Bachmann wins Iowa

You've ignored every request, by me and other posters, to show the number of tickets purchased by her competitors to make any valid comparison that would support your theory.

Regardless, the fact that one of her competitor dropped out of the race because he failed to garner support in this poll, and that she beat Paul who practically lives for this poll, supports my assertion that this was a big win for her. :)

Individual numbers of tickets bought by most candidates are unavailable, but that doesn't change the bottom line that all the Front runner candidates bought tickets for anyone willing to vote for them, making the straw poll nothing more than a RightWing fund raiser and an exercise in bribing conservative voters.

I did find this bit of info comparing Ron Paul and Bachmann:

"Paul’s campaign gave out 4,750 tickets to straw poll voters. Ben Smith of Politico reported that Bachmann’s campaign gave away 6,000 tickets. That would mean Paul gave out about 1,250 fewer tickets than Bachmann. She won the poll with 4,823 votes, followed by Paul at 4,671."

http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/13/r...owa-straw-poll-tickets-than-michele-bachmann/

"Mr. Pawlenty promised free tickets to the straw poll, where his campaign will feed supporters barbecue and Dairy Queen Blizzards. There’s also a band..."

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/...res-straw-poll-voters-with-politics-and-food/

"Now, with the straw poll this Saturday, Santorum says he is offering free tickets to voters who plan on voting for him and making that trip down to Ames."

http://www.kimt.com/content/localnews/story/Santorum-in-Mason-City/iMIMCilk-kC_qLnW59zXSA.cspx

"Cain said his campaign will furnish straw poll tickets, which cost $30, for supporters to attend. The straw poll has been criticized because candidates routinely bus supporters to the Ames event and buy their tickets to attend. Some have said that’s tantamount to buying votes."

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/06/22/cain-we-wont-buy-votes-in-iowa-gop-straw-poll/

Flashback(2007) Mitt Romney Supporter Votes Dozens of Times in Florida Straw Poll

They ALL do it...and they've done it for years...Bachmann may have won, but she HAD TO BUY HER WIN her win...that's how little the Iowa straw poll meant.

So you have no proof of your assertion. Big surprise from you, Zippy. :)

Another DY lie...no surprise there...

My assertion HAS ALWAYS BEEN that Bachmann and the other candidates bought the tickets their supporters needed to vote in the straw poll.

I have proved that to be true.

I understand why...it must be tough to have to side with someone ideologically your opposite on almost every issue.

You don't want to piss off DY, what with his ideas and beliefs being so similar to yours...

You're right.

While I don't agree (at all) with Damn Yankee on some issues,,,, many issues I do.

To me,,, Bachmann isn't worth locking horns with Damn Yankee on.

Let him defend her.

What have you been smoking? The 08 democratic primary was predicted as being a close fight between Obama and Clinton and that's what it was. If Obama had been the presumptive nominee he would have wrapped up the nomination after super Tuesday.

Hillary was favorite, Obama was a distant second. Grind's an idiot.

Just kidding grind. :-*

You're right.

While I don't agree (at all) with Damn Yankee on some issues,,,, many issues I do.

To me,,, Bachmann isn't worth locking horns with Damn Yankee on.

Let him defend her.

I hear ya...and in less than a year I predict Bachmann will be unimportant to the overall race.

It's just so much fun pushing DY's buttons and watching him react with exactly the same petulant, whiny excuses over and over.

Perhaps you should take that up with Dixie and GoodLuck...both claim that a straw poll victory isn't worth spit.

The straw polls are used by the candidates to gather data, several candidates have withdrawn from races because of the results of straw polls, to claim that aren't significant isn't true, I think there is a little desperation in not wanting them to count.

Perhaps you should take that up with Dixie and GoodLuck...both claim that a straw poll victory isn't worth spit.
Not if the winners fail to capitalize on it. Again, it was a big win for her, presenting her with an excellent opportunity to take her campaign to the next level.

Back