Are Christians monotheistic?

In the final battle, satan can beat god. That makes him equivalent to god. Therefore a god. The Christians worship a father, a son, and a holy ghost. Those are 3 gods right there. They also pray to lots of saints. That shows those spirits can decide what happens in your life. Christianity is not monotheism. They pray to Mary. If she existed, she died 2000 years ago. You are praying to another god. The final bay\ttle will have the devils minions Vs gods army of angels. All spirits. All gods.

Bingo. All supernatural bullshit. Voodoo.

For myself, things only exist in the natural universe. Just because we don’t understand or can’t explain any phenomenon yet does not relegate it to the realm of the supernatural. It merely means we are still an ignorant species, striving to learn as we go.

If so how is the devil not a type of God?

How does the Devil have his own realm?

They certainly give Satan a lot of power. Overall, I don't think that they are monotheistic at all. Otherwise the Trinity wouldn't be part of Xtian doctrine.

I always thought that it was kind of amusing that many Protestants believe that Roman Catholics "worship" their saints because they have statues and paintings of them, and pray for their intercession with the two gods, Jehovah and Jesus. Yet Protestants themselves pray to more than one deity as well.

They certainly give Satan a lot of power. Overall, I don't think that they are monotheistic at all. Otherwise the Trinity wouldn't be part of Xtian doctrine.

I always thought that it was kind of amusing that many Protestants believe that Roman Catholics "worship" their saints because they have statues and paintings of them, and pray for their intercession with the two gods, Jehovah and Jesus. Yet Protestants themselves pray to more than one deity as well.

I don't think that is true. God is one entity. Jesus is a physical manifestation. God the Father and Spirit are just two properties.
Like giving properties of the US President.

Does this sound familiar to anyone…?

“Hades, Greek Aïdes (“the Unseen”), also called Pluto or Pluton (“the Wealthy One” or “the Giver of Wealth”), in ancient Greek religion, god of the underworld. Hades was a son of the Titans Cronus and Rhea, and brother of the deities Zeus, Poseidon, Demeter, Hera, and Hestia.“

Yes, it does. A good lot of Christian mythos is borrowed from prior and contemporary (to Jesus's time) religions.

So parts of the bible are not intended to be read literally? And how do you know which ones are those? Your choice? The Pope decides? Your preacher?

What an excellent question. A Catholic would answer: "The Pope." Fundies would tell you: "The Holy Spirit." Mainstream Protestants would rely on their pastor's opinion.

I don't think that is true. God is one entity. Jesus is a physical manifestation. God the Father and Spirit are just two properties.
Like giving properties of the US President.

I cannot agree. Jesus and God the Father have always been seen and treated as and prayed to and worshipped as two distinctly separate entities. Maybe to the priesthood of the various sects, the "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" are Hindu-like aspects of The One. But regular Xtians for the most part see Jesus and Jehovah as two beings, father and son.

I cannot agree. Jesus and God the Father have always been seen and treated as and prayed to and worshipped as two distinctly separate entities. Maybe to the priesthood of the various sects, the "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" are Hindu-like aspects of The One. But regular Xtians for the most part see Jesus and Jehovah as two beings, father and son.

I have never heard of that in any Protestant Church. Nor is it in any Protestant theology.

Jesus never claimed his was either God or the son of God. That came later by his followers who needed that to further their cause.

Back