At What Point?

Really?

Didn't like the sound of the bullshit you posted yourself...and decided to delete it, huh?

I am genuinely curious why you guys are so dishonest. If you were honest you would see this thread and the others on this subforum which I post on I have posted a TON of detailed position statements and discussion points.

The fact that you ultimately couldn't defend your own position and chose to turn it into "what movies have you seen?" tells me your dishonesty in debates is well-established.

You and Cypress and Doc are some of the least honest interlocutors on here. You really seem more interested in attacking people than actually discussing a point. And when you attack enough the other person responds in kind suddenly you think you are on some "moral high ground".

You aren't. You are either really dishonest or fucking massively confused by life.

I am genuinely curious why you guys are so dishonest...You and Cypress and Doc are some of the least honest interlocutors on here. You really seem more interested in attacking people than actually discussing a point.
Whines when others go off topic and engage in personal attacks, but doesn't hold himself to the same standard. Sad.

Agreed. The best Russian history course I ever took was basically an intellectual and cultural history of Russia: the ideas, cultural values, political philosophies, economic developments, artistic movements of Russia, how they evolved, and how they all worked together to illuminate key characteristics of the overall Russian experience.

Your degree must have required a lot of coursework in history?
Not my psych degree but my International Relations MS required a lot of history. I took that program in late '89 through 1990. The cracks were already showing in the Evil Empire and I, looking for a solid fitness report bullet, thought it best to study something other than the common path of the USSR. Thinking about where the next wars were most likely, I chose to focus upon South American and the Middle East. This led to a lot of study about Islam and the Spanish "colonization" of South and Central America.

Although the South American wars didn't pan out (and the degree didn't save me from the Democratic "Guns to Butter" program) the differences between how Spain approached the New World and how the Dutch/English/French approached it was one of the most memorable aspects to me since the differences are still with us today. The Spanish saw the New World as something to plunder and go home. They set up a culture of Bosses and peons with the Spanish lords seeking to go home. The Northwestern Euros saw the New World as an extension of their own and moved their families there to stay.

You're supposed to try to improve yourself, not claim that the lord understands and tolerates your vile language, sins, and racism.
Faux Christians use Christianity as a shield. They repeatedly sin without remorse. When confronted with their sins, they invariably claim "we're all sinners".

Not my psych degree but my International Relations MS required a lot of history. I took that program in late '89 through 1990. The cracks were already showing in the Evil Empire and I, looking for a solid fitness report bullet, thought it best to study something other than the common path of the USSR. Thinking about where the next wars were most likely, I chose to focus upon South American and the Middle East. This led to a lot of study about Islam and the Spanish "colonization" of South and Central America.

Although the South American wars didn't pan out (and the degree didn't save me from the Democratic "Guns to Butter" program) the differences between how Spain approached the New World and how the Dutch/English/French approached it was one of the most memorable aspects to me since the differences are still with us today. The Spanish saw the New World as something to plunder and go home. They set up a culture of Bosses and peons with the Spanish lords seeking to go home. The Northwestern Euros saw the New World as an extension of their own and moved their families there to stay.
Good stuff.

Latin American history is a real blank spot for Americans. The middle east too.

They are supposed to at least attempt to emulate the example of Jesus, not holler that they have God's approval and sanction to be a vile and reprehensible person
Agreed on the tenets of Christianity. This is how I, for one, determine who is actually trying to live a Christian life (@Jade Dragon ) and those like @Blackwater Lunchbreak and other MAGAts who only wear Christianity as a mask.

8sr6k4.jpg

Agreed on the tenets of Christianity. This is how I, for one, determine who is actually trying to live a Christian life (@Jade Dragon ) and those like @Blackwater Lunchbreak and other MAGAts who only wear Christianity as a mask.

8sr6k4.jpg

Jade seems to be authentic.

Seems to be very few authentic Christians on JPP. At least if Christian is defined as one who tries to emulate the example of Jesus.

Seems to be very few authentic Christians on JPP. At least if Christian is defined as one who tries to emulate the example of Jesus.

So basically not you and Doc. You two clearly find Jesus to be an "interesting" but ultimately "not very compelling" teacher. Which is why you bathe in your hatred and nurse your grudges so well and so long.

I've always been fond of the "forgiveness" and "love thy enemy" but you two really seem to hate those teachings. Probably burns your eyes just looking at them. In your estimation Jesus was kinda lame apparently.

Good stuff.

Latin American history is a real blank spot for Americans. The middle east too.
All my classes were night courses with one or two weekend courses* mixed in. All involved writing a 10-15 page paper with 15-page midterm and final papers tossed in.** This was over a decade after graduating college, so it took me a couple classes to get back into the swing of things, but then it became very enjoyable and something I looked forward to each week.

*Go Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday, skip a weekend, repeat then followed by the standard 10-15 page paper.

**All were written on an Apple IIGS and a dot-matrix printer.

I get the impression that the Protestantism of northwestern Europe really played a role in the capitalism, widespread literacy, and roots of democracy that took hold in the English colonies.

Spain was still under the influence of the Medieval Catholic Church, and they were entirely hung up on ecclesiastical maters. While they may have been interested converting natives to the faith, as an institution they didn't have the interest in secular matters such as economics, secular education, or the political philosophies of the Enlightenment era

Agreed.

Agreed again. Certainly not a single one among the MAGAts.

All involved writing a 10-15 page paper with 15-page midterm and final papers tossed in.** This was over a decade after graduating college, so it took me a couple classes to get back into the swing of things, but then it became very enjoyable and something I looked forward to each week.

*Go Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday, skip a weekend, repeat then followed by the standard 10-15 page paper.

**All were written on an Apple IIGS and a dot-matrix printer.
200w.gif

Back