At What Point?

They’re all lip-service/faux Christians. They talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. Sad.
the christian teaching is that we're all sinners to some degree.

like you for instance, you lie all the time....

do you ask for forgiveness or do you just keep doubling down?

how about privately, in your own head?

Some of the Bible is literal and some is not!
It takes time and study to chose which is which.
Same with timelines ,some is literal some is not.
A point that most Christian denominations in the US agree upon. Notice that it’s the MAGAts/Christian Nationalists/White Supremacists who are arguing differently. Why?

IMO, because they take a very hard and skewed view of the Bible. They cherry-pick what they like and disregard what they dislike. During the debates on gay marriage, it was these people arguing about how homosexuality is a sin punishable by death while they were munching on their pork rinds and Shrimp Po’boy sandwiches.

the christian teaching is that we're all sinners to some degree.

like you for instance, you lie all the time....

do you ask for forgiveness or do you just keep doubling down?

how about privately, in your own head?
QED. Claims to be a righteous Christian while breaking a Commandment of bearing false witness and Christ’s commandment to love thy neighbor.

Fredo and his fellow WSE’s are all haters and consistently fail to follow the path of Jesus.

Only partially true. The bible had been translated into local languages for quite a long time. Do some research.

Luther was late to the translation party and he ultimately regretted it.
I said Luther was one of the first to translate the bible into a vernacular language. Not the first.

The fact is, the Latin Bible was the gold standard for Roman Catholicism, and Latin was a dead language mostly only priests were trained to read.

It was only after the Protestant Reformation that the Latin Bible was widely translated and disseminated into local European vernacular languages.

The Roman Catholic church didn't even formally allow the liturgy to be spoken in local vernacular languages rather than Latin until the 1962 Vatican II council.

I said Luther was one of the first to translate the bible into a vernacular language. Not the first.

The fact is, the Latin Bible was the gold standard for Roman Catholicism, and Latin was a dead language mostly only priests were trained to read.

It was only after the Protestant Reformation that the Latin Bible was widely translated and disseminated into local European vernacular languages.

The Roman Catholic church didn't even formally allow the liturgy to be spoken in local vernacular languages rather than Latin until the 1962 Vatican II council.
No worries. The literate members of the forum read your exact words. The semi-literate, poorly educated MAGAts and WSEs, not so much. Sad.

QED. Claims to be a righteous Christian while breaking a Commandment of bearing false witness and Christ’s commandment to love thy neighbor.

Fredo and his fellow WSE’s are all haters and consistently fail to follow the path of Jesus.
but i'm telling the truth.

what do you think the path of Jesus is?

never sinning?

no.

Jesus himself was a sinner as he taught.

are you a sinner doc dutch, or are you perfect?

No worries. The literate members of the forum read your exact words. The semi-literate, poorly educated MAGAts and WSEs, not so much. Sad.
Thanks, I try to be extremely careful with word choice so w MAGA won't misrepresent what I said.

While it didn't specifically intend this, I think the Protestant Reformation influenced the spread of democracy, because Protestantism in principle was about devolving power from central authority, and creating a 'preisthood of all believers' by ensuring equal access to scripture and divine revelation.

You’re lying again, Fredo, or proving you can apply for an insanity defense. After reading all of your posts, I’m inclined to believe the latter.

This is a lie:

I even bolded and enlarged it in my reply yet you ignored your lie. Why?
you don't understand things well.

you suck at reading actually.

PMP is correct in stating that the Roman Catholic church ultimately saw that the Protestant Reformation had some valid points, because the Catholics started their own reformation a few decades after Luther and Calvin.
I never claimed Luther was wrong, in fact I expli

The reformation based on a perversion.

And yes practices have changed over the centuries in the church. Beliefs haven't. Luther led people astray and as I said Matt 18:6 will get it all sorted out.

I never claimed Luther was wrong, in fact I expli

The reformation based on a perversion.

And yes practices have changed over the centuries in the church. Beliefs haven't. Luther led people astray and as I said Matt 18:6 will get it all sorted out.

Causing to Stumble​

6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

I think though allowing more people to read the word of God with the VULGATE versions brings people closer to God.

Reading the word of God surely doesn't lead little ones astray.

Causing to Stumble​

6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

I think though allowing more people to read the word of God with the VULGATE versions brings people closer to God.

Reading the word of God surely doesn't lead little ones astray.
No but Luther did lead people away from the truth. The solas are not biblical. What happened with the reformation is everything "Catholic" was deemed "unbiblical" and was therefore rejected.

No but Luther did lead people away from the truth.

Wouldn't it be cool if the God who so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son were explicitly clear what exactly the "Truth" is? There are so many, many, many versions of "the Truth"

If only it was possible to tell which one was real

Back