At What Point?

christianity teaches the entire gospel new and old were written by God.
Both dumb and uniformed.

Luke takes full ownership for writing his Gospel.

Introduction
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

Both dumb and uniformed.

Luke takes full ownership for writing his Gospel.

Introduction
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
the christian teaching is that the entire bible is the word of God.

don't Jews teach the old testament is the word of God? are they dumb and uninformed?

prophets were men too. are Jews dumb and uninformed?

the christian teaching is that the entire bible is the word of God.

don't Jews teach the old testament is the word of God? are they dumb and uninformed?

prophets were men too. are Jews dumb and uninformed?
Obviously you felt a need to backpedal and modify what you originally wrote.

You originally claimed that God wrote the New Testament

If humans were 'inspired' to write down the canonical gospels and epistles, that kind of divine inspiration is still being mediated through fallible humans. It's not a direct revelation.

I'd be interested to know if Luke, Mark, Paul, or Timothy claimed that God dictated to them exactly which words to write.

Obviously you felt a need to backpedal and modify what you originally wrote.

You originally claimed that God wrote the New Testament

If humans were 'inspired' to write down the canonical gospels and epistles, that kind of divine inspiration is still being mediated through fallible humans. It's not a direct revelation.
it's considered the word of God because God worked through men.

same as the old testament.

are Jews dumb and uninformed too?

^^ Loaded question fallacy, which presupposes the God of Abraham does exist, in a rhetorical attempt to limit the answers to those that serve the questioner's agenda.
Fallacy fallacy. I never mentioned any particular god or gods. YOU brought up the God of Abraham. You cannot blame me for YOUR action. Inversion fallacy.

Why are you so intent on trying to limit God's abilities?

John seems to have been written right around the turn of the century, 90 to 100 AD. The author of John was writing at least six decades after Jesus' execution, and well after the disciples had died off. Mark was compiled or written when some of Jesus' disciples were still alive, and there's some evidence Mark was a companion of Peter and he compiled the stories and teachings he heard from Peter.
John is a person, not a book.
You don't know when any book of the Bible was written. Omniscience fallacy.

Ic

I suppose if you wanted to make the chronology work out, one could assume the disciple John lived to an exceptionally old age for a first century Galilean Jew, that he spent many years compiling his Gospel, and that somehow a son of a Galilean fisherman was exceptionally fluent and literate in Koine Greek.

To me, that's a little too much fancy dancing to get the chronology and apostolic authorship to work out.

The most likely explanation to me is that Gospel of John was authored by an unknown Greek-speaking Jew of considerable education, and it was later attributed to the disciple John by late second and third century Christians.
Presupposition. Why are you trying to destroy any book written by John the Apostle?

^^^
White supremacist antisemitic who supports the violent overthrow of the United States is getting huffy.
8GJ91G0.gif
You are hallucinating again, Sybil.

it's considered the word of God because God worked through men.

same as the old testament.

are Jews dumb and uninformed too?
Thanks for backpedaling and confessing I was correct in writing that the NT was written by men and even if they were divinely inspired this revelation is therefore mediated by fallible humans.

There was a lot of early Christian writings. It wasn't God who told us which of those writings were canonical scripture.

It was the Catholic Church who told us which scripture was canonical.

No it all works quite well just how it is.
That's fine to believe that, but it doesn't really change Christianity, whether the disciple John wrote it, or whether it was written by an unknown Greek-speaking Christian Jew.

Thanks for backpedaling and confessing I was correct in writing that the NT was written by men and even if they were divinely inspired this revelation is therefore mediated by fallible humans.

There was a lot of early Christian writings. It wasn't God who told us which of those writings were canonical scripture.

he is correct

he is correc

Of course it was God that told the church which writings were canonical.

that didn't happen.

its called word of God because it's inspired by God.

you nitpicked on a term

the teaching is that its the word of God.

Catholics teach no different. you're full of shit.

That's fine to believe that, but it doesn't really change Christianity, whether the disciple John wrote it, or whether it was written by an unknown Greek-speaking Christian Jew.
Christianity hasn't changed and can't change. John just did his part to advance it. Thank God.

Back