Are Republicans embarrased?

I admire Leaning for his faith and convictions. He also seems to not be one that tries to force his beilefs down the throat of others. I sometimes envy those who can take comfort in their beliefs.

We are on totally on opposite sides of the fence on religion, but that is ok as far as I am concerned and I fully support the rights of those like leaning to believe.
Just as I support my right to not believe.

Most Christians support your right to not believe, and could frankly not care less. For some reason, however, society chooses to focus on the good elements of religions such as Islam while lumping together all Christians.

dude... I was kidding about the ambulance chasing.... extending the joke from our last conversation where you said we were simpatico and that ambulance chasing would soon become a symptom.... damn lawyers can't keep up.

Again, did I mention school prayer?????? No, I simply corrected the OTHER friggin lawyer Jarod.
Sorry SF I really didn't take offense. i KNEW it was a continuation of our joke the other night. Sorry if it did not come across that way.

Enlighten me on who that is and provide a link please.
Were you really this out of the loop when Huckabee said this?

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

When Willie Geist reported Huckabee's opinion on MSNBC's Morning Joe, co-host Mika Brzezinski was almost speechless, and even Joe Scarborough couldn't immediately find much to say beyond calling it "interesting,"

Scarborough finally suggested that while he believes "evangelicals should be able to talk politics ... some might find that statement very troubling, that we're going to change the Constitution to be in line with the Bible. And that's all I'm going to say."

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Huckabee_Amend_Constitution_to_meet_Gods_0115.html

Most Christians support your right to not believe, and could frankly not care less. For some reason, however, society chooses to focus on the good elements of religions such as Islam while lumping together all Christians.
I have tried lumping all christians together but after about 4 the wood chipper starts to run funny.

Were you really this out of the loop when Huckabee said this?

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

When Willie Geist reported Huckabee's opinion on MSNBC's Morning Joe, co-host Mika Brzezinski was almost speechless, and even Joe Scarborough couldn't immediately find much to say beyond calling it "interesting,"

Scarborough finally suggested that while he believes "evangelicals should be able to talk politics ... some might find that statement very troubling, that we're going to change the Constitution to be in line with the Bible. And that's all I'm going to say."

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Huckabee_Amend_Constitution_to_meet_Gods_0115.html

Oh, that little ol' thing? He was talking about the Marriage Amendment, in support of one-man one-woman marriage. When taken in that context his verbage is not that out of line.

If you took the word, "God" out of the quote from what Huckleberry said, and replaced it with "Allah"
you could easily imagine Ossama Bin Ladden making that statement.

Last edited:
Im sure you do, would you agree it if he used the word Allah instead of God?
Im sure you do, would you agree it if he used the word Allah instead of God?
Yes I would have a problem with that, as the country was founded on Judeao-Christian principles. In fact the Constitution provides for protection from high seas piracy (Art 1, sec 8, 10th sentence) who were, of course, primarily Muslim.

Yes I would have a problem with that, as the country was founded on Judeao-Christian principles. In fact the Constitution provides for protection from high seas piracy (Art 1, sec 8, 10th sentence) who were, of course, primarily Muslim.

It was founded by people trying to escape that type of tirany!

Back