Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

Gnostic Christian

Verified User

I think the answer is is quite important as it would show us the cause/source of homosexuality.

If God, as believers think, then why is God creating gays?

Regards
DL

I think the answer is is quite important as it would show us the cause/source of homosexuality.

Regards
DL

Why does it matter? Do we not all have free will?

Regards
DL

Why is it any of your business, or mine, what someone else's orientation is?

There's no god. People are born the way they are. Some ppl want to use their god to judge and discriminate against others.

Regards
DL

Homosexuality is the result of a cycle of repetitive child molestation that has perpetuated throughout the centuries.

How was the first homosexual created? Were they molested by a same sex-parent?

Regards
DL

I don't think it matters at all to how we live in this nation today. I do not believe in this "god" you speak of and could not care less if you need to believe that it is "god's" fault that folks are gay.

In a nation that allows you to believe as you want to believe, it should not matter if some folks believe that God thinks "Gay=Bad" when making the rules as to how folks act in society. The rules of some random, or even majority, religion are not something we should, or can, take into account when generating the rules of society. Some folks do not believe that way, some even think that this "God" thinks "Gay=Good" and they too don't matter when making the rules that govern society.

Whether God "Created" anything or not, nobody's religious beliefs should be the central reason we have any rule for how we govern society.

Cycle of child sexual abuse:

Researchers M.R. Hilton and G.C. Mezey discovered that there is a progression from victim to victimizer, as child sexual abusers often report a cycle of sexual victimization.

This is particularly common in pedophiles whose preferred targets are little boys.

Hilton & Mezey make some further points:

1. The more deviant the patient population, the higher the rates of past victimization

2. The choice of victims is dependent on the victims' physical characteristics, including age

3. There is often a tendency to abuse the victim in a way that replicates the offender's own experience of abuse

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8894189/

Bible says we do…

The Bible says there's a giant, plexiglass dome around the earth, that keeps the sky rivers in place until windows open to let rain fall. Hopefully you'll understand if I don't put much importance on what the Bible says.

From a neurological perspective, there's no justification for the belief we have free will.

Why does it matter? Do we not all have free will?

It maters because without knowing who or what created gays, homophobes do not know who to blame and end in blaming the wrong party.

Does justice matter to you and is blaming the right party for something not the moral thing to do?

Regards
DL

Why is it any of your business, or mine, what someone else's orientation is?

There's no god. People are born the way they are. Some ppl want to use their god to judge and discriminate against others.

The oppressed are all of our business, fool, and so are the people who oppress them without a just cause.

I like to show that I think homophobes are less well adjusted than gays, as they put sex above love, --- while gays are better thinkers as they put love above sex.

Regards
DL

Homosexuality is the result of a cycle of repetitive child molestation that has perpetuated throughout the centuries.

How was the first homosexual created? Were they molested by a same sex-parent?

I do not agree, but you show that those who discriminate against gays should be hating the molesters and not their now gay victims.

We are on the same side here, even though your views are silly.

Regards
DL

The oppressed are all of our business, fool, and so are the people who oppress them without a just cause.

I like to show that I think homophobes are less well adjusted than gays, as they put sex above love, --- while gays are better thinkers as they put love above sex.

Regards
DL
Welcome to the forum.

No. Actually, none of us do.

Actually we do, but it is rather limited.

We can know that we do have a free will, by the fact that we can give it up to another's will.

If you are correct and we have no free will at all, then we cannot in good conscience punish any criminals, as they had no choice but to do what they did.

Regards
DL

Bible says we do…

I disagree and will trade you quotes.

I have mine, that disagree with your view, imbedded in the following O.P.

=========

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL

Cycle of child sexual abuse:

Researchers M.R. Hilton and G.C. Mezey discovered that there is a progression from victim to victimizer, as child sexual abusers often report a cycle of sexual victimization.

This is particularly common in pedophiles whose preferred targets are little boys.

Hilton & Mezey make some further points:

1. The more deviant the patient population, the higher the rates of past victimization

2. The choice of victims is dependent on the victims' physical characteristics, including age

3. There is often a tendency to abuse the victim in a way that replicates the offender's own experience of abuse

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8894189/

Most child molesters are not homosexual.

Back