lot of work . I sort the brass mol spec crimped from regular brass .
Swage the mil spec resize and decap polish them inspect trim to length and then debur .then you prime it. Fill with powder put the bullet in to proper over all length and then crimp.
Its a lot of work to do a couple thousand cases that have never been processed. But I can make a box of 20 rounds for about 5 bucks a box and they are selling for 12.00 to 25.00 a box or more for basic fmj target ammo.

My reloading has been slow as I have been kinda busy. I rarely spend much more then 30 min at a time doing it. Some tines I my hit it 2 or 3 times a day but might not do any for 3 or 4 days depending on my health. Mainly been processing .223 brass for my ar.
Its a lot of work . I sort the brass mol spec crimped from regular brass .
Swage the mil spec resize and decap polish them inspect trim to length and then debur .then you prime it. Fill with powder put the bullet in to proper over all length and then crimp.
Its a lot of work to do a couple thousand cases that have never been processed. But I can make a box of 20 rounds for about 5 bucks a box and they are selling for 12.00 to 25.00 a box or more for basic fmj target ammo.

Components have been hard to come by here. I hate not being able to replace my stash of primers and bullets. So far powder has been easy enough to get. I have a brand new long slide Glock in 45 ACP that I haven’t shot yet because I can’t get a substantial amount of bullets for it. Right now I just have 100 rounds. Not happy about the ammo situation here.

Yea a .44 mag pistol is fine for hogs and deer at reasonable range with iron sights say 50 yards . with a 4 power pistol scope 44 mag is good for 100 yards .
Those are reasonable ranges for a hand gun if you shoot it regularly
I had a Desert Eagle in 44 mag I ended up trading for a sw in 41 mag.with a 4 in barrel.
.44 mag is a great hunting round and back up gun in bear country.
Do you reload for it

Yes I do. Have for years so I have plenty of components for it.

Yes I do. Have for years so I have plenty of components for it.

good I see fewer people at the gun ranges nowadays and fewer shooting as much ammo except for re-loaders who were smart enough to keep stocked up.
When O bung hole took office supply's of components got hard to find and more expensive more so in his second term.
I stocked up prior to his second term and trumps first . so I have components and can go shoot when I want with in reason.
I have a buddy who had to pay 145.00 for 60 rounds of 3030 in Virginia and I seebricks of .22 lr selling for 100.00 to 200.00 on line .
Pays to think ahead

One thing i do is with once fired brass .223 I order order on line is I lightly polish it before decaping and resizing . after resizing I polish it a second time . I like to do a light polish before I put them in my dies to help keep my dies clean and in good shape. And the second polish is to not only polish the case but remove lube. Extra step but its worth it to me

SNORING

I've been up for two hours. What's your secret to success? I have a high tolerance for pain.
Sleep deprivation is a major issue when it comes to mental health. You're feeling anxious
because you're not getting enough sleep. It happens so often you don't know the reason
for not sleeping. I'm not holding my track of thought. I am now forgetful.

I owe the deli clerk money.

Two months left and it's $5,000 F'n dollars. The smack on the back of her F'n head. Go ahead say it, say it.
I wub U I wub U and the pasghetti came flying out of her F'n nose.

Stay there don't move here now I have to pay an added toll, HOLLY FUKC!
Tap the dog stabbed me. drugs he's n we peddle uhh uhh box truck uhh uhh
He had a hard on attack.

Let's go visit this guy. shqipe

You put me on drugs. What a F'n whiner! My psychiatrist is better than yours.

Some lawyers charge retainer fees of $1000, while others charge $5000+.
Depending on the lawyer and the complexity of your case, you can usually
expect to pay a retainer fee of between $3000 and $5000.

I'm lifting dumbbells getting ready for my deep drop trip. HOLY FUKC!
Here comes the LGBT parade. I know what you're doing. I'm a genius.
The guinee committee. Push ups next to where I'm sitting on the bench.
I'm the Italian Stallion! HOLY FUKC! Back in the sweatshop you go.

BJ WE DON'T PLAY!

:palm:

Finally scraped together enough 45 ACPs that I felt like I could spare 20 rounds at the range. I shot the new Glock through one qualifying round per CLEET instructions. This is what I have to shoot to qualify every 2 years to keep my CLEET certification up to date. Like the rest of the Glocks I’ve shot, this one is very accurate and smooth. I’ll be glad when I can get more ammo and get more used to this handgun.

good I see fewer people at the gun ranges nowadays and fewer shooting as much ammo except for re-loaders who were smart enough to keep stocked up.
When O bung hole took office supply's of components got hard to find and more expensive more so in his second term.
I stocked up prior to his second term and trumps first . so I have components and can go shoot when I want with in reason.
I have a buddy who had to pay 145.00 for 60 rounds of 3030 in Virginia and I seebricks of .22 lr selling for 100.00 to 200.00 on line .
Pays to think ahead

Back to that, huh? :(

Last brick of .22LR I bought was like $58

People are asking stupid money for them.
I shoot a lot of subsonic .22 with suppressors had to cut back some very hard to find sub sonic now

Odd how the .22 supply is once again just like it was in the Obama days.

iu

He brings me too this hole with the biggest cudas I ever seen in my life. I hook up . . . . . .

His personality is massive like I never seen before.

This is what he has playing on the radio.

Finally scraped together enough 45 ACPs that I felt like I could spare 20 rounds at the range. I shot the new Glock through one qualifying round per CLEET instructions. This is what I have to shoot to qualify every 2 years to keep my CLEET certification up to date. Like the rest of the Glocks I’ve shot, this one is very accurate and smooth. I’ll be glad when I can get more ammo and get more used to this handgun.

Back