Are Christians monotheistic?

all he gets are the people who prefer him over God.......
And all “God” gets are people who prefer “him”. Right? They are mirror images. Satin is clearly a deity, maybe lesser to Zeus, I mean God, but it’s clear when you evaluate it, Christianity is polytheistic like Greek Mythology.

Many Christians pray to various saints and practice idolatry, so the claim of true monotheism is quite a stretch.

It’s such a scam. Modern Religion is so similar to Greek Mythology. Why do people fall for it?

If so how is the devil not a type of God?

How does the Devil have his own realm?

The devil is anecdotal and probably metaphoric.

Catholicism, at least, does not recognizer the devil in canon law.

[To some Catholics, he's just the LA nightclub owner who has a vintage Corvette like the one that I gave to my son.]

I take things a step further and don't worry about canon law, either,
but that's a different topic.

And all “God” gets are people who prefer “him”. Right? They are mirror images. Satin is clearly a deity, maybe lesser to Zeus, I mean God, but it’s clear when you evaluate it, Christianity is polytheistic like Greek Mythology.

not mirror images.....Satan isn't the one who decided he gets the people who choose him......like those who prefer him over God, he is the loser.......

perhaps it's because they are smarter than the people who think Christianity is mythology........

It’s clearly just a bad facsimile. I think some of the teachings are universal and important, but it is a terrible mix of mythology, metaphor, and universal truths that people get all mixed up inside of.

It’s clearly just a bad facsimile. I think some of the teachings are universal and important, but it is a terrible mix of mythology, metaphor, and universal truths that people get all mixed up inside of.

sorry, but only the atheists get mixed up reading the scriptures......I believe it's because, like New Earthers, they insist on literal interpretations of genres never intended to be read literally.......that and insisting upon erronious 15th Century translations...

even if you were being sarcastic, your words reveal the truth......indeed, as Psalm 8:2 says "From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength"......

It’s sad, because while some of the universal truths and teachings are very important for individuals in culture, the organized church is used to control and manipulate people. Too many, see it and throw out everything as a result. As it has been for hundreds of centuries.

Zeus, Isis, Osiris, Jesus, Satan, Mary… We really have not evolved very far.

Does this sound familiar to anyone…?

“Hades, Greek Aïdes (“the Unseen”), also called Pluto or Pluton (“the Wealthy One” or “the Giver of Wealth”), in ancient Greek religion, god of the underworld. Hades was a son of the Titans Cronus and Rhea, and brother of the deities Zeus, Poseidon, Demeter, Hera, and Hestia.“

It’s sad, because while some of the universal truths and teachings are very important for individuals in culture, the organized church is used to control and manipulate people. Too many, see it and throw out everything as a result. As it has been for hundreds of centuries.

Zeus, Isis, Osiris, Jesus, Satan, Mary… We really have not evolved very far.

so you think throwing out the wisdom of Zeus was a mistake?.......can you give me an example of it?.......or maybe the wisdom of Isis?.....as I recall she made a dildo out of a part of her dead brotherd and used it to make a child........or Osiris......he was the dildo in question......

Does this sound familiar to anyone…?

“Hades, Greek Aïdes (“the Unseen”), also called Pluto or Pluton (“the Wealthy One” or “the Giver of Wealth”), in ancient Greek religion, god of the underworld. Hades was a son of the Titans Cronus and Rhea, and brother of the deities Zeus, Poseidon, Demeter, Hera, and Hestia.“

no......but if you hum a few bars I might recognize it.......

It’s such a scam. Modern Religion is so similar to Greek Mythology. Why do people fall for it?

Indoctrination. Most are born into it and never develop sufficient critical thinking skills to break away.

Take a look at this forum, for example.

The Bible thumpers are typically the same people who:

Support Trump
Deny climate change
Deny evolution
Can’t figure out the difference between gender and biological sex

The list goes on

If so how is the devil not a type of God?

How does the Devil have his own realm?

I think monotheism as a word was used primarily by western imperialists comparing their religion favorably to the religions of Asia, Africa, the Americas.

I don't think the world monotheism has much purchase in Asia, or would even be clearly understood in a Buddhist, Daoist, or Hindu context.

In a very real sense, the cosmology of Hinduism isn't a lot different from Christianity. They both believe their Trinity, or their pantheon of devas are all just manifestations of the same supreme, universal spirit.

not mirror images.....Satan isn't the one who decided he gets the people who choose him......like those who prefer him over God, he is the loser.......

I agree, not mirror images, but both are supernatural and have powers beyond those of humans, both a deity. He even has a realm.

Back