At What Point?

Domer, you've already proved you don't want to discuss anything. You're just looking for excuses to insult people who disagree with you, even in the slightest.

If you weren't such a miserable, closed-minded person, you'd know several facts about me:
1. I'm not religious.
2. I support the rights of all human beings to do as they please as long as they don't hurt others. I consider taking advantage of children or abusing them to be hurting them.
3. I support a person's right to choose what they do with their own body which includes fucking as many consenting adults as they please, ingesting whatever substances they please or having whatever operations they desire.
4. I support the Constitution and consider our federal government important to national security both at home and abroad.

Instead, you cherry-pick and broad-brush, which is your right to do. My right is to disagree.
If you actually read and understood my posts, they are quite specific and we can talk about any one that you wish.

^^^
Ran from the question.

I'll rephrase: Are you saying I was wrong to assert that you believe the entire NT was fabricated and that you believe Jesus never existed?

If so, what part was I wrong about?
I’m saying I have never said either and put the ball in your court to prove otherwise. You continue to fail to do so.

Can you hear the Jeopardy Theme?

“This is the place” said Brigham. And it wasn’t California.

Don’t tell me about Mormons, dude. I have lived in Idaho my entire life. I know the drill.
Correct, they weren't in California.

I didn't know living next door made you an expert on your neighbors.

8sohzx.gif

Dutch and Cypress both lie about what others say.
^^^
Put me on ignore after claiming offense at personal insults....but couldn't list any of them.
He also complained about me responding to posts to others. :thinking:
I am getting tired of your personal attacks.

What I tell people is, do you want to discuss issues or write insults.
Why do you keep responding to posts directed toward Cypress?

Read “No Man Knows My History”.

I have.
Pass. If I was in a bunker waiting for the end of the world, it'd be waaaay down my reading list.

Unlike the atheists and theists, I have no religious agenda to push. I don't hate anyone but do stand against those who hate or push emotionally laden agendas that go against unalienable rights, spread intolerance and divide people against one another.

I’m saying I have never said either and put the ball in your court to prove otherwise. You continue to fail to do so.

Can you hear the Jeopardy Theme?

You know there is literally no reason to "discuss" anything with Doc Dutch (AKA Commander Dutch, AKA Dutch Uncle). All he wants to do is piss people off. For some strange reason it gets him off and he enjoys it more than anything else.

He's not on here to discuss theology. He's on here to get people pissed off.

They were pissed at the Mormons wherever they went. Upstate New York, Missouri, Illinois. The only place they could escape to was where nobody else wanted to go - Utah.
Yes, Brigham Young's claim to fame.
A weird little religion I have never any interest in.

If you actually read and understood my posts, they are quite specific and we can talk about any one that you wish.
I have read your posts to me, Domer. They seem very emotional. Example: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/threads/at-what-point.212989/post-5999360
Recently, I’ve spent hours upon hours upon hours reading and listening to OT scholars. Some Jewish, some Christian, some atheists. Nonetheless, all scholars on the origins of the OT gods and the evolution to monotheism. Currently, in the middle of a book from another scholar. Funny thing, to a person, they all say you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.
Why are you so heavily invested in this? A curiosity? Sure. To literally spend "hours upon hours" on it? Unless it's your job, I fail to see the draw to sustain such an investment of time and emotion.

Pass. If I was in a bunker waiting for the end of the world, it'd be waaaay down my reading list.

Unlike the atheists and theists, I have no religious agenda to push. I don't hate anyone but do stand against those who hate or push emotionally laden agendas that go against unalienable rights, spread intolerance and divide people against one another.
You see, unlike many of you fucks, I like to know at least a little of what I’m talking about.

There are no such things as unalienable rights. They all have limitations.

I have read your posts to me, Domer. They seem very emotional. Example: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/threads/at-what-point.212989/post-5999360

Why are you so heavily invested in this? A curiosity? Sure. To literally spend "hours upon hours" on it? Unless it's your job, I fail to see the draw to sustain such an investment of time and emotion.
It’s called intellectual curiosity. And it’s easy to do with podcasts, an earpiece and an hour walk. You should try it sometime. You might learn something

Kinda like me and the one Jewish kid.
Mormonism has only been around 150 years. We haven't seen yet if it will stand the test of time. If it's still around in 2,000 years, then it will join Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Daoism as a world religion that had something intangible about it that gave it lasting power and appeal.

Yes, Brigham Young's claim to fame.
A weird little religion I have never any interest in.

Why is that? To me it is a masterclass in how a manifestly made-up thing can morph into an established religion that is honestly and earnestly believed by millions across the world.

It's like watching in real time the birth of a new faith, warts and all.

Mormonism is an EXCELLENT thing to study in terms of how religious ideas get propagated and picked up by people.

Back