Are You Curious About Judaism?

Most people know very little about it.

You can get most of your questions answered at a website called Judaism 101.

Jews are a tiny minority. Worldwide there are only 13 million Jews, which represents 0.2% of the population.

Our numbers will remain small because we are forbidden to recruit converts.

If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

Why did you kill Jesus? The Son of God.

SHOW ME WHERE

asking if someone wants to know about ONLY ONE religion?

that is hocking for only one RELIGION BUD

If someone is searching for meaning they need to look at all RELIGIONS and PHILOSOPHIES

taking a worlds religions class would aid them FAR BETTER

I don't believe in any religion and here I am telling people to learn abput them all if they are searching for meaning

you want them to ONLY look at YOUR religion

stop fooling your self

religions people dnt want someone actually learning about all religions

what me to tell you why?

I did not. I'm curious: If you are forbidden from proselytizing why did you start this thread?

If you stick around long enough, you'll notice by and by that we have several members who despise Israel for political reasons, and some who also despise Jews in general. Antisemitism didn't go away when the Nazis did, for sure.

Explaining Judaism is not proselytizing. I did not ask anyone to convert.

Here is my 73 years experience with antisemites. Those who blame Jews for things do it for 2 reasons (1)they are too stupid to figure out what the real causes are and (2)they are too lazy to look them up.

Tell ya what, pussy cat. If you believe anything the Palestinians tell you, I'm glad I found you. Take out your checkbook. I have a bridge for sale. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

No, it does not. However, the Jews I have known in my life were, on the whole, much more honest and considerate than most of the non-Jews.

I think, though, that this often comes with minority status. Fair play, after the Quakers, I reckon I'd put the Jews I've known high up on this scoreboard - but then I think of Netenyahu! Then again, I'd find a very marked difference between an Orthodox friend (who was, all the same, in the Airforce, where even going to the Synagogue according to the Law was impracticable), people who've been brought up in the religion but no longer observe it in any very evident way, and Israelis, one of whom, over here to marry, relied on his purely Aryan appearance to behave appallingly as a driver. I think the behaviour of groups is relatively a complicated matter myself.

asking if someone wants to know about ONLY ONE religion?

that is hocking for only one RELIGION BUD

If someone is searching for meaning they need to look at all RELIGIONS and PHILOSOPHIES

taking a worlds religions class would aid them FAR BETTER

I don't believe in any religion and here I am telling people to learn abput them all if they are searching for meaning

you want them to ONLY look at YOUR religion

stop fooling your self

religions people dnt want someone actually learning about all religions

what me to tell you why?

I don't tell you about other religions because I don't know anything about them.
You need remedial writing.

Explaining Judaism is not proselytizing. I did not ask anyone to convert.

Here is my 73 years experience with antisemites. Those who blame Jews for things do it for 2 reasons (1)they are too stupid to figure out what the real causes are and (2)they are too lazy to look them up.

Tell ya what, pussy cat. If you believe anything the Palestinians tell you, I'm glad I found you. Take out your checkbook. I have a bridge for sale. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I've not spoken to any Palestinians so I'm not sure what triggered that bizarre non sequitur.

Jesus died more than 2000 years ago. I was not born until 1945. Now lets see you take me to court and convict me.

then you also know NOTHING about jews then

jesus was a Jew wasn't he ?

and all those other jews you follow lived before, during and after Jesus's life

you are terrible at representing your religion dude

Judaism accepts converts, but Jewish law forbids us to proselytize. We are not allowed to recruit.

Converting to Judaism is not easy. It involves lots of reading and study and a rabbi must approve of you before you undergo conversion. The rabbi will test your knowledge before he approves you. It generally takes 6 months or more.

How does the rabbi know if a potential convert is sincere about the religion, or has other motives for converting?

Back