At What Point?

Oh, so now we're down to saying your particular version of Christianity is correct, and all the others are wrong.

That sounds to me like an admission that humans were indeed deciding for themselves which scripture was canonical, except for your particular version of Christianity which somehow got all the right answers directly from God.
did Moses also not receive any tablets or see a burning bush?

Because you’re claiming they are wrong and only you are correct, Fredo.
where did I do that?

all I've said is all religions claim their texts are the word of God, nitpicking the term aside.

"inspired by God" is functionally synonymous in this context.

:truestory:

Cypress is insisting it's only wrong when Christians do it.

Cypress is the one having double standards.

No but protestantism is a perverted version of it. The two solas are evidence of that. They claim to be rooted in Scripture but neither of the solas they espouse are biblical.

I told you already the protestant Bible is a humanly constructed bible. Do with that what you will but that's what it is. It stands in direct opposition to what was accepted for 1500.years as Scripture
Fair enough.

You are on record as saying only your particular version of Christianity has the truth, and all Lutherans, Baptists, Presbyterians, Methodists, Eastern Orthodox, etc have perverted the truth and are wrong.

That's very honest and forthright for you to make that case.

^^^
That’s some pure White Nationalist shit there.

KKK-Logo.png
It sounds to me like he was confusing Martin Luther King Jr. with Martin Luther the leader of the Protestant Reformation.

I have never heard of the 16th century German theologian Martin Luther described as the prototype for American leftism.

Fair enough.

You are on record as saying only your particular version of Christianity has the truth, and all Lutherans, Baptists, Presbyterians, Methodists, Eastern Orthodox, etc have perverted the truth and are wrong.

I hate it when Yakuda "helps"....

Fair enough.

I didnt say eastern orthodox. Don't get histrionic on me. All those others come directly as a result of the perverted scripture created by Luther. That's it my fault. The solas that they espouse are not biblical. Again not my fault. Have you ever read the earliest church father's? Show me where even one of them espouses either of the solas.

It sounds to me like he was confusing Martin Luther King Jr. with Martin Luther the leader of the Protestant Reformation.

I have never heard of the 16th century German theologian Martin Luther described as the prototype for American leftism.
Me neither which is why it strikes me, along with his thousands of other posts, as White Supremacist BS.

I didnt say eastern orthodox. Don't get histrionic on me. All those others come directly as a result of the perverted scripture created by Luther. That's it my fault. The solas that they espouse are not biblical. Again not my fault. Have you ever read the earliest church father's? Show me where even one of them espouses either of the solas.
Awesome display of MAGAt rule usage, Yak.

MAGAt rule #1 A bold-faced lie is your best defense

MAGAt rule #2 Never take responsibility

MAGAt rule #3 Always blame the other guy

MAGAt rule #4 When the conversation isn't going your way, change the subject.

MAGAt rule #6 Assert your dominance by insulting anyone who disagrees with you as often as possible

I'm surprised you think all religious belief has to come from the bible.

For someone like you who claims hostility to Protestantism, that's actually a fundamental Protestant belief.

Catholics don't think the bible is the sole and inerrant authority on religious belief and doctrine. Church teachings, ecclesiastical authority, and tradition have as much religious authority as the bible.

Regarding the patristic fathers, no one on this board has actually read Ignatius, Polycarp, Clement, et al. though I have read a fair about them.

I personally don't see Protestantism as a twisted perversion. I doubt we would have modern free market capitalism and democracy without the Protestant Reformation, although that was not specifically it's intent.

I also tend to agree with the Luther's view that virtue should be it's own reward, and you shouldn't be trying to buy your way into heaven, or expecting a providential grand prize for helping old ladies cross the street or donating to the homeless shelter.

I'm surprised you think all religious belief has to come from the bible.

For someone like you who claims hostility to Protestantism, that's actually a fundamental Protestant belief.

Catholics don't think the bible is the sole and inerrant authority on religious belief and doctrine. Church teachings, ecclesiastical authority, and tradition have as much religious authority as the bible.

No one on this board has a actually read Ignatius, Polycarp, Clement, et al. though I have read a fair about them.

I personally don't see Protestantism as a twisted perversion. I doubt we would have modern free market capitalism and democracy without the Protestant Reformation, although that was not specifically it's intent.

I also tend to agree with the Luther's view that virtue should be it's own reward, and you shouldn't be trying to buy your way into heaven, or expecting a prize for helping old ladies cross the street or donating to the homeless shelter.
Where did I say that? Copy and paste my words.

I'm not hostile to protestants. They're just wrong and follow a perverted version of Christianity

Correct. Just like the Bible says.

Then I'm no one. If you've read Ignatius' epistle to the Smyrnaeans you'd see Catholism all it. Same with the rest of the father.

It Is perverted and has nothing to do with capitalism

No one buys their way into heaven but again no where does Scripture say just flapping your gums gets you there either. Unless you can show me where it does.

In quoted posts above and also here:

You, Yak and the other White Supremacists keep insisting that only your views are correct. Claiming Cypress is doing same is both projection and BS since that’s not what he’s saying.
i said he only criticizes Christians and Christianity.

that's what I actually said, dipshit.

The fact that the Protestant bible, the Catholic bible, the bibles of the Eastern Orthodox faiths are slightly different from each other (in their Old Testaments) proves that humans were making the decisions about canonical scripture.
They aren't different.

Pope calls for Church to rediscover the Word of God​

facebook sharing button

ppbxviescribe190509
Pope Benedict XVI
David Scott
By David Scott
Vatican City, Nov 11, 2010 / 18:07 pm
Pope Benedict XVI has issued a lofty and impassioned plea for everyone in the Church to rediscover the Bible and to grow in “an ever greater love of the Word of God.”
“We must never forget that all authentic and living Christian spirituality is based on the Word of God proclaimed, accepted, celebrated and meditated upon in the Church.
The Pope’s new apostolic exhortation, “Verbum Domini” (The Word of the Lord), issued Nov. 11, is a book-length response to a special 2008 Synod for Bishops on the Bible and the life of the Church.
In this document, the Pope offers a rich theological reflection on the meaning of the Word of God becoming flesh and the meaning of the Scriptures as the Word of God.

The Pope reaffirms forcefully the Church’s traditional teaching that the Bible is the revealed Word of God written by human authors inspired by the Holy Spirit. He notes that it conveys not just moral and spiritual truths but also truths about “the reality of human history.”
“The history of salvation is not mythology, but a true history,” the Pope said.
This from a guy that has joined the Church of Global Warming. It's rather ironic that the Pope of all people calls for a return to God while joining another religion.

They aren't different.
Why do you say things like this? In reality they ARE different. Everyone whose read the Bible knows this. So it is clear you have never read the Bible and know nothing about it.

You should try reading it. Maybe someone can help you.

I have consistently said Protestants are unique by their sola scriptura doctrine which means

you keep running away from what you originally wrote.

You originally said:

"God wrote the bible."

The plain English meaning of that is crystal clear.

You can backpedal and claim that's not what you really meant. Men wrote the bible. But even "the word of God" coming to men as divine inspiration is still a revelation mediated by fallible humans who were writing the gospels and epistles.
God wrote the Bible, using servants called by God.

Why do you say things like this? In reality they ARE different. Everyone whose read the Bible knows this. So it is clear you have never read the Bible and know nothing about it.

You should try reading it. Maybe someone can help you.
The Bible does not change because a different sect is reading it!

Back