Clinton: international affairs/political science
Bush Sr: economics
Reagan: sociology and economics
Carter: bachelor of science, Naval Academy
Ford: economics
Nixon: history
LBJ: history
JFK: government/international affairs

STEM degrees aren't neccesarily ideal for leadership positions. STEM's core focus is not on writing skills, speaking skills, or the study of business, law, human affairs and relations, or the human condition.

STEM degrees aren't neccesarily ideal for leadership positions. STEM's core focus is not on writing skills, speaking skills, or the study of business, law, human affairs and relations, or the human condition.

A Naval Academy bachelor of science is basically a STEM degree, but the rest are not. Hoover was basically a mining engineer, though technically gradated in geology, because degrees in mining engineering did not exist at Stanford at the time. So the two STEM majors are Carter and Hoover.

A Naval Academy bachelor of science is basically a STEM degree, but the rest are not. Hoover was basically a mining engineer, though technically gradated in geology, because degrees in mining engineering did not exist at Stanford at the time. So the two STEM majors are Carter and Hoover.

You're right.

Although I consider Carter to be underrated, he and Hoover are generally considered by history to be middling to mediocre presidents.

I'd be surprised if more than a handful of prime ministers and presidents of developed nations have ever had STEM college educations.

You're right.

Although I consider Carter to be underrated, he and Hoover are generally considered by history to be middling to mediocre presidents.

I'd be surprised if more than a handful of prime ministers and presidents of developed nations have ever had STEM college educations.

Both Carter and Hoover were great men, who accomplished far less than expected from their Presidencies. Maybe that is a coincidence, or maybe STEM training does not properly prepare you for the Presidency.

Biden: double major - political science & history
Trump: economics
Obama: double major - political science & English literature
GW Bush: history
Clinton: international affairs/political science
Bush Sr: economics
Reagan: sociology and economics
Carter: bachelor of science, Naval Academy
Ford: economics
Nixon: history
LBJ: history
JFK: government/international affairs

26 presidents have been lawyers including 5 of those

Both Carter and Hoover were great men, who accomplished far less than expected from their Presidencies. Maybe that is a coincidence, or maybe STEM training does not properly prepare you for the Presidency.

Both men were hit with bad economics, and Hoover, who had attained honors feeding Europe after WWI, was burdened by a conservative philosophy ill equipped to address a historical depression

26 presidents have been lawyers including 5 of those

I count 4: Biden, Obama, Clinton, and Nixon. Who is your fifth? I am not saying you are wrong, but I do not see a fifth lawyer in the list from JFK to Biden.

LBJ attended law school, but did not graduate. Was he able to become a lawyer anyway? JFK's brother Bobby Kennedy was a lawyer, but not JFK. I have a lot of respect for Ford, but I cannot imagine he was smart enough to go to law school. Carter was definitely not a lawyer. Reagan and Bush sr had no chance to become lawyers. Bush jr had an MBA rather than a law degree. He was the first to get an MBA. trump tried desperately to become a lawyer, but he was just plain dumb and lazy.

I count 4: Biden, Obama, Clinton, and Nixon. Who is your fifth? I am not saying you are wrong, but I do not see a fifth lawyer in the list from JFK to Biden.

LBJ attended law school, but did not graduate. Was he able to become a lawyer anyway? JFK's brother Bobby Kennedy was a lawyer, but not JFK. I have a lot of respect for Ford, but I cannot imagine he was smart enough to go to law school. Carter was definitely not a lawyer. Reagan and Bush sr had no chance to become lawyers. Bush jr had an MBA rather than a law degree. He was the first to get an MBA. trump tried desperately to become a lawyer, but he was just plain dumb and lazy.

Law school is for the stupid. Law as a secondary graduate degree to a real application is acceptable. Law is one of the easiest liberal arts, because like political science and sociology, it's made up as you go...

Law school is for the stupid. Law as a secondary graduate degree to a real application is acceptable. Law is one of the easiest liberal arts, because like political science and sociology, it's made up as you go...

Ain’t often these days to see a conservative imply the SCOTUS is stupid

You're right.

Carter must love Quid Pro...

Carter was hands down the worst president in history, until Bought and Paid for came along.

The education of the presidential candidates doesn't address the problem of a semi-literate electorate.

We absolutely HAVE to come up with a reliable pre-natal IQ test
so that we're not sending so many idiots into the population and eventually the electorate.

Ford

The education of the presidential candidates doesn't address the problem of a semi-literate electorate.

so that we're not sending so many idiots into the population and eventually the electorate.

This from a moron who voluntarily exposed himself to repeated punches in the face. I think you might be the very last person we would want to pay attention to regarding anything.

People who pursue STEM are interested in data and technology.

Their undergraduate education does not directly prepare or train them in rhetoric, public speaking, communication, or persuasion. They do get a good dose of technical writing.

And they don't tend to be as interested in secular humanistic realms of knowledge like political philosophy, law, economics, history, business. Things a politician should be informed about.

That you are a eugenics proponent is entirely unsurprising.

N2HwPd1fhCvWzFNzte0-gCjWZgjrgCt3Y7ydhXSB8xr0oZRJWjTVqqfadUfXN1IOmKRTwuUOaHp5qg_Sn_TpXGMQ1lGhabUmNUfVYz_DV8vnqz61zApOtx5jc7HNCTKDV5nPvIFnVs_DkfqrXHjd1EL-22wTPkQP

Back