At What Point?

Catholics espouse beliefs that are not actually in the bible.

That's what bugged Luther. He thought if it wasn't in the bible, it wasn't correct religious belief.

The Catholics believe that church teachings and ecclesiastical authority have the same authority as biblical scripture. The seven sacraments are a specific Catholic belief, even though Luther and Calvin would say most of those sacraments are not found in the bible

Catholic doesn't mean Christian. Catholic is a Latin word for universal, because the church led by the Bishop of Rome considered itself the universal church.
the bulk of the differences, for Luther, involved the crimes of the Popes and the selling of indulgences.......the RCC had its own reformation in the 1600s........they also agreed to let their members read the Bible in the 1960s......

^^ Militant atheists get mad when christians read the bible literally,
but then they also get mad when christians don't read the bible literally.

You can't win Jade. I think some atheists just like the idea of christians believing everything in the bible is literally true and historically factual. It's easier that way to stereotype world Christianity as a cult of dupes and morons.
Some of the Bible is literal and some is not!
It takes time and study to chose which is which.
Same with timelines ,some is literal some is not.

and yet you've chosen them as somehow "the best form of Christianity" apparently, for not following "sola scriptura", in this small argument here.

so what is the catholic teaching on the role of the pharisees in the persecution of Jesus, Mr. know it all?

or is all this just distracting bullshit with no relevancy to the actual discussion?
Where did I say "the best form of Christianity"? Copy and paste my words.

AGAIN the irony is "bible believing" Christians who believe something thats not in the bible. I merely painted out scripture actually reached the opposite
and for the rest of the time there was.......it was called the Protestant Reformation.......you guys realized we were right and had your own reformation about a hundred years later.......
The reformation was based on a perversion. That's just how it is.

the bulk of the differences, for Luther, involved the crimes of the Popes and the selling of indulgences.......the RCC had its own reformation in the 1600s........they also agreed to let their members read the Bible in the 1960s......
The corruption is what first teed up Luther. But he also started making the case that a lot of what the Roman Catholic church believed and practiced wasn't based on anything in the bible: i.e., most of the sacraments, the celibacy requirements of the clergy, only allowing the bible to be written and read in Latin by the priestly class, clerical hierarchy and veneration of saints, salvation occurring through a combination of the sacramental obligations, works, and faith

Where did I say "the best form of Christianity"? Copy and paste my words.

AGAIN the irony is "bible believing" Christians who believe something thats not in the bible. I merely painted out scripture actually reached the opposite

The reformation was based on a perversion. That's just how it is.
I was only trying to quote Cypress.

he was making this big distinction about protestants following the Bible too closely, or some such nonsense, but then not saying how the catholic teaching is actually different.

he's an intellectual fraud who's big trick is distraction.

I was only trying to quote Cypress.

he was making this big distinction about protestants following the Bible too closely, or some such nonsense, but then not saying how the catholic teaching is actually different.

he's an intellectual fraud who's big trick is distraction.
Got it. My bad.

Cypress may be a fraud but he clearly overestimates his intelligence

The corruption is what first teed up Luther. But he also started making the case that a lot of what the Roman Catholic church believed and practiced wasn't based on anything in the bible: i.e., most of the sacraments, the celibacy requirements of the clergy, only allowing the bible to be written and read in Latin by the priestly class, clerical hierarchy and veneration of saints, salvation occurring through a combination of the sacramental obligations, works, and faith
This post is filled with either lies or ignorance. Whichever one it is is based on your intent.

LMAO the church never prohibited it's members from reading the bible. I thought that level of stupidity about the church went away with the world is flat but apparently not.

This post is filled with either lies or ignorance. Whichever one it is is based on your intent.
So you don't know the history of the Protestant Reformation.

LMAO the church never prohibited it's members from reading the bible. I thought that level of stupidity about the church went away with the world is flat but apparently not.
The Roman Catholic church did not permit printing the bible in vernacular languages. It was only allowed to be printed in Latin, a dead language by the middle ages which only priests were trained to read.

Luther make one of the first bible translations out of Latin into a vernacular language - in this case, German - so average literate Germans could read it.

So you don't know the history of the Protestant Reformation.
Sure i do. A looney little monk with a mental illness decided he didn't like what Scripture said so he changed it. Did you read what Luther ultimately thought about the effect of his "reformation"? I bet you didnt. He is responsible for leading so many people astray it's sad. God have mercy on his soul. Matthew 18:6

Sure i do. A looney little monk with a mental illness decided he didn't like what Scripture said so he changed it. Did you read what Luther ultimately thought about the effect of his "reformation"? I bet you didnt. He is responsible for leading so many people astray it's sad. God have mercy on his soul. Matthew 18:6
PMP is correct in stating that the Roman Catholic church ultimately saw that the Protestant Reformation had some valid points, because the Catholics started their own reformation a few decades after Luther and Calvin.

The Roman Catholic church did not permit printing the bible in vernacular languages. It was only allowed to be printed in Latin, a dead language by the middle ages which only priests were trained to read.

Luther make one of the first bible translations out of Latin into a vernacular language - in this case, German - so average literate Germans could read it.
yes. the protestants were great christians.

back to basics and a read it for yourself mentality was sorely needed in the christian world.

there's a rumor that the pope created Islam to oppress other Christian traditions in the middleast, the various orthodoxies and other communities with a more direct connection to actual Bible historicites.

THe catholic Church is a tool of Satan, how about that?

do you know of the Jesuit Fourth Vow?

Only partially true. The bible had been translated into local languages for quite a long time. Do some research.

Luther was late to the translation party and he ultimately regretted it.

That's a good point. I don't think there are many genuine christians or impartial atheists here.

JPP seems to be renowned for it's rival teams of fake christian poseurs and anti-christian zealots.
They’re all lip-service/faux Christians. They talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. Sad.

Only partially true. The bible had been translated into local languages for quite a long time. Do some research.

Luther was late to the translation party and he ultimately regretted it.
and while we're here, what is the catholic teaching on the role of the pharisees in jesus's persecution?

Back