Are you a theist or an atheist?

I do not know if there are any gods.

I acknowledge that I do not know.

There are many other things that I do not know.

I acknowledge that I do not know them. I am consistent in that kind of acknowledgement.

Atheists and theists are essentially alike. Both are making guesses about the true nature of the REALITY of existence.

I prefer not to make those kinds of guesses.

Your thoughts about agnosticism are bullshit.

And the notion that one uses the descriptor "atheist" simply because one does not "believe" there is a god...is also bullshit.

It is my contention that the vast majority (perhaps EVERY) person who uses the descriptor atheist...either "believes" there are no gods...or "believes" it is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one.

The notion that atheists are not "believers"...is bullshit.

Your bullshit opinion is noted.

The God Space is always filled with something....large numbers of Modern Morons fill it with WOKE.....a fucking death cult!

Some of the worst humans ever....so ignorant that they have no clue that they are ignorant.

I am saying that these are some stupid motherfuckers.

Which always hurts in the end.

The God Space is always filled with something....large numbers of Modern Morons fill it with WOKE.....a fucking death cult!

Some of the worst humans ever....so ignorant that they have no clue that they are ignorant.

I am saying that these are some stupid motherfuckers.

Which always hurts in the end.

Gosh that's some deep thoughts there.

Definitely get the vibe that you might have missed some of the important bits that the Christian religion offers...you know like loving one's enemies and stuff. But you had an opportunity to heap some hate on people so I'm sure you feel better now.

Yeah, like I said, people are scared of atheists. Just doesn't make any sense.

The only people who think others are scared of atheists...are atheists.

Atheists and theists make blind guesses about whether gods exist or not. Insofar as they do, they are the same. Insofar as they guess in opposite directions should indicate they ought not to be blindly guessing with so much fervor.

Look at how you responded. You launched into a screed that called everything "bullshit"...no discussion, just bullshit. That sounds to me like you are scared of atheists.

Atheists and theists make blind guesses about whether gods exist or not. Insofar as they do, they are the same. Insofar as they guess in opposite directions should indicate they ought not to be blindly guessing with so much fervor.

You couldn't be more wrong. But then you don't understand atheism. You just knee-jerk it without actually understanding it.

Sorry for you.

No offense, but you are very stupid.

There is always substantial risk to human liberty when theocrats or atheists achieve control of national government.

The atheists proved to be as dogmatic and oppressive as the theocrats are in enforcing their belief system. The data is ubiquitous and conclusive: 18th century revolutionary France, Soviet Union, Maoist China, Khmer Rouge Cambodia, Stalinist North Korea.

There is always substantial risk to human liberty when theocrats or atheists achieve control of national government.

That's the stuff. Fear!

The atheists proved to be as dogmatic and oppressive as the theocrats are in enforcing their belief system.

Oh jeeez now we have to have a Thumper tell us of all the evils of atheism. Ignoring for the moment the VAST number of deaths laid at the feet of relgion:

Face it, humans are dicks to each other regardless of philosophy.

It's when one side demonizes the other side (like you do with atheists) that the problems begin. Honestly why can't you listen to actual atheists without mischaracterizing their positions? Is it because you fear atheism so much?

I know you want to play "agnostic" so no one will think you are dumb or something, but gimme a break, you don't even understand agnosticism, let alone atheism, yet here you are as usual painting atheists in the ABSOLUTE WORST LIGHT POSSIBLE.

Ironic because you always claim people paint religion in the worst possible light. Yet that is literally all you ever do to atheists.

It seems your hypocrisy knows absolutely no bottom.

His definitions are very simplistic:

IMO, when someone has to selectively limit theism to the western tradition of Judeo-Christianity it just means they haven't bothered to put in the effort to learn about world religions more comprehensively.

His definition of atheism is lacking substance as well.

Hard to believe this guy got paid to write a book about a middle way between militant atheism and holy roller dogma, as if he had a deeply original and profound insight about it.

Some of us here have been talking for years about deliberately choosing to not play on either the atheist team or the holy roller team, and seeking a middle way between the two.

What middle way is there? Either God exists or he doesnt.

That's the stuff. Fear!

Oh jeeez now we have to have a Thumper tell us of all the evils of atheism. Ignoring for the moment the VAST number of deaths laid at the feet of relgion:

Face it, humans are dicks to each other regardless of philosophy.

It's when one side demonizes the other side (like you do with atheists) that the problems begin. Honestly why can't you listen to actual atheists without mischaracterizing their positions? Is it because you fear atheism so much?

I know you want to play "agnostic" so no one will think you are dumb or something, but gimme a break, you don't even understand agnosticism, let alone atheism, yet here you are as usual painting atheists in the ABSOLUTE WORST LIGHT POSSIBLE.

Ironic because you always claim people paint religion in the worst possible light. Yet that is literally all you ever do to atheists.

It seems your hypocrisy knows absolutely no bottom.

No, not all governments intentionally practice widespread persecution, coercion, oppression.

The modern era western democratic governments that take no position on religion, aka the agnostic governments who preside over pluralistic societies, are the least oppressive forms of government in human history.

Governments run by theocrats and atheists have proven over and over and over to be coercive and oppressive in enforcing their belief systems.

The modern era western democratic governments that take no position on religion,

You aren't talking about the USA. An open atheist could never get elected because of people like you who don't understand them and are scared of them.

There's a de facto religious test in the US for higher elected office.

Governments run by theocrats and atheists have proven over and over and over to be coercive and oppressive in enforcing their belief systems.

Then you need look no further than the USA where religious zealots have rolled back countless advances. So the US is not a "modern era western democratic government" (your title).

You are an apologist for religious belief with your mealy-mouthed fake agnosticism (don't worry, God isn't offended if that's what you are scared about). People like you allow that sort of thing to exist in society rather than speaking out against it. So you are partially to blame for the lost reproductive freedoms women suffer in this country.

Ironic, no?

Look at how you responded. You launched into a screed that called everything "bullshit"...no discussion, just bullshit. That sounds to me like you are scared of atheists.

You sound to me like someone scared of saying, "I do not know" when you do not know. You want to make blind guesses.

What frightens you so much about acknowledging the stuff you do not know?

You couldn't be more wrong. But then you don't understand atheism. You just knee-jerk it without actually understanding it.

Sorry for you.

You say I am wrong. So let me ask you: Do you believe that there are no gods...or that it is more likely that there are no gods than that there is one?

It is a YES or NO question.

So...what is your answer?

Back