"Baby Mama" - Stay Classy FOXNews

They have two different meanings.

One is the father of my child.

The other was designed to import the knowledge that I am not married to the father and hes not even my boy friend anymore.

Sorry, I'm laughing here. Especially because of the context. The teacher who correctly cleared up the grammatical use of an apostrophe went on to use an apostrophe in the possessive form of a pronoun. Even if nobody else gets this, Meg, you know what I mean! :p

LOL that's great!! And yes I so got it, and had to go back and fix my mistake. Gonna put my red pen away for the day :o

The other was designed to import the knowledge that I am not married to the father and hes not even my boy friend anymore.
The un-Ghetto way for her to have expressed this in the first place is to refer to him as "the father of our children." She was trying to play like she was in da 'hood.

Michelle didn’t even have the sense to be born half-white, like Barack did. The WSJ poll yesterday has gotten a lot of play, but a lot of people are concentrating on women and independents…here is the number which jumped out at me: 62% of HISPANICS are going for Obama. That is huge.

The R’s are going to go so negative we are all going to feel as if we are covered in slime when it’s over, and Michelle Obama, because she is both black, and a woman, is going to get some of the ugliest stuff. The good news is that when this finally ends, the Republican party may no longer be viable nationally.

Michelle didn’t even have the sense to be born half-white, like Barack did. The WSJ poll yesterday has gotten a lot of play, but a lot of people are concentrating on women and independents…here is the number which jumped out at me: 62% of HISPANICS are going for Obama. That is huge.

The R’s are going to go so negative we are all going to feel as if we are covered in slime when it’s over, and Michelle Obama, because she is both black, and a woman, is going to get some of the ugliest stuff. The good news is that when this finally ends, the Republican party may no longer be viable nationally.

Quite true.

And also, I have to say, that other than hard-core racists (and they weren’t going to vote for Obama anyway) attacking Michelle Obama will have the effect of bringing women of all races to Obama. Because other than hard-core racists, women will simply see another woman…being attacked. And they won’t like it.

They are courting a shrinking demographic.

When this demographic dies of old age they will have no base at all.

Rappers who have kids out of wedlock and then rap about the dramas with babies mama's.

It is an often used phrased by people of all ethnicities. My guess is it probably started within the black community and then spread to suburban whites which brought it to the mainstream. Now you hear educated people talking about 'baby mama drama' and it makes one shake their head.

I first heard the term in a deposition when I was a prosecutor back in 2000. I asked the woman who someone was and she said, "Thats my babby daddy." I had to get her to explain to me what that ment.

And also, I have to say, that other than hard-core racists (and they weren’t going to vote for Obama anyway) attacking Michelle Obama will have the effect of bringing women of all races to Obama. Because other than hard-core racists, women will simply see another woman…being attacked. And they won’t like it.

How do you think other women will react to seeing Cindy McCain being attacked for her past drug problem if it starts to happen?

Why is the media all over the idea that Michelle Obama may have called whites Whitty, while they never mention Candy's drug thefts.

Why is it that they never mention McCain's Gook comment, but if Michelle said Whitty, it will be devistating to the campaign?

Why is the media all over the idea that Michelle Obama may have called whites Whitty, while they never mention Candy's drug thefts.

Why is it that they never mention McCain's Gook comment, but if Michelle said Whitty, it will be devistating to the campaign?

I'll give you a couple of reasons. One is Cindy's drug deal probably will come up but it happened a long time ago so it is already in the public domain. It is not new which these allegations against Michelle are.

People have taken offense to McCain's gook comments. He has said he refer to those who tortured him as gooks. Even those who dislike the use of the term and find it offensive may be a little more lienent based on McCain's experience from which it was based.

Just picture what the outroar would be if Cindy McCain was caught on tape talking to a large group railing on black folk? People would be like WTF? Kind of the same with Michelle.

I'll give you a couple of reasons. One is Cindy's drug deal probably will come up but it happened a long time ago so it is already in the public domain. It is not new which these allegations against Michelle are.

People have taken offense to McCain's gook comments. He has said he refer to those who tortured him as gooks. Even those who dislike the use of the term and find it offensive may be a little more lienent based on McCain's experience from which it was based.

Just picture what the outroar would be if Cindy McCain was caught on tape talking to a large group railing on black folk? People would be like WTF? Kind of the same with Michelle.

If they call Cindy a junkie I will be outraged.

The bottom of the video does, but that doesn't change the blur from an overlay. It appears manufactured.

I will seek more information on it, but as it stands with the evidence I have been shown, it appears to me as if some people are seeking to make Fox look bad, rather than reporting fairly.

You are good at this, so I will have to go with your assessment.

i do not know if anyone else posted the following, but here it is

'baby mama' is a slang term for a not married black woman that has children by more than one man

some dems have their collective heads up their rectums

June 12, 2008, 9:31 am
Was It a Slur?

By Tobin Harshaw

Tags: Barack Obama, michelle obama

Salon’s Alex Koppelman, tipped off by a reader, reports that on Fox News yesterday, “during a segment discussing conservative attacks against Michelle Obama, the wife of presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama, the network described the former as ‘Obama’s baby mama.’ ” (Koppelman has the video clip of the controversial chyron on his blog.)

For Koppelman’s colleague Joan Walsh, this raises some questions:

“Where do you even start when criticizing Fox’s slur? Do you try to explain that ‘baby mama’ is slang for the unmarried mother of a man’s child, and not his wife, or even a girlfriend? Are they racist, or just clueless? Isn’t there racism even in their cluelessness, if somebody didn’t know what “baby mama” means, but used it anyway? Even at Fox, won’t somebody have to apologize? Am I wasting my time even thinking about that?”

Michelle Malkin, who was the featured guest on the Fox report in question, answers that last query in the affirmative.

I did not write the caption and I was not aware of it when it ran (the Baltimore studio doesn’t have a monitor). I don’t know if the caption writer was making a lame attempt to be hip, clueless about the original etymology of the phrase, or both. But I do know that it was Michelle Obama herself who referred to Barack as her “baby’s daddy” and has used the phrase “baby daddy” to describe Barack while on the stump this year.

Here’s how she introduced him during his Senate victory speech on Nov. 2, 2004:

MICHELLE OBAMA, WIFE OF BARACK OBAMA: My baby’s daddy Barack Obama. Yeah!

Apples and oranges? The Opinionator reports, you decide …

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/12/was-it-a-slur/?ref=opinion

I suppose FOXNews will now refer to Cindy McCain as a cunt and a trollop since that's how John McCain referred to her.

Right?

I suppose FOXNews will now refer to Cindy McCain as a cunt and a trollop since that's how John McCain referred to her.

Right?
Speculation. I'm sure they'd report it if he used it in a speech though. Welcome to SadAnalogyLand!

Of course, attempting to "hip up" the news like that was stupid and did nothing for their image.

Back