Atheists: a 5 year old is on her deathbed....

I'm scared of reality, plenty there to be scared about. Make believe, wishful thinking based on feelings doesn't scare me. Other than my family missing me once I'm gone, I have no fear of death. Believers fear death and thus they need assurance this isn't all there is. They need to believe there's something after this because simply ceasing to exist scares the shit out of them. You are the one full of fear. Not me.

OH, PLEASE show where "believers fear death"!!

Waiting to find out is something that helps me stay alive. Not knowing can be a good thing. It's the same reason I've never been suicidal. I'm too curious about what is going to happen next.

I have no fear of death. Again, it's OK to be scared of what you will face after this life.

No one will miss you. Your grave will give me another place to shit and piss when I need to go.

How very Christian of you. If believing in your book and your god would make me like you, then I'm quite happy being the atheist I am. You are a piss poor example of what you claim your belief bestows on you. Based on your own assumptions, you are the one who should fear facing god because you believe in that message but don't live it. That would make you a hypocrite.

Btw I plan on being cremated so no grave to desecrate but even if I did have a grave for you to shit and piss on, the fact that I will be dead means you will be pissing and shitting on a grave and the only who cares about that is you...and possibly security if they catch you. I won't begrudge you your crude behavior if it gives you the warm and fuzzies. We all have our kinks.

You claim you will simply cease to exist. You don't know nor have a way of knowing.

I said you fear the idea of simply ceasing to exist. I didn't state that as a fact. Read to comprehend, not to reply in all your soap box outrage.

Just because someone wants to continue living, doesn't mean that they're afraid of dying.

If heaven awaits you, why would you want to delay residing there? Who in their right mind who claims to believe in God and heaven and eternity of bliss would hang on to this imperfect pain filled unjust world if they didn't have to? Damn, if I believed heaven existed I certainly wouldn't waste time on this planet if I didn't have to plus knowing my family would be there eventually would make the choice even easier. But you all cling to this life as if you know it's the only one there is. I wonder why?

How very Christian of you. If believing in your book and your god would make me like you, then I'm quite happy being the atheist I am. You are a piss poor example of what you claim your belief bestows on you. Based on your own assumptions, you are the one who should fear facing god because you believe in that message but don't live it. That would make you a hypocrite.

Btw I plan on being cremated so no grave to desecrate but even if I did have a grave for you to shit and piss on, the fact that I will be dead means you will be pissing and shitting on a grave and the only who cares about that is you...and possibly security if they catch you. I won't begrudge you your crude behavior if it gives you the warm and fuzzies. We all have our kinks.

How can I face someone you don't believe exists? Talk about hypocrisy.

I believe in what you will face when you die. God's word has described it. Nothing crude about it.

You'll burn in eternity. Why not your body.

If heaven awaits you, why would you want to delay residing there? Who in their right mind who claims to believe in God and heaven and eternity of bliss would hang on to this imperfect pain filled unjust world if they didn't have to? Damn, if I believed heaven existed I certainly wouldn't waste time on this planet if I didn't have to plus knowing my family would be there eventually would make the choice even easier. But you all cling to this life as if you know it's the only one there is. I wonder why?

I didn't know someone could have that many misconceptions of God's word in just one post.

How can I face someone you don't believe exists? Talk about hypocrisy.

I believe in what you will face when you die. God's word has described it. Nothing crude about it.

You'll burn in eternity. Why not your body.

God's word didn't describe it. Ignorant men 2000 years ago described it. If you want to take their word as gospel then good for you. I don't. If I burn for eternity then so be it. The very idea that a loving merciful god would want to burn anyone for eternity is laughable yet horrible. Believe in me or burn? What a hateful demand. Love me or else? Sounds like an abuser? No thanks.

God's word didn't describe it. Ignorant men 2000 years ago described it. If you want to take their word as gospel then good for you. I don't. If I burn for eternity then so be it. The very idea that a loving merciful god would want to burn anyone for eternity is laughable yet horrible. Believe in me or burn? What a hateful demand. Love me or else? Sounds like an abuser? No thanks.

He doesn't want you to burn. You want to burn by the choice YOU made. Why do you hate yourself so much?

If you're not scared of death, why not off yourself = same analogy.

Just because someone wants to continue living, doesn't mean that they're afraid of dying.

It is the underlying impelling reason for all religion with very few exceptions.
It illustrates a major flaw in human development.
We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
Ergo, religion.

For you to invoke "intellect" into your arguments...is as absurd and comical as your invocation of "morality" as a reason you could not comfort a dying toddler.

You are as phony as anyone in this forum...and as blind to your phoniness as anyone else.

You won't acknowledge that you hang on to the chance that there is a heaven with your " I can't know for sure" hedge.
You say you don't do believing yet you can't let it go.
You still believe without admitting it.
Your anger about it reveals much.

If I were forced to make a blind guess...it would be that there is no heaven...and the last thing in the world I would wish for is for there to be one. I have lived a fine life...perhaps a luckier one than most. But as it is closing out, I am totally comfortable with the notion of its end. The chance that it will last...will continue...is something to dread...not something one would "hang on to." I certainly feel that way.

YOU, Leonthecat, are as full of shit as anyone I have ever heard discuss this subject.

No...I do not do "believing"...meaning I do not make blind guesses (unless forced) on things like whether there are gods or not. If there are gods...fuck 'em if they do not like the way I live MY life.

Oh...have I mentioned that I think you are as full of shit as anyone I've ever heard discuss this subject?

You use the word "heaven". You still want to believe but can't admit it.
The ire you toss my way is generated from within as you disappoint your own intellect.
I understand.
I have experienced it from others before.
I won't take it personally.

I don't care what you do.

I laugh at your assertion that you would not comfort a dying toddler...because to do so would be an affront to your great morality.

You are not only full of shit...you are a total jerk.

Not defending Leon's "wisdom" but I will point out that just because "billions" of people believe something without evidence, does not make that thing true. Wishful thinking is not fact and never will be. You can't base fact on feelings.

I do find it ironic that you claim Liberals base their entire life on feelings but yet here you are basing your life on how you feel about there being a God and heaven and hell etc with no evidence. Just your feelings that it's true because you simply can't know what you don't know and have no way of knowing.

I, for one, am not claiming anything about this issue is true or false.

I AM claiming just about everything from people calling themselves theists and atheists...are nothing more than blind guesses about the unknown.

Leon is an asshole...pretending HIS blind guesses are somehow different and more intellectual than the blind guesses that lead to gods and heavens and hells.

His blind guesses are no better than any of those others...and his disparagement of people who acknowledge not knowing is almost as funny as his pretense that he could not comfort a dying toddler because his IS TOO MORAL.

Back