At What Point?

You haven't shown how its not. For 1500 years the solas didn't exist. No one saw them in the Bible no one taught them but suddenly they appear. It ironic to hear supposed "bible believing" Christians espousing beliefs that arent in the Bible. If that's not "perverted" what is it?

Correct. Christianity was Catholic, hence the name, and Catholic was Christianity. There was no distinction.
Catholics espouse beliefs that are not actually in the bible.

That's what bugged Luther. He thought if it wasn't in the bible, it wasn't correct religious belief.

The Catholics believe that church teachings and ecclesiastical authority have the same authority as biblical scripture. The seven sacraments are a specific Catholic belief, even though Luther and Calvin would say most of those sacraments are not found in the bible

Catholic doesn't mean Christian. Catholic is a Latin word for universal, because the church led by the Bishop of Rome considered itself the universal church.

Catholics espouse beliefs that are not actually in the bible.

That's what bugged Luther. He thought if it wasn't in the bible, it wasn't correct religious belief.

The Catholics believe that church teachings and ecclesiastical authority have the same authority as biblical scripture. The seven sacraments are a specific Catholic belief, even though Luther and Calvin would say most of those sacraments are not found in the bible

Catholic doesn't mean Christian. Catholic is a Latin word for universal, because the church led by the Bishop of Rome considered itself the universal church.
Yes. Catholics dont believe in sola scriptura. Nothing the church believes contradicts scripture. Sola scriptura isnt a rule.

Right. That's a perversion of scripture. Lots of people even in the time time of Jesus were "bugged" by what Jesus taught. Those are just two more.

Everyone of them is.

Correct Catholic means universal. For 1500 years what is not called Catholicism was Christianity. There was no perversion. The beliefs were universal.

Yes. Catholics dont believe in sola scriptura. Nothing the church believes contradicts scripture. Sola scriptura isnt a rule.

Right. That's a perversion of scripture. Lots of people even in the time time of Jesus were "bugged" by what Jesus taught. Those are just two more.

Everyone of them is.

Correct Catholic means universal. For 1500 years what is not called Catholicism was Christianity. There was no perversion. The beliefs were universal.
I just showed you that the Catholic church has practices and beliefs that aren't specifically in the bible, so you can't pin it on Protestants as deviating from "true" Christianity.

Sure, the Bishop of Rome and his Roman Catholic church liked to think of themselves as the universal church. But the fact is, even back in antiquity there was a Coptic Church, a Syriac Church, an Ethiopian Orthodox church. Not to mention Nestorian Christians who continued to exist in Persia and Central Asia.

So Roman Catholicism wasn't, and never was, the only game in town, though they liked to think they were.

In quoted posts above and also here:

You, Yak and the other White Supremacists keep insisting that only your views are correct. Claiming Cypress is doing same is both projection and BS since that’s not what he’s saying.
Holy Rollers and Militant Atheists seem to believe one has to pick a team, and either attack Christianity or defend Christianity relentlessly and without exception.

They are both very dogmatic.

That is mental slavery. I like to think for myself and judge the evidence independently.

Holy Rollers and Militant Atheists seem to believe one has to pick a team, and either attack Christianity or defend Christianity relentlessly and without exception.

They are both very dogmatic.

That is mental slavery. I like to think for myself and judge the evidence independently.
Agreed on pick a team but since none of them act like Christians, I’m guessing it’s not Team Christian.

They are following the MAGAt rules. Sad.

Agreed on mental slavery, but it’s to the ideas of hatred, bigotry and ignorance. Which might explain why God didn’t just imprint the evidence on our brains.

Agreed on pick a team but since none of them act like Christians, I’m guessing it’s not Team Christian.

Agreed on mental slavery, but it’s to the ideas of hatred, bigotry and ignorance. Which might explain why God didn’t just imprint the evidence on our brains.
You don't get to speak for God, Sybil. MAGA is not a person.

You don't get to speak for Jesus, Sybil.
You are hallucinating again, Sybil.
You don't get to speak for God, Sybil. MAGA is not a person.
^^^
:whoa:
X9EmwBi.gif
X9EmwBi.gif
X9EmwBi.gif

Anyone besides me believe that Sybil will be pushing a grocery cart and living in a refrigerator box in a few years?:dunno::thinking:

Everyone of them is.

I just showed you that the Catholic church has practices and beliefs that aren't specifically in the bible, so you can't pin it on Protestants as deviating from "true" Christianity.

Sure, the Bishop of Rome and his Roman Catholic church liked to think of themselves as the universal church. But the fact is, even back in antiquity there was a Coptic Church, a Syriac Church, an Ethiopian Orthodox church. Not to mention Nestorian Christians who continued to exist in Persia and Central Asia.

So Roman Catholicism wasn't, and never was, the only game in town, though they liked to think they were.
and yet you've chosen them as somehow "the best form of Christianity" apparently, for not following "sola scriptura", in this small argument here.

so what is the catholic teaching on the role of the pharisees in the persecution of Jesus, Mr. know it all?

or is all this just distracting bullshit with no relevancy to the actual discussion?

That's a good point. I don't think there are many genuine christians or impartial atheists here.

JPP seems to be renowned for it's rival teams of fake christian poseurs and anti-christian zealots.

and yet you've chosen them as somehow "the best form of Christianity" apparently, for not following "sola scriptura", in this small argument here.

so what is the catholic teaching on the role of the pharisees in the persecution of Jesus, Mr. know it all?

or is all this just distracting bullshit with no relevancy to the actual discussion?
You obviously missed or ignored what I said was admirable about Protestantism in principle.

The number of books in the OT is different for Catholics than it is for Protestants. So sorry you don't know anything about the Bible.

So either learn about the Bible or stop mischaracterizing it because you have never read it.
the apocrypha are not considered to be books of the OT.......they are the apocryphal books.......

Why does the introduction to Gospel of Luke say that Luke takes full ownership of writing the gospel, and to my knowledge there is no indication God is sitting next to him dictating what to write
why put your own interpretation into what Luke wrote?........it isn't necessary for you to interpret his words to exclude God......

You haven't shown how its not. For 1500 years the solas didn't exist. No one saw them in the Bible no one taught them but suddenly they appear. It ironic to hear supposed "bible believing" Christians espousing beliefs that arent in the Bible. If that's not "perverted" what is it?

Correct. Christianity was Catholic, hence the name, and Catholic was Christianity. There was no distinction.
there is a difference between catholic and Roman Catholic Church.......

Back