At What Point?

Christianity has drastically changed since antiquity.

The early Church described in Acts almost sounds like a communist commune.

Protestants and Protestant theology didn't exist in antiquity, and the Protestant Reformation didn't happen until 1,400 years after Jesus. People were fighting wars in the 16th century over which sacraments were actually sacred and neccessary.
catholics also teach the Bible is the word of God and that pharisees conspired against Jesus.

Is that why they utilized committees of decades? So God's signal would be boosted across several people rather than just relying on one?
Notice that all of the faux Christians ran from the comment that if God wanted us to know the Bible then God could simply imprint it upon our brains. Since God didn’t do that, there’s a reason for it.

Why are you so intent on trying to disprove the Bible?
Claiming the bible is totally inerrant is Protestant theology. Protestants are a minority of world Christianity, and Protestants didn't even exist 600 years ago.

Funny. Militant atheists get mad when I highlight which parts of the NT I think are actually historically valid, and Holy Rollers get mad at me if I don't agree the bible is totally inerrant.

Claiming the bible is totally inerrant is Protestant theology. Protestants are a minority of world Christianity, and Protestants didn't even exist 600 years ago.

Funny. Militant atheists get mad when I highlight which parts of the NT I think are actually historically valid, and Holy Rollers get mad at me if I don't agree the bible is totally inerrant.
I ❤️ Irony

Note that the only three “Holy Rollers” in this conversation are all MAGAts who support a draft-dodging, adulterous pedophile and oath-breaking traitor. Trump swore to God his oath of office then broke it when ordering the attack on 1/6. Not a peep out of those “Holy Rollers”.

I ❤️ Irony

Note that the only three “Holy Rollers” in this conversation are all MAGAts who support a draft-dodging, adulterous pedophile and oath-breaking traitor. Trump swore to God his oath of office then broke it when ordering the attack on 1/6. Not a peep out of those “Holy Rollers”.
I think most MAGAs have substituted veneration of God for worship and adoration of Trump.

The other take way from this thread is that Rightwing Holy Rollers don't really understand the history and theologies of their own religion.

I think most MAGAs have substituted veneration of God for worship and adoration of Trump.

The other take way from this thread is that Rightwing Holy Rollers don't really understand the history and theologies of their own religion.
They revere a man who worships money. Christian Nationalists are not Christians. They are power and money worshipers who do not follow the path of Jesus.

Agreed. They are only see what they want to see and it has nothing to Christianity.

So, at what point do we tell our children that there is no Santa Claus, no Easter Bunny, or that babies don’t come from storks?

Where do we start providing them with critical thinking skills where they can begin to separate fact from fiction?

That people really can’t walk on water, that one boat can’t fit all animals, that rainbows are from the refraction of light, that people aren’t resurrected?

Where do schools draw the line on perpetuating myths without being at risk for offending someone’s theology?
Well, if you're a typical Progressive Leftist, you never introduce your kids to any of that as those are clearly capitalist, White, religions normative nonsense that will corrupt your child's mind.

You don't get to speak for everyone, Sybil.

I ❤️ Irony

Trump isn't Biden, Sybil.

You don't get to speak for everyone, Sybil. MAGA isn't a person.

They revere a man who worships money. Christian Nationalists are not Christians. They are power and money worshipers who do not follow the path of Jesus.

Agreed. They are only see what they want to see and it has nothing to Christianity.
You don't get to speak for everyone or for God, Sybil.

Church fathers used their reason and logic to decide which letters and gospels were authentically canonical, and which were apocryphal or pseudepigrapha.

Even this kind of inspiration or mediated revelation is subject to mistake by fallible humans. It is almost universally acknowledged today by religious scholars that at least three of Paul's epistles weren't written, authorized , or dictated by him, and of the 13 Pauline letters only seven are unambiguously authored by Paul.

The inauthentic Pauline epistles are stuck in the New Testament canon because we are not going to change the canon at this point.
None of the Scripture was selected because of whom actually authorities the book. Who actually wrote any of is subordinate to it's content. The canonical structure of the Bible is the work of the Holy Spirit through the actions of fallible humans guided by that same Holy Spirit. Being a perfect person isn't necessary to do the will of God. Peter is a perfect example of that. Even though John NEVER betrayed or left Jesus' side Peter was given the authority to bind and loose sins.

Is that why they utilized committees of decades? So God's signal would be boosted across several people rather than just relying on one?
He's agreement tends to reduces error and strengths the signal as you mockingly describe it. Ultimately however one authority must exist and Jesus bestowed that onto Peter.

None of the Scripture was selected because of whom actually authorities the book. Who actually wrote any of is subordinate to it's content. The canonical structure of the Bible is the work of the Holy Spirit through the actions of fallible humans guided by that same Holy Spirit. Being a perfect person isn't necessary to do the will of God. Peter is a perfect example of that. Even though John NEVER betrayed or left Jesus' side Peter was given the authority to bind and loose sins.
The fact that the Protestant bible, the Catholic bible, the bibles of the Eastern Orthodox faiths are slightly different from each other (in their Old Testaments) proves that humans were making the decisions about canonical scripture.

Back