Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

Cycle of child sexual abuse:

Researchers M.R. Hilton and G.C. Mezey discovered that there is a progression from victim to victimizer, as child sexual abusers often report a cycle of sexual victimization.

This is particularly common in pedophiles whose preferred targets are little boys.

Hilton & Mezey make some further points:

1. The more deviant the patient population, the higher the rates of past victimization

2. The choice of victims is dependent on the victims' physical characteristics, including age

3. There is often a tendency to abuse the victim in a way that replicates the offender's own experience of abuse

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8894189/
this does happen but far less frequently than you suggest.
as shrinks learned over generations of analysis, an inability to cope with mom and/or dad push them to the easier to deal with.

Not sure why DL needs someone to "blame" but thats his thing and he's free to feel as he does.

I don't think it matters at all to how we live in this nation today. I do not believe in this "god" you speak of and could not care less if you need to believe that it is "god's" fault that folks are gay.

In a nation that allows you to believe as you want to believe, it should not matter if some folks believe that God thinks "Gay=Bad" when making the rules as to how folks act in society. The rules of some random, or even majority, religion are not something we should, or can, take into account when generating the rules of society. Some folks do not believe that way, some even think that this "God" thinks "Gay=Good" and they too don't matter when making the rules that govern society.

Whether God "Created" anything or not, nobody's religious beliefs should be the central reason we have any rule for how we govern society.

You have assumed that I believe in a supernatural God.

Wrong.

Regards
DL

I do not agree, but you show that those who discriminate against gays should be hating the molesters and not their now gay victims. We are on the same side here, even though your views are silly. Regards
DL

If the researchers cited above are correct, all homosexuals are victims.

Not sure why DL needs someone to "blame" but thats his thing and he's free to feel as he does.

You have not read enough yet and are wrong.

That little O.P. was more for posting in non-atheist sites, but I thought that atheists here might be the norm, I E more moral rhaqn Christians, and I thought I would terach yiou mora moral people how to chat with immoral believers, whom you should be fighting it you are one of the more moral atheists.

If you are not, then let me teach you.

Morals are a Gnostic Christian forte.

That is why the inquisitors were sent to rid the world of us instead of Christianity's apologists.

Regards
DL

Why would a heterosexual parent nurture gayness into their child?

Tell us how that is done, exactly.

Regards
DL

Its unintentional on the part of the parent (or spouse, it can happen later in life).
Sometimes mom (or dad) is too scary to love. Maybe too strong a nature, impossible to please, vindictive etc.

The original question was about what God did, not Christians.

True. I thought I would go into reality.

Care to try to dither out why homophobes think the way they do?

Genetically speaking, by the numbers, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

One would think that that they would encourage gays, not hate them.

Regards
DL

Its unintentional on the part of the parent (or spouse, it can happen later in life).
Sometimes mom (or dad) is too scary to love. Maybe too strong a nature, impossible to please, vindictive etc.

You have seen peer revue reports on this have you?

What % of gays are we talking about?

Regards
DL

The oppressed are all of our business, fool, and so are the people who oppress them without a just cause.

I like to show that I think homophobes are less well adjusted than gays, as they put sex above love, --- while gays are better thinkers as they put love above sex.

Regards
DL

You are stereotyping.

You have not read enough yet and are wrong.

That little O.P. was more for posting in non-atheist sites, but I thought that atheists here might be the norm, I E more moral rhaqn Christians, and I thought I would terach yiou mora moral people how to chat with immoral believers, whom you should be fighting it you are one of the more moral atheists.

If you are not, then let me teach you.

Morals are a Gnostic Christian forte.

That is why the inquisitors were sent to rid the world of us instead of Christianity's apologists.

Regards
DL

you asked a question and I answered. I am no obliged to play your games but you go right ahead, its all good.

It maters because without knowing who or what created gays, homophobes do not know who to blame and end in blaming the wrong party.

Does justice matter to you and is blaming the right party for something not the moral thing to do?

Regards
DL

Why is it necessary to have someone to blame for anything? Do we need someone to blame for people who have red hair? Should we find a scapegoat to blame for being homely, extraordinarily tall, low IQ, stuttering, disliking coffee?

The fact that you feel something or someone is to blame for being gay indicates to me that YOU are a homophobe yourself.

Back